Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are far more learned fraus than me in this area but surely you don’t pay furlough yourself, isn’t that the whole point? If you are paying her why isn’t she working? There is plenty of work to be done.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Hang on, you're not legally obligated to pay freelancers if you're not asking them to do any work for you, are you? There's kind of a clue in the name, they're not employees.

Or have I got it wrong and I'm missing a trick with my own work?? Sure my clients will be delighted to receive invoices for all the months I haven't done any work for them!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Did she actually have the nerve to say that she’s quite “zen” and laid back in real life?
But what about all the howling and screeching she tells us she does? The dropping to the floor wailing in front of her son? She’s talked about how she has a terrible temper. She threatened to take an axe to a “for sale” sign.
She wrote an article a few years ago in which she describes meeting Ed MillIiband in 2013 at a party conference and it ends “I shouted at him: full-on, temper-lost shouting” (WTF).
She is about as far from “zen” as it’s possible to get.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
I can’t stand how she ascribes herself a job title based on carrying out one associated action.
I’ve just flushed the loo, am I the Head of Facilities Management? CEO of waste disposal?

Expert in bloody everything except transparency

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Screenshot_20210106-201435__01.jpg

She's so disingenuous. She didn't miss a tax return 'one year' which makes it sound like she missed one in 1993 and has filed perfectly ever since. She missed 18/19 from which a reasonable conclusion as to earnings could be drawn.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
I didn't think that SEISS applied if you were a ltd business? Isn't that a separate thing?

ETA: Jack Monroe runs her business as a ltd company, right? Therefore she cannot claim. None of this taxes filed late bollocks, she actually can't claim. I know others in the same boat. They all earn much more than I do.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
"Furloughed FREELANCER admin.."
Blimey!
I haven’t been following much because I’ve been finding thing a bit tough the last few days and needed some time away from the internet but I heard that Caroline has hands. Can anyone confirm whether this is indeed the case?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
View attachment 375351View attachment 375353View attachment 375354

View attachment 375360View attachment 375361View attachment 375364
The nerve of her to use the hashtag and the account of people who have received NOTHING for ten months, and filed their bloody tax returns on time.
Um no Jack. Just no.
It is not because you filed a late tax return, it is because you have worked constantly through 2020.
In fact, you have actually done quite well out of Covid and have profited from the pandemic because it opened up work opportunities for you.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 67
It’s a boring but interesting point.
Her company has 2 employees. Based on pure speculation I’d say it was Caroline Admin, possibly PR Vix? Or would it be usual to employ yourself in your company?
If Caroline is an employee then she isn’t truly freelance, she probably just has extremely flexible days/hours and Jack is misusing the word.
Who’s been contacting the sponsors? Own up. Oh, not anyone here.

Reactions: 27
Just catching up.

1. She's throwing the pity party to end all others, isn't she? We're all struggling. It's tit. But as usual, St Jack has it so much worse than everyone else, with her big expensive house, Patreon money and wealthy housemate (who appears to blink in and out of existence to suit whatever narrative's being pushed on a given day).

2. All this banging on about being a single parent when a) she's referred to SB's "amazing" dad as her co-parent numerous times, and b) he's 10 and usually pretty content to sit quietly and read/do his own thing, based on stuff she's said in the past. It's not like she's caring for three under 5s.

3. If she restricted herself to no more than half an hour of Twitter time a day, she'd have finished her bleeping book by now and wouldn't be angling for yet another deadline extension.

4. Her admin shouldn't still be furloughed as there's clearly work to be done, given how BUSY Jack is.

5. Making your own peanut butter seems like a waste of time and energy when a) you're still suffering from Long Short Covid, and b) you're just going to put it in a sodding pot noodle anyway.

6. Why does her peanut butter look alive?

7. Absolutely get fucked x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
But but you admit you’re working! You’re ‘in a good work bit’ so why would you need the support you bleeping idiot. Jesus bleeping Christ in a manger. She’s got them thinking she’s in need of emergency help here again 😡
And THIS.

I claimed the third grant in December. You know why? Because I am not working! No articles in the Express for me. No cheeky trips to Manchester with GQ. No bleeping BOOK DEAL. This woman is something else. Fucks saaaaaaaaaaaake.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.