Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HarderFaster

VIP Member
I feel really uncomfortable about the comments being made regarding EDS. One of my friends has it and she is confined to a wheelchair, and I see the pain she is in on a daily basis. The illness is real. As I understand it, there are several different types of EDS, and there are very clear diagnostic tests for it. The comments taking the piss out of EDS and other illnesses such as ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia makes me really uncomfortable. I am disabled myself. No one wants to be in a bloody wheelchair, no one would choose this life. Will you be tipping people out of wheelchairs if you don't believe they are ill?

It's really hard to see this happening on the thread. Fine, you don't believe JM has EDS, but that doesn't mean everyone else is lying.
I'm really sorry reading the thread has made you feel that way. I don't think anybody's intention is to disparage the disabled or neurodiverse (in fact, loads of us have spoken openly about being diagnosed with various life-affecting conditions in the course of the threads).

However, the issue with Jack is not that she has (or claims to have) certain conditions, but the glaring inconsistencies in her accounts. I feel that most people who contribute here are generally thoughtful and liberal, and understand that lifelong conditions and chronic illnesses are often invisible and the symptoms variable. However, I strongly believe that it's actually more damaging for disabled people to have people in the public eye misrepresenting the effect of the condition and structural problems they encounter.

But I think we often forget that these are fast moving threads and not everyone has read from the start, so our intentions and agendas are not always clear. Something to think about going forward.

Reactions: 49

PennyLoafer

Chatty Member
Rinse rinse rinse your beans
Rinse them til they gleam
Marily Berrily we will be verily
Glued to the latrine

• Haha
Reactions: 47

Flumps

VIP Member
I actually love this thread.

I can also offer newborn advice since I'm going to have my third one! Mainly, you're not breaking them despite what your mum says.
When I had my daughter and I was left alone with her for the first time in hospital, I carefully and reverently placed her on the bed next to me, for a minute, while I tried to get into a more comfortable position post c-section. I had put her on her side, because she was already asleep and kind of curled into me. When I picked her up, I realised the top of her ear had gotten folded over when I put her down. I was fucking panicked. I'd been left alone with my precious, tiny baby for 5 minutes and I'D ALREADY BROKEN HER. As I stared in horror at her now deformed ear, with visions of angry people removing my baby from my care for her own good, and fear and guilt making me feel cold and hot at the same time, it popped back into its normal ear shape, and what was left of my mind had the sense to realise that in fact, ears are bendy, and I could do the exact same thing with my own ear.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

Yel

Chatty Member
"I would say to the students that graduated along with me today that whatever you go forward and do now, do it with kindness. Go fill your little worlds up with love and kindness because it really is the thing that keeps us all going"

I have no words.

This is exactly why you should never trust those that preach about being kind. They're often the most unpleasant and nasty people going.

The video has one comment 😆

Screenshot_2020-05-05-17-30-24-966_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46

PennyLoafer

Chatty Member
This is a bit pointless really but does anyone remember when Jack was making Louisa a really elaborate breakfast every morning and posting it on Twitter? It was... A LOT.

I think I saw it here on a previous thread.
You mean these monstrosities?

Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 13.06.26.png
Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 13.08.00.png
Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 13.07.08.png
Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 13.07.50.png

Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 13.06.46.png
Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 13.08.40.png
Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 13.07.25.png
Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 13.15.22.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44

Wiggy

Toasties are awesome, the ultimate quick and easy snack with as little as two ingredients.

Stress free recipes..... or some might say 'Stressifrees'

I'm off copyright it.

oh and 'mingredients'

• Haha
Reactions: 40

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Blaming Louisa again... 😐
“Look at me, I’m such a foodbank hero!!” Actually, you’re not. One of my favourite things about George Michael is how much came out after he passed about how caring and generous he was - but had stipulated to the recipients they were not to say what he’d done. I’m sure there are a lot of famous people A-list down to Z-list who do this and those people I will salute. If you have to tell people you’ve done something good, then you did it for the wrong reasons.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

NP

VIP Member
I’ve decided to be a designer shoe reviewer. Could someone send me designer shoes now?

• Haha
Reactions: 39

Fitnessqueen

VIP Member
Hello! Newbie here. I’ve been following Jack on FB and saved loads of her recipes to try but didn’t get round to it as husband does all the cooking. Thought she was amaaaazing when she sued Hatie Kokpins. Was slightly confused when she popped up in one of my make-up groups looking super glam but didn’t dwell on it. Had no idea about the JO stuff. In lockdown I told husband to take the evening off and I’d cook peach and chickpea curry. It was ”underwhelming“ to say the least although husband was polite. I then found these threads on Tattle and have lost several days 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Bellybutton lint

VIP Member
Anniversary today. 22 years. Knock on the door at 11 this morning - Waitrose (fancy eh) with a bunch of flowers and a bottle of bubbly from me old boy. Delivery guy said it was the best and nicest and easiest delivery he has done since lockdown. I was so touched I gave him a bleached (and put in plastic bag tenner). His grin lit up the world. And he blew me a kiss. Some wonderful people out there.

