Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In all fairness to her, I think the thunderclap for carers thing isn't a bad idea and certainly not the worst use of her Twitter following. Maybe that was what the agent suggested?

• Wow
Reactions: 15
she's slagging off Stacy Solomon again? What's she got against her?!

I don't have anything to add to everyone's brilliant anger and humour about the ridiculous last 24 hours in Jackworld but I will return to the 'excluded UK' thing just for a minute as I am still so confused about the Caroline situation. Why can't she WFH? If furloughed, why is Jack paying for that? If freelance, why is she paying her a salary at all? I am still so baffled by this. There's obviously a lie of omission somewhere but it's one that Jack keeps returning to so I'm intrigued

Reactions: 38
I mean encouraging people to contact their representatives is pretty solidly a good thing and just on the face of it a lot better than telling her fairly uniformly not poor followers how to use up their extra artichoke hearts and quinoa or whatever

Reactions: 24
Not quite. A book advance is an advance on royalties, so if the book sells 20k copies and her royalty is 50p a book, she gets nothing for the first 14k copies sold, those 50ps go to her publisher to repay the advance. She would only get another £3k from the last 6k copies to be sold and then it could be anything up to 6 months after the sales are made, because royalties are usually paid twice a year in arrears, plus any unsold copies returned from bookshops will probably be minused off it, depending on her contract. In other words, it's £10k in total, not £7k plus another £10k.

EDIT: This may be what you meant and I've misread it, apologies if so x
Maybe I’m being a brat but I wouldn’t write a book for £7k or even £10k. Not worth the time 🤷🏻‍♀️ If it was going to take around 9 months I think I’d want at least double (more like treble) otherwise I may as well get a job I can leave behind at the end of the day.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

I don't have anything to add to everyone's brilliant anger and humour about the ridiculous last 24 hours in Jackworld but I will return to the 'excluded UK' thing just for a minute as I am still so confused about the Caroline situation. Why can't she WFH? If furloughed, why is Jack paying for that? If freelance, why is she paying her a salary at all? I am still so baffled by this. There's obviously a lie of omission somewhere but it's one that Jack keeps returning to so I'm intrigued
She was slagging off Stacey Dooley before. Must just have something against Staceys.

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Just speculation on my part but I think Caroline QUIT in March and Jack is lying about her employment status

• Wow
Reactions: 30

She's jealous of Stacey Solomon for being successful.

The Caroline furlough thing is just bizarre. I can only assume Caroline has obtained footage of Jack preparing edible tasty food and is threatening to destroy her slopgibbon image by releasing it, so Jack is buying her silence.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
So slightly lost but whose idea was the thunderclap for carers? I’m reading her Twitter thread on it and she seems to be claiming it as hers?
I can't recall and can't seem to find the tweets now but someone was definitely tweeting about it yesterday and it was gaining quite a bit of traction. Now Jack, in time-honoured tradition, has elbowed her way into the conversation and seems to be claiming the idea as her own (or, at the very least, basking in the praise without putting people straight about someone else coming up with the idea - also classic Jack).

ETA - I don't think the original poster was using the thunderclap hashtag, so *technically* she hasn't appropriated it, just the exact same idea...

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Maybe I’m being a brat but I wouldn’t write a book for £7k or even £10k. Not worth the time 🤷🏻‍♀️ If it was going to take around 9 months I think I’d want at least double (more like treble) otherwise I may as well get a job I can leave behind at the end of the day.
She should simply write better books to earn more money.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I mean encouraging people to contact their representatives is pretty solidly a good thing and just on the face of it a lot better than telling her fairly uniformly not poor followers how to use up their extra artichoke hearts and quinoa or whatever
Yes but she has said she has mates in politics, why doesn't she get her mates to bring this up more, give her mates the information she has gathered and get into parliament that way. It would probably work faster and better than people shaking their fists at rishi or whoever, even if he did take heed he needs to take it to parliament. She could do the leg work and hurry it up.

Reactions: 20
Stacey Solomon seems like a genuinely sweet person. Maybe that's what Jackie has against her....😳
Eee!!! Slopbot is wearing a fabulous mystic meg syrup!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Yes but she has said she has mates in politics, why doesn't she get her mates to bring this up more, give her mates the information she has gathered and get into parliament that way. It would probably work faster and better than people shaking their fists at rishi or whoever, even if he did take heed he needs to take it to parliament. She could do the leg work and hurry it up.

Oof bad formatting. How do other fraus add gifs?
Mod edit: You select gifs from the drop down menu at the top of the text box, and keep to a minimum!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.