Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a quick newspapers flick a d so far her only mention is in the evening standard all the rest are talking about people out just clapping them.

She's not front page and only a small paragraph at the bottom.

She's below Kim and Kayne West.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Apologies if this has been asked before (am 20 pages behind) but is this a hashtag dreamed up by her, or has she pinched it?
As far as I know she's the one who started the hashtag itself, but various Twitter users had been suggesting that people email their MPs at 8pm for at least a day beforehand (including while she was throwing herself a pity party all over both Twitter and Insta).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Hopefully they’re getting a takeaway in to celebrate her Twitter glory, Louisa Compton must have forgotten what a solid feels like

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
I love how she wasn't a founder of #jackmonroeslockdownlarder or #lockdownlarder because this hasn't attracted many blue tickers. The selfish tactics she's used during this pandemic to try and boost her profile is a bit sickening really...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
As far as I know she's the one who started the hashtag itself, but various Twitter users had been suggesting that people email their MPs at 8pm for at least a day beforehand (including while she was throwing herself a pity party all over both Twitter and Insta).
Yep I found this in a reply to Caroline Lucas.

FA8ED558-3772-464F-BC7F-D84D7F605051.jpeg

On the Squiggle’s (or Blocky in this case) page, they posted this yesterday.

1E97A736-1153-4880-B188-EBA3E4B6C81D.jpeg

Blocky doesn’t appear to be the originator but it just shows that it wasn’t Jackie’s idea either.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 62
I’ve never participated in the Clap for Carers, I found the whole thing abhorrent. Instead, I sent some goodies to a nurse friend to share with nurses on his ward and send some care packages to some friends that were struggling - far more worthwhile than clapping on my doorstep for all of my smug looking neighbours to approve of.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
There is no bleeping way Rish Mate and BoJo are going to give frontline essential keyworkers like me and others a pay rise on the back of a “Look at me, I’m fab me” Twitter campaign launched by a terrible cook with a massive ego.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Erm carers are underpaid since the government privatised care. Key workers work for private industry. Some heavy confidence in the Tory government during a double dip recession in a global pandemic to start lobbying industry to pay higher wages 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.