Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Furloughed FREELANCER admin.."
Blimey!
But it's total bollocks - she *clams* to be paying her in full yet hasn't considered using her for any work even though, clearly, a lot of her job could be done from home. As always it doesn't add up and has the smell of bullshit all over it..

Reactions: 38
I haven’t been following much because I’ve been finding thing a bit tough the last few days and needed some time away from the internet but I heard that Caroline has hands. Can anyone confirm whether this is indeed the case?
She’s not very ‘hands on’

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Can't believe she hasn't given us her hot takes on what's going on on Capitol Hill yet. #forensic #scathing

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
It’s a boring but interesting point.
Her company has 2 employees. Based on pure speculation I’d say it was Caroline Admin, possibly PR Vix? Or would it be usual to employ yourself in your company?
If Caroline is an employee then she isn’t truly freelance, she probably just has extremely flexible days/hours and Jack is misusing the word.
Who’s been contacting the sponsors? Own up. Oh, not anyone here.
I think Jack would be the other employee of the company. (I have a friend who is a freelance translator - she runs it as a company and she is the sole employee).
So what is Jack up to, I wonder? Either she’s a self-employed individual or she’s an employee of her own company, surely? The two are not the same from a tax or employment law perspective. Does she genuinely not know? It all sounds very disordered. And potentially a bit dodgy, if she’s not careful.
And why does she moan about submitting a late tax return (and blame this on ADHD 🙄). First of all: them’s the rules. You don’t get a special dispensation just because you’re Jack. And secondly: doesn’t she have an accountant? (The ex-Sunday school teacher). Isn’t it their job to deal with that side of things?
It’s all a bit opaque.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
we're all suffering in some way! you do not have the monopoly on misery, mate!

God, I know it's said multiple times per thread but SHE'S INSUFFERABLE!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
A bit of attempted light relief as she seems be rinsing quite a few of our beans this evening

Screenshot_20210106_203616.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
I haven’t been following much because I’ve been finding thing a bit tough the last few days and needed some time away from the internet but I heard that Caroline has hands. Can anyone confirm whether this is indeed the case?
I can confirm, after a lengthy stealth operation and forensic assessment of the evidence, that yes, Caroline has hands.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
"otherwise I would own my own house and not be killing myself working to my bones"
Don't most people work hard to pay their rent if they don't own their houses? It just shows the level of her understanding about owning a house, and what that entails. She really does come across as a bit thick.

Here's a tip that may make you realise your aim of home ownership quicker. Rent a smaller property that is more suitable for a single mum of one, rent and associated bills will be less expensive. Put the money aside that you have saved by renting a cheaper property. Get a mortgage like most people that buy a home.

• Heart
Reactions: 94
"Killing myself, working to my bones".

Is that intended to be humour? Go and tell a nurse, shop assistant, police officer, warehouse operative paramedic, care worker, refuse worker, outreach worker, doctor, security guard, bus driver, train driver, transport worker, sewerage worker, delivery driver and any of the other people who have got up and put themselves at risk throughout this pandemic to keep things going. There are folk on minimum wage getting on public transport everyday to go and do their job putting themselves and their families at risk from picking up Covid and that lying, lazy no talent rolls about at home all day claiming to be worked to the bone. Her job contributes nothing to society and that's fine, lots of jobs are nice to have but wouldn't really be missed in the grand scheme of things beyond the tax they contribute. However she continually presents herself as providing a service and in some way helping people. She's lazy, grifting middle class trash with a gross sense of entitlement and literally nothing to offer beyond being a laughable clown.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 117
But it's total bollocks - she *clams* to be paying her in full yet hasn't considered using her for any work even though, clearly, a lot of her job could be done from home. As always it doesn't add up and has the smell of bullshit all over it..
If Jack is managing without her she should make her redundant, harsh but what’s happened to a lot of people. The work is there and can be done from home she doesn’t need to be paying someone to not do it. She’s an idiot I don’t get why people don’t advise her better. She uses words incorrectly - like ‘freelance’ and then kicks off when people say things to her based on that misuse of language. She’s exhausting

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Working herself to the bones tweeting bullshit all day. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Love it when a squiggle slowly, gently, carefully starts putting 2 and 2 together.

Screenshot_20210106-204738_Chrome.jpg

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.