Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'll give the hashtag 2 more days max. The chattering classes will clap in their own ways ("Oh jolly, a new hashtag, let's get on board, that is suuuuch a good initiative, lovely thing to do, it could really change something") and then they are off ordering crap on the internet.

Reactions: 32
@NP I hate to pull a Jack and claim I invented everything but Monrollercoaster initially came from me after her Zoe Eccentricity chaos and now we've got another Twitter handle-change chaos! Plus ça change... 😏
Sorry, dear heart ❤ When I searched it came up with Switchstreetz’s post. You’re a bloody ledge too. Please accept this delicious corned beef as an apology for my mistake.

43C7AE3E-D3CC-44B1-9E89-3346862C07EE.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
Also the crying picture...Jesus in a trifle...I am finally saying the sentence I want to say every time but that I have been saving for special occasions, which this one obvs is: she has reached a new low. Not that my case is representative or anything but when I am desperate and have a cry (in front of people very very rarely and only in front of close friends) I do not look anything like this. And I could NOT imagine being in a high powered job having an ex like her who I still choose to bubble with and who posts these kind of pictures. What is going on there???

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Well this day certainly happened quickly- I’m a bit slow to the party but can see that she’s already updated her Twitter and laid claim as the founder of this hashtag. - has she really stolen it from someone else? Are there receipts? I did see @Silver Linings post further upthread calling her shameless and with a squiggle posting the exact same tweet, but it was a bit unclear as to who sent what first. Or am I missing something? God, if so then she is the devil - completely outrageous.
And it’s so strange seeing how excited she is about a bleeping hashtag, it as if she’s already seeing front page spreads and instant fame and wealth - what a world we live in. And so much for doing it to help others.
God she’s horrible, just bleeping horrible. The worst kind of person.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
The thunderclap confusion is #suppernanny all over again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I think I saw something that was “hey, MP” I mean, really. That’ll get their attention. A lot of my relatives are “important “ and for a start you have to get through the secretary, or nowadays the social media manager. Twitter sounds just like it’s called. Singing into the air.

Reactions: 31
Still laughing at this... FOUNDER OF A HASHTAG.
She’s a FOUNDER of a HASHTAG.

9E67E635-F780-4F61-883B-F2C3EACA6F3B.jpeg

Brilliant, just utterly brilliant. Slacktivism at its finest. 😂

Although, being serious for a moment, the idea behind it is more or less solid. The actual hashtag itself is shite, and as I said above conflates the old ‘Thunderclap’ social media activism platform and ‘clapping for carers’ so it doesn’t make much sense to those not in the know.

It’s just galling that she’s going to use this (recycled/stolen, not massively groundbreaking, not particularly well thought-out) ‘activism’ to pump up her already inflated ego. Most of the useful features like Hey MP has been created and suggested by other people.

Given how much airtime she spent to correcting people using the hashtag incorrectly and posting fawning tweets to blue tickers, I smell an ego exercise rather than actually trying to achieve something useful.

Let’s see how this one develops, taking bets on whether this is all long forgotten by this time next week... 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I smell an ego exercise rather than actually trying to achieve something useful.
Surely this is clear by her updating of her profile and laying claim to ownership of a hashtag, no?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Surely this is clear by her updating of her profile and laying claim to ownership of a hashtag, no?
Indeed. I’m not at my computer at the moment but when I am, I’ll do an advanced Twitter search to see if I can find where it came from first...

Reactions: 25
I had a nose at the agents website and to be honest the Jack info is woefully out of date. I think it said she lived in west London. There was a download called “presenting” which didn’t have anything on it after the origin story.
Turns out R is also Allegra’s agent too.
I had a mooch lost week. Her agent doesn't seem to keep on top of updating her artists biogs which to say she is quite a known agent seems v odd. Maybe allegra asked if she would represent jack too.

Reactions: 23
Obv glued to the Trump goings-on on Twitter and someone has just posted his diagram of “dark triad” personality traits and I was like... “Jack Monroe, dat u???”

6B5CA3B1-BD28-4EE2-9267-EAA2F7BCC19F.jpeg

In seriousness, we joke about her being a demon, and some people clearly use these traits to do far, far worse than Jack but... she literally ticks every one of these boxes.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Hey fraus-long time no see! I’ve missed loads but that selfie & this sodding hashtag popped up on Twitter so I’ve just been catching up with Jack’s tit. Not performative eh-she’s already mentioned in the evening standard as the creator 🙄
Another way to raise her profile now that Marcus has made her irrelevant. Of course she’ll probably earn off the back of this but of course she’ll donate money made directly off the back of this to charities supporting the NHS won’t she? 😬

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Yeah agents are funny things. You can get the kind of agent who “keeps things ticking over” or the Svengali figure who cane “make you a star”. And I think R is more of a literary agent. I mean let’s face it, if Jack wanted to be a presenter on the telly box she would need to convince a telly agent to take her on. And what kind of doofus would do that? 15% of nothing is, well, nothing. And Jack wouldn’t need to create Merry hell on twatter about THAT MAN, her agent could ask for a “quick chat” and explain -tv commissioning -television companies -brand management and point out these plus the fact she can’t present, are the reasons she isn’t on tv.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Fair play to Mackie, I couldn’t GAF about 8pm Thursdays before, but I’m excited for next week now to see if she remembers.
ETA- @AdultHumanFemale love the avatar 🤣😥
Haha!
Place your bets on how many weeks she’ll promote it then suddenly she’ll be ‘sadly too busy’. Also odds on how many weeks before she gets crappy about it all, goes into a victim spiral and blames everybody else for it fizzling out because we not dedicated enough and she’s not here too ‘hold everyone’s hand fgs’.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
You're not the founder. Other people came up with the idea and you copied and pasted. # WaitWhat!ThatWasMyIdea
Just heard Jack and Clap mentioned on Times radio. They also called her a chef. We're all doomed! 🤪
Laura Waddell Laura Waddell Laura Waddell did she appear yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Haha!
Place your bets on how many weeks she’ll promote it then suddenly she’ll be ‘sadly too busy’. Also odds on how many weeks before she gets crappy about it all, goes into a victim spiral and blames everybody else for it fizzling out because we not dedicated enough and she’s not here too ‘hold everyone’s hand fgs’.
It does have the feel of something that will fizzle out, especially if people don't understand. She will be unbearable for days...apart from the 12 hours when she's asleep of course. 😴 Must be a good Covid day today.

Also, don't know if this has already been mentioned, but isn't a thunderclap just a massive fart? Or something even more rude. I obviously read too much Viz in my youth.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I would really be interested what Laura Waddell of the Scotsman would make of it...

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.