Jack Monroe #13 Saint Monroe, patron of all tinned and canned goods provider of the great

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am updating the list:
ADHD
Alcoholism
Anaphylaxis
Anorexia
Anxiety
Arthritis
Asthma
Autism
Depression
Ehlers-Danlos Syndome
Heart problems
Immuno-compromised
Mouth ulcers
Poor mental health
PTSD
Sexual abuse
Trauma
Weakened knees
Violence

Phew.
Manic personality needs adding too

Reactions: 5
200 units to be exact. I find that if that is true, which I doubt, shocking. Especially with a young son around.
Extraordinarily lucky that there wasn’t a medical emergency before she gave up the booze. What are the chances :unsure:

+++

Last Thursday evening, my son, eight years old, crawled into bed with me at 3am. “I can’t breathe, Mama,” he wheezed. He was having a severe asthma attack. I bolted upright, grabbed Vaporub and an inhaler, sat him up, folded his arms across his chest the way paramedics had taught me, leaned him forward to open his airways, and listened to his breathing. I was wide awake, lucid, and this was an emergency. I know from my own childhood that asthma attacks can be fatal. I was poised to call 999 if there was even the slightest worsening in his chest.
I lay awake beside him for the rest of the night, listening intently. I whispered to my partner on the other side of the bed, again and again, “Thank duck I’m sober”.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I am updating the list:
ADHD
Alcoholism
Anaphylaxis
Anorexia
Anxiety
Arthritis
Asthma
Autism
Depression
Ehlers-Danlos Syndome
Heart problems
Immuno-compromised
Mouth ulcers
Panic attacks
Poor mental health
PTSD
Sexual abuse
Trauma
Weakened knees
Violence

Phew.
You left out panic attacks.

Reactions: 7
Is 2 day old bread a remarkable thing??
No it really isn’t remarkable but it is such a clever use of adjectives. People think...oh poor you eating old bread, it puts the idea in the readers head of old stale moulds bread. If the reader actually stopped and thought about it they would realise that it is quite normal, normally freshen it up by toasting it or sprinkle water and put it in the oven!

And here, your honour, I present further evidence that Jack Monroe is unequivocally talking out her arse when she claims to be a food expert. Topping an italian pasta sauce with CORIANDER?????? In Jack's eyes its all just green stuff innit.
Also if you make a good pasta sauce you shouldn't need a stock cube.
Mint, parsley, coriander and basil are NOT interchangeable, they all have very different flavours, this is the only evidence needed in court to justify laughing at the ridiculous recipes, we won’t even need grated corned beef.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I’m going out on a limb here but if someone did actually say that to her, I’d go so far as to wager that they’re probably not a fan...
Even her lies don’t make sense! Be more careful next time, jack!

No it really isn’t remarkable but it is such a clever use of adjectives. People think...oh poor you eating old bread, it puts the idea in the readers head of old stale moulds bread. If the reader actually stopped and thought about it they would realise that it is quite normal, normally freshen it up by toasting it or sprinkle water and put it in the oven!

Mint, parsley, coriander and basil are NOT interchangeable, they all have very different flavours, this is the only evidence needed in court to justify laughing at the ridiculous recipes, we won’t even need grated corned beef.
I think she is deliberately trolling us, each recipe is worse and worse

• Haha
Reactions: 13
With regards to Patreon I have the app as I follow one or two podcasts. I only subscribe to one and that’s £3 a month. The podcasts owner does a weekly podcast plus extras for subscribers. He’s a working man and certainly not taking it in. The profit after he takes costs for producing his podcasts goes to various charities.
Sonw of these people want to take note of what this guy does..

Reactions: 15
Those now deleted tweets about appearing on the news keep popping in my head.
Anyone else notice that when the thread beers off topic to recipes, plants, seeds and general life advice Jack pops up with a little twitter rant to ignite the fire? Funny that 🤔

now we’ve been gifted those threader tweets I predict she’ll be well behaved.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The word vomit that I've been reading here by Jack, is reminding me of a friend I cut off last year who I eventually realised was a full blown narcissistist who had been draining me. Her way with words was very similar. It took me several months to get over it, these people need to come with warnings or something. Everything is similar though except my ex-friend had a very real form of arthritis and how she would find it funny to be nasty to other patients and staff at hospital and blame it on her medication.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Those now deleted tweets about appearing on the news keep popping in my head.
Anyone else notice that when the thread beers off topic to recipes, plants, seeds and general life advice Jack pops up with a little twitter rant to ignite the fire? Funny that 🤔

now we’ve been gifted those threader tweets I predict she’ll be well behaved...
She just loves to be the centre of attention clearly

Reactions: 3

Coriander is the spawn of Satan!

• Haha
  • Heart
To be fair, you can do as I did and go to the co-operative at 7:00pm when all the reduced stuff has been shoved on the shelves and bag yourself an olive bread loaf AND a sourdough loaf for less than 50p each.
Fancy as duck!
Had it toasted this morning and felt like a right smug witch!
As you should.

Pretty sure I remember a Tweet where her Mum said she had it too.
Addison’s disease, adrenal insufficiency, steroid dependent. So far.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I found an interview where she said that most herbs and spices are interchangeable, which is absolute poppycock, of course.

The interview contained many more gems... when I can bring myself to revisit it, I will post it here.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.