Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love how we all said literally yesterday that she wasn't using her platform for good and makes it all about her.....as if by magic.... 😏🙄

Okay then Jack, let's see what this does. I'm putting all of my chips on 'nothing'.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I thought she was bleeping knackered and full of the covid!? When someone asks her if she’s alright and she says noooo and does the ringing in sick voice despite being mid-chaos I always think of Denise Royle when she’s hungover and forgets she’s supposed to have a migraine

Also lol that she’s having to explain it cos she’s used a hashtag too similar to the original

• Haha
Reactions: 71
I think the clapping was well-intentioned at the start and it did give people a boost when countries first went into lockdown. However as clap for carers went on here I found it more and more just an empty gesture and would get annoyed about how people would try and out-do each other. People would forget social distancing cavorting about with a drum on the street or something daft. Then there was all those people who crowded onto the bridges in London to celebrate it. Apparently hospitals had spikes at a & e after clap for carers because of people doing daft things.

I also think that at the beginning everyone had some adrenaline to get through everything, being locked up was a new weird experience we needed help with and we imagined this being this 'we'll put our all into it and get this sorted and it'll be fine soon.'

Nobody has any adrenaline anymore. We all know this is not going to be over any time soon. Add into the fact that it doesn't matter how much I clap if the government makes decisions to routinely fail everyone. We opened up too early to eradicate it in the spring and track and trace had too many problems. We allowed international travel and didn't properly quarantine people coming from abroad. We locked down too late in November. We didn't lockdown hard enough in November. We came out of lockdown too early in December. London didn't get put in a strict enough tier after lockdown. They shouldn't have promised anything for Christmas from the start. The government's appalling management has resulted in too many public being dismissive of self-isolation, of complying with track trace, of quaranting themselves etc.

Clapping is just a charade now.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Jeepers creepers, she is unbearable. Always got to be sticking her oar in somewhere. Leave it out, Jack. Why don't you go and get seven slops a-simmerin' instead of pretending to be a force for good on the internet?

Hooting at the important information we've gleaned from Psychic Slopbot. They don't give a column to just anyone at The Daily Eggspress, you know.

@HotesTilaire of course, dear heart. I will miss your beautiful woman who doesn't exist though.

@Emmapism 😘

@NP I hate to pull a Jack and claim I invented everything but Monrollercoaster initially came from me after her Zoe Eccentricity chaos and now we've got another Twitter handle-change chaos! Plus ça change... 😏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Fond memories of the DKL days when Jack would aggressively patrol the hashtag being a bleep to anyone with the most innocuous critique.

Just a hint, Jackie: if you have to explain the hashtag every. bleeping. time. it’s not a good hashtag. Nobody who isn’t on Twitter for their entire 16 hour working day knows what the duck a thunderclap is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 99
She's not going to sleep any time soon is she? School starts at 9! She *needs* her 12 hours, I thought...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
To me Thunderclap just sounds like a mutated STD, Jack putting that shes the founder of thunderclap in her bio doesn't make me think good things.

Anyway let's be honest Jack's got no staying power or commitment she'll have moved onto something newer and shinier by next Thursday

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Covid19 superspreader who went to A&E with fake black eye during a pandemic? Is that the one who founded Thundercrap?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
So is she going to spend all night retweeting her definition of "thunderclap" to keep herself relevant?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Oooft I dare someone to tell Jack that there's another trending hashtag #cashnotclaps that might be better suited and less confusing than her effort? Of course, she'd have to relinquish her 'founder' status... but if it's all about the action and outcome then surely she won't mind? 😇

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.