Jack Monroe #126 Dangling her fl*ps over a Cotswold sideboard like none of it matters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She does yoga with that Adrienne bastard on YouTube on the TV while I shout abuse at Adrienne.
"duck off with pushing your heart into the bleeping earth."
So this was the next step.

I'm another person who isn't a fan. My NHS physio appointments (long awaited) consisted of a phone call telling me to watch her videos on YouTube. So I watched. And promptly swore profusely at her for starting a yoga session ostensibly for people with neck and back pain with high speed neck rolls. I got to about 20 seconds in before I called her a simpering bleep and slammed the lid down as a result. Since then I've made a point of telling the Rheumatolody department when they ask how my physio went that with the greatest of respect for the current situation, telling me to watch a video on YouTube that is entirely inappropriate and likely to be dangerous for anybody, not just people with EDS/Spondyloarthropathy/neck instability to emulate when I already do yoga, pilates and barre and have told them so wasn't anything like their usual exceptional standards of care.

I do wonder just how many bleeping millions Adrienne makes out of it though - at least Joe Wicks, annoying knob that he is, donated the dosh from lockdown.

Mod edit: This is not an Adrienne or Joe Wicks thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I think it's quite common to admire the pop culture of the generation just above you. When I was at secondary school everyone had Nirvana t shirts. We'd have been barely out of nappies when Nevermind was released.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I just don’t understand the dirty nail thing, it’s not hard to keep your nails clean if you wash regularly is it?
I actually felt a bit paranoid about it so bought a lovely wood & bamboo nail brush that looks nice sat in the bathroom next to the soap & lotion and I have encouraged the whole household to use it. Not that I have noticed any dirty nails on any of them but with Covid times I thought it can’t hurt!
I'm going to confess something dreadful - my nails occasionally resemble JMs (and these threads have made me much more paranoid about scrubbing them!) Hopefully fellow long-haired brunette Fraus will understand... Batiste's Dark Brown dry shampoo is a life-saver, but you absolutely can't absent-mindedly twiddle your locks or scratch your head when you've used it! 🙈

Not that Jack can use that excuse, with her famously patchy, falling-out-in-clumps, scanty locks though...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
How classic Jack to like Counting Crows, who are a bland MOR American band, and she thinks it’s cool and edgy.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Amazing how Grace Dent is on Saturday Kitchen talking about the link between childhood food and memory and being working class in the 80s without launching into a list of every single food she has ever consumed a la Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
:p
1609586085411.png

Amazing how Grace Dent is on Saturday Kitchen talking about the link between childhood food and memory and being working class in the 80s without launching into a list of every single food she has ever consumed a la Jack.

Find it hard to warm to GD - not sure why. Someone else on the periphery of the food industry gained an interesting recent follower. Partager le bœuf?

1609584678530.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I was born in 1986, and I know nothing about Counting Crows. Are they the "they paved paradise and put up a parking lot" ones? I once saw a CD of theirs at my cousin's house. He was 9 years older than me.

Jack was born in 1988. Why does she have the musical tastes of someone so much older? Be honest Jack, you spent your teens listening to So Solid Crew! I got 21 sideboards to go...
Joni Mitchell sang that song first!

Counting Crows reminds me of that scene in the simpsons when marge is asked what genre of music she likes

'crap rock?' 'no' 'wuss rock?' 'yeah that's it!'

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I think it's quite common to admire the pop culture of the generation just above you. When I was at secondary school everyone had Nirvana t shirts. We'd have been barely out of nappies when Nevermind was released.
I think it is with huge names like Nirvana, 2Pac, whatever...Counting Crows though? I find it weird, like I knew lots of people my age who listened to Oasis in the 2000s, not so many listening to Ocean Colour Scene or Menswear, you know?

Mod edit: It can be agreed that music taste is subjective. Time to move on.

• Wow
Did Counting Crows do Too Hot to Handle or am I getting confused. I only remember them because the singer always seemed to have celeb girlfriends like Jennifer Aniston /Courtney Cox !
I do like a bit of Colourblind by Darius 😎

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I’m
View attachment 367804
Sideboard note -the amount of stuff she has...the plates encroaching into the picture, stuff spilling over the edge of shelves, the partly-opened drawer, and what looks like a saucepan handle coming over the top of the Cotswolds... it makes me nervous.
She is such a knob. How long must it have taken to pose and take that picture?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Did Counting Crows do Too Hot to Handle or am I getting confused. I only remember them because the singer always seemed to have celeb girlfriends like Jennifer Aniston /Courtney Cox !
I do like a bit of Colourblind by Darius 😎
That was the Black Crows x

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’m

She is such a knob. How long must it have taken to pose and take that picture?
It's the whole thought process you know went into it that makes it so cringy. Choosing her location, getting the perfect shot, anticipating all the comments she'll get, arggh

• Sick
Crows? Pigeons? Gloves as birds? It’s all gone a bit avian around here...

But note, none of these birds have traaazers!

Happy birthday @MancBee , I wish you a happy year with no Paxo-based soup anywhere near you!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Happy birthday 🥳 @MancBee

Mod edit: All - can we please post any further birthday messages in Food and Drink.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.