Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do we think the salary from DKL might have been? I have no idea - the 23k she keeps mentioning or more?

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I rent and I've never felt even remotely bad about it, but honestly, the way Jack and her followers go on about it is starting to make me think I'm a hair's breadth from living in a cardboard box. It really, really shows how middle class you are when rented accommodation is seen as so awful.

20210107_002921.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
She could get a working from home job though. After all she has experience as script editor, recipe tester, floor manager, educator, social media manager....

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Yes! I'm classed as an essential worker, got my letter, and I work in a flipping library! (📐) I'll be dancing in heels tomorrow on my first day back.
I just deleted that post of mine cos I felt like a twit like I hadn’t thought of people working in shops who I very much do see as key workers. She’s got me so cross it was the way she’s tried to make things sound so much worse for her personally she should leave her ex out of it! My role I can WFH so being a ‘key worker’ quickly became a ridiculous concept

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I wish I worked in entertainment telly and not documentaries so I could hazard a guess. But has to be thousands of pounds. Wouldn't be less than that.

• Wow
Reactions: 36
Yesterday she was a cheeky chipmunk posting cheery crappy recipes, today she's a big ol teary ball of misery. What dafuq happened? Not enough attention?

COCK.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I just wanted to celebrate the return of Bodybuilding Jack (show us your guns, Jack) but she's only gone and done another bloody chaos. I long for the simpler times of 4 hours and 45 minutes ago.

That crying selfie is excruciating, unprecedented levels of cringe. I cringed myself tighter and tighter into an ever smaller ball until I breeched the cringe singularity and now I am stuck somewhere around 2005. Send help.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
She could get a working from home job though. After all she has experience as script editor, recipe tester, floor manager, educator, social media manager....
Yes I imagine a lot of big brands would really appreciate Jacks input into their social media

"Hi, this is Tim at Virgin Media, no complaints today because I've got a hole the size of a 50p piece in my face #PrayForOuchyTim"

"Oooops we @Scotrail have done a chaos. Soz if you're stranded so to pass the time what's your favourite breakfast cereal?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
@Alansbigplate yes!!! I'm totally happy to go in to the library, on the bus, but... I'm in no way essential, and I'm grateful for the bus driver who'll take me there, the Greggs people where I'll get lunch etc. They are way more at risk and important in the...cogs. ..than my role.
God she's ridiculous

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I should be offended by her acting like a 23k salary is a pittance.
I’m older than her, work harder than her (not that that says much LOL), and despite 🔺working for Big Admin, earn less than her. But it doesn’t get to me.
I‘ve had times when it’s all got a bit much (who hasn’t), I swear I’ve got so much more that I could complain about than her (again, who hasn’t).
But honestly, I’ve got so much love in my life, friends, family, that sometimes feel like I’m the luckiest woman alive. It’s cheesy but I don’t care, it’s true.
Jack you might as well be a millionaire but I know that me, and all the other “ghouls” here have so much more perspective, empathy and humour than you’ll ever understand. Now duck off! X

ETA. I bleeping RENT too! And I’m that unbothered by it I literally forgot! 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
@Alansbigplate yes!!! I'm totally happy to go in to the library, on the bus, but... I'm in no way essential, and I'm grateful for the bus driver who'll take me there, the Greggs people where I'll get lunch etc. They are way more at risk and important in the...cogs. ..than my role.
God she's ridiculous
Early doors work made us ask school for a key worker child’s place (before we all knew ^looks around at dumpster fire^ about all this) and later in the year I emailed the head and apologised, I was so embarrassed!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Oh @Sideboard Bob , that's it, exactly. So wonderfully put

Bedtime....gotta get up early to put my hair in a bun and pop on some tweed and my attention seeking spex in readiness for the library

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Alan I hope you’re ok. She wound the canal right up tonight. I’d love to send you a gift of chocolate mousse, or a marker pen or other gift of equivalent value. Will PayPal it to [email protected]

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Hope she carries on with this ridiculousness. What a ballbag, posting selfies of herself fake-crying. Hope she continues until someone, anyone who will write up a report on the absolute farce of her recent covid related bollocks she's been spouting, notices

Reactions: 39
Splinter-gate happened the night that it was announced Biden had won the election, obv things have kicked off this evening so possibly BB is working late/through the night.

BB not there = a chaos

• Wow
Reactions: 52
Splinter-gate happened the night that it was announced Biden had won the election, obv things have kicked off this evening so possibly BB is working late/through the night.

BB not there = a chaos
Was that only 2 months ago?? Wow.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Should she not offer the money back to the person that donated it to her if she doesn’t need it?!?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 67
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.