Jack Monroe #13 Saint Monroe, patron of all tinned and canned goods provider of the great

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah, I just tried to type a post about her woke credentials not being quite as well-developed under the surface, but you've said it so much better than me.
Thanks @Flumps. I have a family member who does the same thing so it’s something I’ve thought about a fair bit because the mental gymnastics required to have a basic conversation with them is Olympic standard. The need for adoration, need to be ‘right’, to ‘win’ at conversations, sensitivity to criticism, making things about them is all the same too. I find it all fascinating.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
EDS ? Someone wrote on the last thread? Where has this been mentioned ?
It's in the email she sent to Next.

I was honestly waiting for her to say she had EDS, it's had a lot of attention recently, I first heard about it about 10 years but only because a friend's niece was diagnosed.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I think if you are an artist, maybe one with a full time job already who needs more money to create art (materials, studio time, whatever) that you’re going to share publicly for free then there is a place to have a Patreon account.

it’s like those huge pop stars who charge for meet and greets. It’s leeching off people, most of whom will have less money than you, who hold you in high regard.

Yes I know the record companies and publishing houses and agents take a lot of the profit. You’re still left with plenty. And begging/guilting people for tips is not the same thing. It’s when the fan thinks they have a personal relationship with the famous person - but it only travels one way.

Amanda Palmer tweeted this a few days ago “
every month, all patreon creators lose a percentage of their patrons because credit cards are declined for one reason or another.

i usually lose a few hundred people.

this month ESPECIALLY, please make sure your account is up to date. we need you. “

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
The prices of private residential treatments in London are about £40k for the month. I’m a huge AA evangelist so I’m not going to bore you guys with my gushing reviews, but the thing I do think private centres get right is pushing patients into 12 step programs cos that’s how you get into living in recovery, like embedded in your community with a network of fellows to support and love you. It doesn’t happen in the metaphorical ivory towers of beautiful treatment “hospitals”

I was in for MH but yeah, they used to take those in for addiction for AA meetings. There were a few a week. They also had follow up meetings they could come back for and 12 months of keeping in touch and availability to support. My initial consultation was £300. Additional therapy was £100 per session, then consultant follow ups about £150. So there was that for a few months till I got told inpatient of you're getting sectioned.

I find her so flippant about everything. It's like she views her alcoholism, anxiety, three therapists and the priory as cool. Oh, there make me so different. Not to belittle her experience, because addiction is horrid. But it seems like she collects personality traits she thinks are cool and will make a good story. And everything is exaggerated. Didn't she say she was drinking an absurd amount of units a week. She really doesn't paint herself as a capable parent at all.

Reactions: 22

Yel

She’s so angling to get on strictly.. also mentioning people WhatsApp her partner about her antics on twitter.. Jesus I’d be mortified if friends/colleagues were whatsapping my partner about being embarrassing on twitter
All this talk of Eddie the eagle and I just wish the jump was still on. That would be the reality TV competition for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It’s amazing that these hate emails are written exclusively by the girls at my early 00s secondary school, I don’t think I’ve heard anyone be called a greasy skank since 2004 (and it’s because she never washed her fringe bless her it was bad)

If it was true she'd of posted it. She would not miss the chance to send her minions on the attack.

Reactions: 15
She had expensive therapy at the Priory? REALLY? I wonder who paid for that as it is seriously expensive.
Was this when she was with her current partner? The employment package at Channel 4 includes private health insurance, and if this doesn't include family members I think I could be extended to cover this.

Reactions: 9
THE BEANS ARE WHAT MATTERS GUYS. NOT ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME. THE BEANS. GODDIT?

Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 11.39.32.png

PS That second pair of exclamation marks = lying through gritted teeth because she knows The Eye of Tattle is watching.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I was in for MH but yeah, they used to take those in for addiction for AA meetings. There were a few a week. They also had follow up meetings they could come back for and 12 months of keeping in touch and availability to support. My initial consultation was £300. Additional therapy was £100 per session, then consultant follow ups about £150. So there was that for a few months till I got told inpatient of you're getting sectioned.

I find her so flippant about everything. It's like she views her alcoholism, anxiety, three therapists and the priory as cool. Oh, there make me so different. Not to belittle her experience, because addiction is horrid. But it seems like she collects personality traits she thinks are cool and will make a good story. And everything is exaggerated. Didn't she say she was drinking an absurd amount of units a week. She really doesn't paint herself as a capable parent at all.
Oh sorry I didn’t mean to assume you were one of us, I know the residential programs are super varied and tbh I think alcoholics are usually the minority despite the Priory’s reputation?

I think that a lot of it from the conditions to the stories stems from... a need for identification / validation and I can understand that to a degree. I see it in my own relative who does it, they can’t cope with the result of X, lets say a standard breakup, but they need others to help them get through it so the story goes from standard tinder date that fizzles out to him being a controlling psycho, like really this all happened on your two dates at pizza east? Like it’s okay to be upset He smashed and dashed (sorry to be so vulgar) and learn from that and grow but you don’t need to make up am drams for our sympathy?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It’s amazing that these hate emails are written exclusively by the girls at my early 00s secondary school, I don’t think I’ve heard anyone be called a greasy skank since 2004 (and it’s because she never washed her fringe bless her it was bad)
Classic Mean Girls babes....SO FETCH!
BDKzEClCIAA6PYE.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 28

I was honestly waiting for her to say she had EDS, it's had a lot of attention recently, I first heard about it about 10 years but only because a friend's niece was diagnosed.
EDS is also a common (self) diagnosis amongst chronic illness fakers and attention seekers. Never did keep up that massive list of illnesses and tragedies that Jack has claimed to suffer from, but it comes as no surprise that EDS has been added 🙄

Reactions: 9
I would love to know why she doesn’t encourage people to use dried haricot beans. Cheaper and yes they need soaking overnight but after that only 10 minutes on the stove.

Rinsed beans in a hurry, yes ok, but if you are in a situation where money is tight then meal planning is super helpful. And if it’s so last minute then just have the baked beans on toast?!

All she can offer are gimmicks — a little bit of meal planning and prep to genuinely help people is too boring for her.
Yes, all very good points. I would also say that for someone who isn't completely on the breadline, but wants/needs to budget carefully, a pressure cooker is fantastic at making dried pulses and grains that take a long time to cook easy - even without soaking. You can pick up stovetop ones for around 30 quid and electric ones for about 50. It's a one time expense, they last for ages and I never buy tinned pulses now.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

I am updating the list:
ADHD
Alcoholism
Anaphylaxis
Anorexia
Anxiety
Arthritis
Asthma
Autism
Depression
Ehlers-Danlos Syndome
Heart problems
Immuno-compromised
Mouth ulcers
Poor mental health
PTSD
Sexual abuse
Trauma
Weakened knees
Violence

Phew.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.