Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been having a break from here and pop back to find another chaos. I've been saving this one for such a special occasion. Am loving psychic slopbot too @traumatised sideboard šŸ„°
27DD6C33-49C0-4001-B9CC-31B121EE2118.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 50
been lurking and reading some threads after following her for a while on Twitter and realising she's chats a lot of tit that doesn't always add up, and while I do have actual thought to input for now I just wanna say, I keep reading it as
#ThunderClan't
and it's not even funny but I find it funny and can only hope someone shares my god awful sense of humour šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
(Also hišŸ‘‹šŸ», you are all wonderfully entertaining and have provided me with some fun reading when I can't sleep)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Laura Waddell wrote this in the Scotsman, about the AP/Dave twitter debacle. She wilfully, softly, gloriously neglected to mention the smol Kofi Annan wannabe working behind the scenes to heal the rift.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Indeed. Iā€™m not at my computer at the moment but when I am, Iā€™ll do an advanced Twitter search to see if I can find where it came from first...
I searched the hashtag #ThunderclapForCarers, and aside from one bloke making a joke with the same hashtag back in May 2020, it does look like she used the hashtag "first".

However, as others on Tattle have noted, other people on Twitter mentioned the idea of canvassing MPs on this subject before she did.

I stand by what I said earlier, let's see next Thursday if she's still doing anything to do with #ThunderclapForCarers.

Prove us wrong Jack, if you can make a difference with this campaign, I'll be impressed. šŸ‘šŸ¼

Reactions: 34
You can tell sheā€™s getting annoyed that no one seems to know what her hashtag (wot she ā€œfoundedā€ šŸ™„) means. Sheā€™s never been much good at hiding her irritation.

Haven't caught up fully, just at the 'crying' selfie. Here to say I'm almost 100% sure she tweets having been drunk/under the influence of something (recreational or otherwise) and deletes upon the shameful sobering up process. From experience.
This had occurred to me too - I know she says sheā€™s sober but it would explain the lapses in judgement (and as you say the mass deleting).

Reactions: 28
MPS donā€™t give a duck about letters from people who donā€™t vote for them. My Tory MP had a fair few letters and emails from me back in the days of anti austerity. You just get a copy/ paste reply. Similarly hashtags are a bit ā€˜save 6music! In 2012!ā€™.

write your book Jack and help your poor son with his home learning!

did the daily recipe hashtag thing happen yesterday?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Just a hint, Jackie: if you have to explain the hashtag every. bleeping. time. itā€™s not a good hashtag.
Exactly this. Itā€™s like having to explain a joke - it means itā€™s just not a good joke. Very Alan Partridge though, so it is consistent of her in that sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
You can tell sheā€™s getting annoyed that no one seems to know what her hashtag (wot she ā€œfoundedā€ šŸ™„) means. Sheā€™s never been much good at hiding her irritation.

This had occurred to me too - I know she says sheā€™s sober but it would explain the lapses in judgement (and as you say the mass deleting).
For some reason I don't think so...I think it is a proper rage...unable to control her feelings. I did not even believe that she relapsed... something off in the tone when she 'confessed', very calculating...she does not look as if she drinks at the moment...not that I could be very sure with her facetuned pics.
In the past you could, despite her young age (she is still young) tell she was on the booze...red ish and spongey face and puffy skin under her eyes was a bit of a giveaway. Also breaking the rule to comment on her looks but this time bc I really don't think she drinks.

I am going to bed with Slopbot's motto: 'Frauen dance the tango when they taste our mango'.
Mel Donte could only dream of the recipes and slogans.
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜†

Now get to absolute fu**, Hausfrauen !

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I expect her agent is happy that Jack took all mention of cooking/ cookbooks out of her Twitter bio, I bet she advised Jack to spend 12 hours arguing about the nuances of a hashtag. I wonder how many cookbook recipes got forensically made yesterday.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I think it was a rage too, it wasnā€™t over emotional, over sharing or out of control (as drinking tends to lead to) it may not have seemed calculated at the time, but it was. Tagging Rishi in? Adding the trending hashtag #excludeduk it was a massive attention seeking rage. She probably got a call that the Express wonā€™t be using her again for the foreseeable, or lost some other self-promoting work and then Hamburgler cycled away to work. Probably having to do more parenting given the circumstances she blurted out all over Twitter. It was just a tantrum of epic proportions I believe.