• Heart

PennyLoafer

Chatty Member
Two points about the breakfasts:

-she only makes pennies from affiliate links, guys - she just likes sharing nice things. Sure, Jan.
-they're all about showing what an amazing, loving, doting partner she is, the subtext being that no-one treats her in return, not even herself *sob*

Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 13.18.06.png
Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 13.19.14.png
Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 13.26.16.png

Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 13.20.41.png

We are not worthy of her greatness.

Take a deep breath before you read this:

Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 13.28.26.png

• Sick
  • Haha

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
So we know the DM thing doesn’t exist as she’s aiming it at people on Tattle - I’ve never known a celeb check a website such as Tattle as much as she does.

1. We’ve been talking about the fact she’s immunocompromised ever since she posted a picture on the ‘Gram telling us to. And how she needs to shield. So logic would say everyone would question that ....right? When she goes out and lugs paint despite having arthritis.
2. My Uncle (sorry to go on about him again), I went to visit today and had to cut up his lunch as he could hold his fork properly as his hands are so weak due to arthritis. He’s in constant pain in his hands, elbows and knees and cannot walk more than a few steps. And she’s telling me she can carry paint in a backpack a distance whilst suffering from this condition?

This is going beyond the realms of a personality who is a little bit weird. This is a person who is giving an unfair representation of illnesses to over 240,000 followers and what life is like with them. This is a person who censors who can comment on their Twitter so that it is only positive. This is a person who is narcissistic and has trapped themselves in so many lies they probably don’t know what is real and what is a lie anymore. Finally, this is a person who still has Patreon and PayPal Tips despite her followers mainly being on the breadline.

Haul me up in court Jack and I’ll say the same, you’re a liar, a narcissist probably with munchausens. You need to be held to account for all of this, and maybe it won’t be because of Tattle or your censored Twitter but karma is a wonderful thing. And when you’re 65 and really do have arthritis and people ask why you can’t backpack 18l of paint like you used to - you can explain to them why you lied when you were younger for your victim complex.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37

HarderFaster

VIP Member
Just made a toasty butty from two day old pain de campagne, camembert, cranberry and balsamic vinegar. No toaster required. Take note, JM.

IMG_20200505_195713.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Passive_Aggressive_Lemon

Well I like the breakfast bowls. Nice for a special occasion like a birthday. But I could do without all the ‘I’ve just had a scrap of crust and a sip of tepid water guv’ narrative that goes alongside them.

• Haha
  • Heart

Tabitha D

VIP Member
I’m not sure that anything of Jack’s is original to be honest. Even the tin can thing - which is supposedly her USP - has been done before, and better. Her breakthrough was 10+ years ago, but she’s not progressed. I even think the tin can thing is a bit old hat these days, when good quality fresh food is easy to source and inexpensive, if you choose the right cuts of meat and veg. (And since lockdown, tins can be difficult to access anyway.). Her food “ideas”, such as they are, haven’t progressed at all, and it’s like she thinks poor people don’t deserve to have any joy from their food (and I suspect her blue-tick followers are fans because they think poor people should be grateful for the grim joyless slop Jack serves up - obviously not having a clue themselves). For example: Here is a grim grotty dried-up chewy lasagne made with a thin milky sauce that drops to the base of the baking dish and achieves nothing! Here, rinse your beans (if saving money is the goal, why on earth not mention the benefits of cooking beans from raw?? So much cheaper.). Here, make a tasteless carroty mush (bleurgh) for breakfast, as if you are a toothless Victorian peasant who can’t chew! Don’t bother about herbs, they are for the fancy people (not for the likes of you) and all taste the same anyway! Did you use fresh bread?? FANCY!! I had to use 2-day old bread. Polenta?? Sounds a bit foreign so FANCY!! Etc. Etc. ad nauseam.

• Heart

Passive_Aggressive_Lemon

Sorry to harp back to something from a few pages ago but this thread moves fast!

That description of meeting Louisa for the first time. What struck me about it (as does most things she writes) is it is so self centred.

How she looked, what she did, how she felt, what she said. All we learn about Louisa was that she said a curt Hello.

If I were to write about a crush I could eulogise for pages about what they looked like, their mannerisms, what they’d said, how goddam perfect they are and why I fancied them! I might say how they made me feel but it would be mainly about why they made me feel a certain kind of way.

The thing with narcissistic behaviour is that it just leaks out everywhere. Even when you are trying to hide it.

• Heart