Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So in 24 hours she's gone from:

* asking Rish mate for financial support for herself because she is #ExcludedUK and loading the washing machine is tough

* backtracking, announcing she doesn't need financial support, but still tagging Rish mate to ask him for...something? Emotional support? Doggos? I don't follow UK politics too closely so I'm not sure if the current Chancellor of the Exchequer is really a "inbox me hun, my DMs are always open x" type.

* selflessly asking Rish mate to save the NHS with #JackMonroesThunderclapForCarersByJackMonroe

I feel quite teary actually. This is the most progress she's made since we started watching her!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
Jack blowing the roof off the crappy bungalow tonight “stop getting THUNDERCLAP WRONG!!”

• Haha
Reactions: 78
Oh, the delicious irony! the hashtag she founded is so frequently misinterpreted and she shall forevermore be doomed to explain it. I am HOOTING up a lung and rolling around the room of requirement, softly, gently fizzing

ETA- thanks @traumatised sideboard I just love seeing slopbot’s benign but slightly bemused little face! I’ve kept the photo of the non-existent lady though. I feel we bonded (even though she’s an AI approximation of a person)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
By the way, for anyone keeping track...

20210108_003903.jpg

2 days on: 1 like, and it's not Jack, who has been too BUSY to promote this partnership.

Money well spent, Del Monte!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
Do we think it's starting to dawn on her that the hashtag she FOUNDED might not have been particularly well thought out if she's having to explain it to literally everyone? Are we due another teary selfie with her demanding Rishi calls an immediate press conference to clear things up for the plebs?

• Haha
Reactions: 47
The ThunderClap thing is like a bad joke. If you have to explain it, it wasn't that great in the first place.

Also got to love how quickly she has jumped on this to make it hers. God forbid she let an opportunity pass before she can put her grubby fingerprints over it.

However, it is rather remarkable how quickly she has recovered from her depressive episode yesterday. If only the rest of us stuck in dark haunting holes of our depression could just retweet our way back to emotionally balanced and functioning normality.

#head.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 76
So how many weeks you think this hashtag will on for?

just this once as the praise fades- :ROFLMAO:
next week - (y)
two weeks - 😮
more than two weeks - :sick:

Looking at her likes, it's all about herself, but guess it's better than whining about not owning her own house

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 83
Thunderclap just reminds me of thundercunt and clapped... two words that describe her perfectly.

This is no different to going out and clapping and achieving duck all. Just now in a digital realm innit .

• Haha
Reactions: 54
A thundercunt is an increasingly exposed slopgibbon with almost no self-awareness and issues you wouldn't believe. In an attempt to achieve a goal at a specific time they've jumped on #ThunderclapForCarers in a call to draw as much attention to themselves as possible. About as appealing as doorstep clap.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Call me cynical but this is just a way of getting more followers. People who don’t know the lying scamming Jacko. When the begging starts we will see it but they won’t. It’s a kind of renewal.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
‘Thunderclap’ was mechanism/company that let people tweet the same thing at the same time to gain traction on social media, for campaigns and stuff. It closed a few years ago.

She’s conflated the old Thunderclap product/idea with the concept of... uh... clapping, which is why her hashtag is nonsensical and confusing to everyone. 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I’ve spent most of this afternoon wishing I could have overheard that call with her agent.

I bet she’s livid that we saw that tweet. 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I had a nose at the agents website and to be honest the Jack info is woefully out of date. I think it said she lived in west London. There was a download called “presenting” which didn’t have anything on it after the origin story.
Turns out R is also Allegra’s agent too.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.