Reactions: 46
Thanks to insomnia Iā€™ve grunked! Couple of points...

If BB isnā€™t Louisa, itā€™s quite the coincidence that BB is also an avid cyclist, the same age and works in tv. What are the odds!?

I am all for an NHS pay rise - I have several friends who are working on the frontline and Iā€™ve never seen them so utterly exhausted. However, Jack was hardly careful and didnā€™t Caitlin Moran break lockdown rules in lockdown 1 at least? Or am I making that up?

Reactions: 45
Caitlin has a thread from her lockdown breach...
Yes many key workers are urging the public to show their support by following the bloody rules, would make their jobs much easier right away...

• Sad
Reactions: 38
Caitlin has a thread from her lockdown breach...
Yes many key workers are urging the public to show their support by following the bloody rules, would make their jobs much easier right away...
I thought so. Itā€™s amazing isnā€™t it? To be so hypocritical.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Ways to support the NHS:

- pay your tax and NI (and on time!)
- stay inside except for essentials (eg asda dad chat)
- no unnecessary hospital visits (for black eyes)
- always vote (eg in brexit referendum)

- WASH YOUR HANDS!

(does Jack ever wear a mask? I canā€™t remember a mask selfie?)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 69
Ways to support the NHS:

- pay your tax and NI (and on time!)
- stay inside except for essentials (eg asda dad chat)
- no unnecessary hospital visits (for black eyes)
- always vote (eg in brexit referendum)

- WASH YOUR HANDS!

(does Jack ever wear a mask? I canā€™t remember a mask selfie?)
I remember a mask selfie many months ago. Not sure if it was for the epic and vital paint collecting saga, but around that time anyway. She is now so evangelical about following rules - but she was the bleeping idiot scampering around Southend on Boxing Day to numerous chip shops whilst still moaning about Covid symptoms. And having lengthy conversations with her family in the aisles of Asda.
I was looking at the NHS wage increase thing - the figure mentioned seems to be 15%. I know I will be seen as a right miserable bastard but how is this feasible? Is it suggested for all NHS staff? A lot of people are on very good wages - up around the 100k mark - would it apply to them too?

Reactions: 28
I remember a mask selfie many months ago. Not sure if it was for the epic and vital paint collecting saga, but around that time anyway. She is now so evangelical about following rules - but she was the bleeping idiot scampering around Southend on Boxing Day to numerous chip shops whilst still moaning about Covid symptoms. And having lengthy conversations with her family in the aisles of Asda.
I was looking at the NHS wage increase thing - the figure mentioned seems to be 15%. I know I will be seen as a right miserable bastard but how is this feasible? Is it suggested for all NHS staff? A lot of people are on very good wages - up around the 100k mark - would it apply to them too?
The issue in education was that they froze pay for years- I think similar in NHS, so you got to the top of your scale after 10 years or so, and couldnā€™t earn any more, despite cost of living increasing. Same with pensions getting mangled- I stated paying into a final salary scheme as a newly qualified teacher that turned out to be an unsustainable government ponzi, where they pay the boomers who retired at 50 out of current contributions.

Austerity is bogus. There is enough money if itā€™s not tied up with the super rich in buying nuclear war heads and unusable PPE off your mates. There should be a pay review for all public sector workers.

I left the Labour Party over austerity. Then we eventually left the UK due to underfunding in my job (education) and my husbandā€™s (social care).

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk. Donā€™t forget to vote (pls donā€™t spoil your ballot like Jack).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
For the person in the last thread who compared the woman off 24 hours in police to our jack. Sorry I cant find you

But yes.

It would not surprise me if a wheelchair selfie made it's way to the timeline this weekend slipped on papers left lying around by head of channel 4 news louisa Compton Brexit tin thief covid spreader and now apparently sponges off Jack

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.