Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't stay away. She makes 10k minimum just from Patreon. So her royalties from books ,her 5 figure hellmann's deal, her various articles, GQ , DKL and Del Monte come to 13k? How? How??????
Yes! Also absolute tosh that she doesn't get dividends. I suggest that it's closer to the truth that she doesn't draw down those dividends. Not the same thing AT ALL.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
More private info spaffed out into the world. I never thought i’d say it but I feel sorry for Rishi Sunak, trying to be a proper minister and being copied into this rubbish. Also THERE IS NO CHILDCARE BUBBLE.
This is almost as bad as when Ralph Little ended up tagged in her tweets!

Seriously thought, I’ve just caught up on the news from America*. bleeping hell Jack. Really?
@NomDeGuerre nailed it- “trying to out-chaos an actual coup attempt in America”.

(*yep, got my finger on the pulse here 🥴)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Thank you!!!! I thought this immediately but lack the technical capabilities/can't be arsed.

This 23K lark straight off the back of her patronising tweets to the single mum in temporary accommodation who just wants to be a teaching assistant.... £23K is at least one book advance (£7K) more than I earn as a TA and nearly double what some TAs take home. It's only just less than a newly qualified teacher and if you think you work 16 hour days now Jack you should give teaching a go.

I really REALLY am baffled at someone with 290 thousand followers posting a crying selfie. Is it some kind of batshit influencer tactic? Mortified.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
Surely it's not only 23k a year. She'd have only a couple of hundred pounds left after rent and bills for food/clothes/essentials

Not sure if anyone else has said this but one thing that really bugs me is that she pays herself. She's not living on a pittance, she's paying herself a pittance.

ETA - Obviously 23k is NOT a pittance, I just mean in regard to jack obvs
She’s suggesting that’s all she does have left. And it’s working people are sending her cash

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Has she said SB’s dad is a key worker before? Cos I thought he worked at Greggs. I may have missed something.
I thought he worked at Greggs too. But I also think that, in Jack-speak, if Greggs is open during lockdown and he's at work, that = key worker.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
She's so upset in that crying selfie that she's forgotten to chisel up her jawline with Facetune 🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Surely it's not only 23k a year. She'd have only a couple of hundred pounds left after rent and bills for food/clothes/essentials

Not sure if anyone else has said this but one thing that really bugs me is that she pays herself. She's not living on a pittance, she's paying herself a pittance.

ETA - Obviously 23k is NOT a pittance, I just mean in regard to jack obvs
£23,000 is definitely a pittance to Jack. She’s never forgotten her days of living the high life with (multi-millionaire) Allegra, and thinks this is her due.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
duck off Jack, just duck right off.

My husband has lost all work again with this lockdown..thank god for universal credit or we'd be done for.

You are doing very well financially ...stop the bleeping pity party and start drawing down some of the stash you have tucked away . Or am sure Mummy and Daddy could find a room or two in that five bedroom luxury you grew up in.

Then again I doubt they'd want you back.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I thought I was done for the night at my last post but then more chaos ensued!

She has said she pays herself the living wage for 40 hours per week. I think the living wage in London is £10.75. For 40 hours per week x 52 weeks is £22,360.

As far as I am aware, that living wage figure is before tax. So even if she is paying herself that amount, she has probably already taken into account her tax (or not..) so is already better off than a Londoner on the living wage.

The selfie.. Holy moly. What is the matter with her. Perhaps she was jelly of the Angry People in Local Papers talk and wanted to start her own sad version.

In more amusing updates, I said to Mr IW "unopened post from 2013? If you're not going to open it just throw it in the bin".. and IW Junior heard and said "if you're not going to open it, put it in the bin. Or hang it on the wall like a picture" 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
There is SO much to unpack with her tweets today.

I am seriously hung up on the fact she’s bleeping clueless about bubbles. SBs Dad is his DAD, he’s allowed to go there and it’s not a bleeping bubble, Jack. You can have a separate childcare bubble too. bleeping hell, how thick is she?!

Also, that selfie. I am cringing 😬 what was she thinking?! 😂😂😂

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.