Jack Monroe #126 Dangling her fl*ps over a Cotswold sideboard like none of it matters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They were trying not to be rude though, it sounded like the squiggle was genuinely trying to understand the appeal of something they don't get, rather than insulting her.
Nah, it’s really passive aggressive and faux innocent. “Gosh, I really loathe and despise tattoos and just can’t imagine why anyone would defile their bodies in this way. Please explain why on earth you like them and think they look good?”

Clearly, people get tattoos because they want to and it’s no more difficult to understand than that.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Yes.
Probably because a family member has text her saying 'what bleeping scars?'
or something like that...
‘Scarring and other injuries’ doesn’t make sense either. Like you can tattoo over a scar, yes... but what other injuries could be tattooed over? Splinter? Black eye?

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Nah, it’s really passive aggressive and faux innocent. “Gosh, I really loathe and despise tattoos and just can’t imagine why anyone would defile their bodies in this way. Please explain why on earth you like them and think they look good?”

Clearly, people get tattoos because they want to and it’s no more difficult to understand than that.
Especially with the "it's your right to do this" part. Thank you, o great squiggle, for your generous permission. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Yes.
Probably because a family member has text her saying 'what bleeping scars?'
or something like that...
Yes, but but but, why the need to delete, she kept it deliberately vague..surely OTHER people also need to cover their scars! (Which, to my not very extensive knowledge, is not the main reason people get tatoos but rather bc they like them)

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I was born in 1986, and I know nothing about Counting Crows. Are they the "they paved paradise and put up a parking lot" ones? I once saw a CD of theirs at my cousin's house. He was 9 years older than me.

Jack was born in 1988. Why does she have the musical tastes of someone so much older? Be honest Jack, you spent your teens listening to So Solid Crew I got 21 sideboards to go...
#thread title ! I got 21 sideboards to go...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I'm so behind and need to grunk but I've just been for a walk and came up with a far too early thread title suggestion:

Jack Monroe #127: Counting Crows and mounting woes

(Ignore me if it's already been suggested or is rubbish!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Me too. She’s another vegan when it suits which is hardly ever.
When Big Brother first started, showing my age here, she used to write a hilarious column on each episode in the Radio Times, proper laugh out loud funny. I’ve not felt she has reached the same heights as a Food Critic , only my opinion of course.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
When Big Brother first started, showing my age here, she used to write a hilarious column on each episode in the Radio Times, proper laugh out loud funny. I’ve not felt she has reached the same heights as a Food Critic , only my opinion of course.
When the BIg Brother with Jade Goody was on, I used to read a forum like this all day as they had a live feed that people would watch obsessivelyI think. I used to look at it once the kids were working, I once called a girl Jade when telling her off because I wasn’t concentrating.

Back to work for me tomorrow, plan to try to do some actual work.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
‘Scarring and other injuries’ doesn’t make sense either. Like you can tattoo over a scar, yes... but what other injuries could be tattooed over? Splinter? Black eye?
I am no tattoo expert, but from watching tattoo fixers, I understood that it was difficult to tattoo over scars?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I am no tattoo expert, but from watching tattoo fixers, I understood that it was difficult to tattoo over scars?
I had a close look at some of her photos the last time she alluded to self harm scars and her legs and arms looked very smooth and unblemished, I think she’s lying again.

Reactions: 27
I am a Frau who is unashamed to admit I only know Counting Crows because of the film Shrek
I thought this too but Mr IW is now playing some of their songs and turns out I know quite a few. Not sure how or why 😂

This is odd too. So she wasn't nervously looking forward to her wedding? Or actually meeting Marcus? Is she being pass agg to Louisa Compton Brexit Tin Thief again?

20210102_131529.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.