Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She keeps saying she is running a business. Well if that business doesn't provide enough profit, then the business isn't viable and should be wound up. Free from the work/stress/worry of running a business, and no longer encumbered by the need to make a profit, she would have plenty of time to get a proper job. Nobody is forcing her to keep a business running that is not viable.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Iā€™ve said this before & Iā€™ll say it again - in the context of solidly comfortable people (this is not an express column I promise x) you should not be taking this cash unless you need to. Eg your premises are closed, youā€™re worried about cash flow, you have debtors likely to default, you have several staff so want a contingency, etc etc. Weā€™d have been entitled to the bounce back loans and some other shite but we did not meet the criteria for NEED so we didnā€™t take it? This isnā€™t virtue signalling or praise be arenā€™t I a good taxpayer, itā€™s being aware of what this government are like and if all the greedy ltd director goblins they put first eat up all the cash good luck to poor kids / nurses / etc. Sheā€™s a head and her big Tory background shows through day after day.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
View attachment 375351View attachment 375353View attachment 375354

View attachment 375360View attachment 375361View attachment 375364
The nerve of her to use the hashtag and the account of people who have received NOTHING for ten months, and filed their bloody tax returns on time.
I thought Jack worked through her limited compamy, and paid herself the a 'living wage'. Doesn't that mean she wouldn't be eligible for seiss.

And I thought the aa was an employee not a subcontactor? And why is she legally obliged to pay her? MAKE IT MAKE SENSE.

Reactions: 38
By Jack's own account she's had more work than loads have this year so why should she be entitled to a grant? Multiple TV and webisode appearances, magazine and newspaper articles, Patreon and a two big corporate sponsors. And still she wants more??

• Heart
Reactions: 54
"otherwise I would own my own house and not be killing myself working to my bones"
Don't most people work hard to pay their rent if they don't own their houses? It just shows the level of her understanding about owning a house, and what that entails. She really does come across as a bit thick.

Here's a tip that may make you realise your aim of home ownership quicker. Rent a smaller property that is more suitable for a single mum of one, rent and associated bills will be less expensive. Put the money aside that you have saved by renting a cheaper property. Get a mortgage like most people that buy a home.
I missed that in my fury. it's so insulting to those of us who rent. I'm older than her and I'm giving up hope of ever having a mortgaged "forever home"

she's just interested in filling her tipjar via emotional tweets like that

• Heart
Reactions: 60
@BlendedSlop thank you for the reminder we are in need of lolz
But nobody is asking her to discuss Louisa's finances, they are saying it isn't right for anyone to be freeloading off her when she hasn't got enough for herself (allegedly). Everyone should pay their way in life, Louisa is not an exception. If Jack is pleading poverty and expecting people to put into her tip jar, why is she allowing someone else to sponge off her?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
This is also a lie. You get 'invited' to apply for SEISS. You get an email and there is a note when you log into your account with HMRC. The form you fill in takes 2 minutes. They know how much you've earned and what you can claim for before you even apply. All you do is confirm that you have had a loss of earnings due to Covid for the specified period and agree to keep evidence to show HMRC that you've earned less and why you've earned less. There is no way to apply multiple times and be rejected. If you've gone through the process, you know what I'm talking about. There isn't a way to apply at all unless you fulfil the criteria of having filed your tax returns from 2018-19 (and the two tax years prior if you've been self employed then).

Screenshot_20210106-205311_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
Hi all,

Well tonight's absolute bullshit has caused me to delurk. Just have to echo everyone's sentiments about JM working herself to the bone.

My sister is a Primary Head and she told me last night she's just done the hardest two days of her career. The new term has only just started and she's already at her absolute wits end trying to hold it all together for everyone. Everyone from all walks of life are struggling so much at the moment but of course JM has it worse. She is a vacuous nonentity chancer and I can't believe more people don't see it

• Heart
Reactions: 96
I think sheā€™s spinning the narrative that people contact her sponsors so that she can use it as an angle in libel that it had cost her work.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
She just thinks itā€™s free cash. Furlough is meant for businesses who are impacted by Covid to the extent that thereā€™s not enough work (or no work) for the employees to do. For example, a hairdressers which had to close. That simply doesnā€™t apply to Jack and her admin- Jackā€™s had plenty of work this year.
I suppose Caroline will have some sort of employment contract with Jackā€™s company. Thatā€™s not the same as being freelance. (Maybe itā€™s zero hours? šŸ¤”)

• Heart
Reactions: 45
But but you admit youā€™re working! Youā€™re ā€˜in a good work bitā€™ so why would you need the support you bleeping idiot. Jesus bleeping Christ in a manger. Sheā€™s got them thinking sheā€™s in need of emergency help here again šŸ˜”
And, it seems Iike years ago, but I think it was about 4 weeks, after she was called 'difficult to work wwith' she was going on about the huge amount of work she had lined up.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
This is also a lie. You get 'invited' to apply for SEISS. You get an email and there is a note when you log into your account with HMRC. The form you fill in takes 2 minutes. They know how much you've earned and what you can claim for before you even apply. All you do is confirm that you have had a loss of earnings due to Covid for the specified period and agree to keep evidence to show HMRC that you've earned less and why you've earned less. There is no way to apply multiple times and be rejected. If you've gone through the process, you know what I'm talking about. There isn't a way to apply at all unless you fulfil the criteria of having filed your tax returns from 2018-19 (and the two tax years prior if you've been self employed then).

View attachment 375503
Thank you for the facts, I may be imagining this but I could have sworn there was an extension for self assessment because of this that Martin Lewis tweeting about? It may have been for a later tax year / completely irrelevant so apologies it so.

Reactions: 21
Right Iā€™ve got a stress headache and itā€™s the end of the world so

Ok confession time. For weeks I thought grandpa Jack was really tall for some reason! (spoiler, nope, sheā€™s just falling onto Charlie, a ā€œsmolā€ boy).
Hope your head feels better soon Alan, before JM starts offering up home made chemical free remedies.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.