Jack Monroe #121 Fahrenheit 106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aren’t most of the BBC Good Food recipes developed by their team of home economists? Probably the same team of home economists (or at least their colleagues) who would be testing her crappy chicken dinner recipes for The Fascist Express, prepping her ingredients ahead of her TV appearances, and sorting out her “here’s one I made earlier” to make her inedible slop look as presentable as possible?

My initial thought was that she’s mad but I now realise that it’s sheer arrogance: in her mind she’s better than any home economist, multi-Michelin-starred chef, food stylist or photographer. Only her recipes, or those of blue tickers who engage with her, or her Dad’s shite packet mix trifle are worth anything. duck anyone else’s ideas, time, or hard work.

Good luck with those Del Monte TV promo gigs in 2021, Jack...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
If I have time later on, I might identify all the trifles she's screenshotted and find out who came up with the recipes. It would be good to see which cooks she's decided to slag off.
I just searched 'trifle' on Google Images, and a lot of the pics have been lifted from the first page (never knowingly overworked).

I've started to put names to trifles (what has become of me), but I'm away to buy some Kahlua so will have to report back later.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Interesting that this miraculous recovery comes the day after it was mooted on here that she'd simply been copying all Louisa's Covid symptoms...

• Haha
Oh good, Jack's proper trifle :rolleyes:

Bottom layer - bathroom sponges soaked in Del Monte pineapple juice
Fruit layer - no energy to open a Del Monte can cause of the 'Rona, so peach slices fished out of a curry
Custard layer - Birds powder and instant mash
Topping - tears and recrimination over not being invited onto Saturday Kitchen

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 60
So. It’s Christmas Eve. Some crazy percentage of the UK is under lockdown, Brexit, the ports, people are miserable. She’s famously sickly and was scared of covid despite scampering all over the country but finally got it, and according to her she was really poorly. So how does she act when she’s feeling better? Slags people off, laughs at her own jokes, ‘shops her selfies and is pedantic with strangers on the internet.

Happy Christmas, Jack. You’re a cow.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 73
Oh good, Jack's proper trifle :rolleyes:

Bottom layer - bathroom sponges soaked in Del Monte pineapple juice
Fruit layer - no energy to open a Del Monte can cause of the 'Rona, so peach slices fished out of a curry
Custard layer - Birds powder and instant mash
Topping - tears and recrimination over not being invited onto Saturday Kitchen
This is both genius and disgusting. Brava.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I've never liked trifle because of it's lack of texture. Jack's probably outraged as these recipes contain a crunch element and she only makes slop 😂

It's definitely not a sacred dish in the UK because a trifle is quite dated...
I love trifle, but mine has no jelly in it, lots of cake, fruit, booze. A good layer of custard and lots of whipped double cream

It's not considered dated where I live.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I love trifle, but mine has no jelly in it, lots of cake, fruit, booze. A good layer of custard and lots of whipped double cream

that sounds lovely! My mum made a really nice baileys trifle a couple of years back, also with no jelly

• Heart
Reactions: 21

I've always considered it an old fashioned pud. "Dated" might have been a bit harsh because I know everyone still has it and it's always being revamped, but it's definitely not just a "classic trifle" anymore which is what Jack wants because people don't still live in the 80s.

Reactions: 21
Interesting that this miraculous recovery comes the day after it was mooted on here that she'd simply been copying all Louisa's Covid symptoms...
I also reckon she couldn't bear the thought of missing out on Christmas tweeting. I'm sure there'll be everything - sadfishing about how difficult it is for her this year, humblebragging that she whipped up the bestest christmas meal EVER despite the rona, multiple retweets of her horrible lard menu, smol ickle pixie selfies in her christmas jammies (John Lewis), some sort of convoluted, not-quite-illegal-but-taking-the-piss bubble arrangement with her family, and many MANY tedious opinions on the 'correct' Christmas foods. Joy to the bleeping world 😑

• Haha
  • Heart
Those hashtags! She can't even tag her own father without making him just a planet in her orbit:. "Papajack". Eeedeuuuurrrrggghh

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.