Jack Monroe #121 Fahrenheit 106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s whipping up interest in trifle so that she can produce pics of the World’s best trifle featuring Del Monte tinned fruit. The not-so SB will exclaim that it’s the BEST EVER trifle since Papajack’s best ever Birds Trifle.

There was a big debate on SM a few years ago about jelly in trifle. Was Mom involved? She doesn’t put jelly in her trifles.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
*whispers* we have a packet of birds in the cupboard... our fave though is the 30p savers one with the tiny strawberries in the jelly 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 24
BUT THAT'S JUST A NORMAL TRIFLE??? It's a normal traditional trifle from a box, versus fancy trifles adapted to bring the dessert to the modern age. I'm sure his trifle is fine but not being whatsit if I was offered regular birds trifle or one of the delicious fancy ones in those images I'd 100% try one of them.

God I got out of bed literally half an hour ago and I already need a lie down

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I take it she is going to mention SB on Christmas day? Together with some mention of how he managed while she was so ill?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
My dad used to make trifle. He used those kind of weird trifle biscuits that I never see anymore, do you know the ones I mean? They were eclair-shaped and were kind of hard, but they soaked up all the trifle juice.
ETA - no jelly, but custard and fruit and cream. Also sherry which I hated.
Ladyfingers?! I used to buy 50 packs of those and eat them all in a row. my mum would get so mad.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I'm not a fan of trifle but some of those she was slagging off looked really nice? I look forward to seeing her version, with her "beloved canned fruit" no doubt (#ad).

And that "sponge cake in a glass" looks a damn sight more appetising than her last offerings in a glass, lest we forget. Tinned carrot oats anyone?

IMG_20181017_145526_316-scaled.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Ladyfingers?! I used to buy 50 packs of those and eat them all in a row. my mum would get so mad.
I don’t usually mention thread titles but I would love it if the new thread was just called Ladyfingers 😂 I don’t know why.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I don’t usually mention thread titles but I would love it if the new thread was just called Ladyfingers 😂 I don’t know why.
Next food and drink thread title? (I always think of okra when I think of ladyfingers).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.