Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can imagine she's frantically rolling out her square patterned wallpaper and has all her colouring in pens on the floor around her ready to "collate the data". How many lever arch files will she fill??

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Gutted that Gina Martin, who as far as I can tell does actual productive activism (upskirting law) has been sucked in by Jack. I was willing to give her a bit of the benefit of the doubt re #, but it would have to translate into actual activities as well (which I can't see happening) and not fade out into nothingness. As for changing her bio, deep sigh. Can't she do anything without being performative? It's so embarrassing. It's a HASHTAG, not a bleeping charitable foundation.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
This whole thing is wild. Clapping started out as a spontaneous gesture early in Spanish lockdown (then became an annoying daily thing, but as we had a stricter lockdown than other European countries, options for fun were limited), and videos were widely shared internationally, so first it's mad that the UK version apparently had a founder and organiser etc...

...but Jack jumping onboard is a hilarious, desperate display of ego. Literally here the very first time it happened - and it really was very heartfelt and touching in the beginning - healthcare workers said, "thanks, we appreciate that, but please be aware that we have insufficient equipment and many of us are dying." There were Spanish memes about voting not clapping before the UK even started clapping the first time, and I'm pretty sure the UK had similar not long after, so this take is colder than a bowl of bacon porridge that's spent an hour being photographed on the porch floor.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
Since when has a thunderclap ever done anything except clutter up people's feeds so much that you end up muting everything that includes the tag?

Obviously angling to get herself a spot on daytime TV to talk about herself it.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I hope she gets media attention for this. More likely her lies will be exposed!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Gutted that Gina Martin, who as far as I can tell does actual productive activism (upskirting law) has been sucked in by Jack. I was willing to give her a bit of the benefit of the doubt re #, but it would have to translate into actual activities as well (which I can't see happening) and not fade out into nothingness. As for changing her bio, deep sigh. Can't she do anything without being performative? It's so embarrassing. It's a HASHTAG, not a bleeping charitable foundation.
I agree with all of the above. And yeah, I was thinking we’re going to have to brace ourselves for people we like getting sucked into this 😭
Sorry to hear that about Gina. Jack....

07996155-87DC-4688-B453-2236994A916F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
@kachoochoo have you updated your list yet to include Thunderc*nt Thursdays?

why not? might put it in as thunderclap tho, just in case I send it elsewhere again! I'm a tiny smol girl of only 36 and my dad doesn't know that I know such rude words! 🥴

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
This whole thing is wild. Clapping started out as a spontaneous gesture early in Spanish lockdown (then became an annoying daily thing, but as we had a stricter lockdown than other European countries, options for fun were limited), and videos were widely shared internationally, so first it's mad that the UK version apparently had a founder and organiser etc...

...but Jack jumping onboard is a hilarious, desperate display of ego. Literally here the very first time it happened - and it really was very heartfelt and touching in the beginning - healthcare workers said, "thanks, we appreciate that, but please be aware that we have insufficient equipment and many of us are dying." There were Spanish memes about voting not clapping before the UK even started clapping the first time, and I'm pretty sure the UK had similar not long after, so this take is colder than a bowl of bacon porridge that's spent an hour being photographed on the porch floor.
I’m glad you said this, I remember a Spanish family member telling me about the clapping at the very beginning and thinking it was so lovely. So when I see this woman mentioned as the founder or creator of Clap for Carers TM it all sounds a bit of a reach.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
What does that first tweet actually mean? Collecting into, stats, stories, etc on what exactly...? Clapping rates by borough? Stories of great clapping parties? Like what is the end goal here? Bizarre, she’s really not very smart is she :(
I night send her a letter saying we didn't do it, and won't be doing it in future. But as she has post from 8 years ago still waiting to be opened I doubt she would even read it

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Going back to Del Monte. I had a look at Del Monte Europe's facebook page and it's really very bad. I mean very, very, very crappy. If you scroll back to July (yes, I did have better things to do but I got sucked in) there is some interminable football themed nonsense - a World Cup of anthropomorphised Del Monte products representing different countries. They asked their followers to name these characters and one woman in particular (initials M.H) came up with such terrible names. It really tickled me, I was hooting and had to hold on to one of my many sideboards to stop myself actually falling over laughing.

Just read the comments under this one -

• Haha
Reactions: 18
This is aspirational living, people! To pull oneself up by the bootstraps and go from this:

Screenshot 2021-01-07 at 22.19.40.png

to this!

Screenshot 2021-01-07 at 22.20.03.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 91
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.