Jack Monroe #121 Fahrenheit 106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unfortunately this is so very true. Many clinic al medication trials dont take women into account. It took me 20 years.to get a diagnosis and I have friends struggling and fighting for a diagnosis still, with GPs dismissing their pain as stress.

True.
Yes stress is what I was initially told which I really can't believe. Fibromyalgia came up as well but that is just what they say when they don't know. Its incredibly frustrating 😔

Could be an injection site for those plumpest, plumpy pumped lips. 💋
Yes I thought so too. Her lips stood out immediately. She is getting on for a trout pout here.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
So in this article she says she has moved five times since she became unemployed and her son has moved eight times. But I thought the Poverty happened as soon as he was born? Or did he move three times without her?
She's counting sleepovers at friends houses as moves.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
So in this article she says she has moved five times since she became unemployed and her son has moved eight times. But I thought the Poverty happened as soon as he was born? Or did he move three times without her?
She lived with her parents, she lived in her executive apartment and somewhere else? so presumably she moved 3 times before he was born in her tender 22 years. Then after he was born and the mat leave ended and she was due to work the employment ended and The Poverty happened.

Reactions: 17
Twitter comments with a follow up on the kitten comment from the gushing squiggle.
20201222_224148.jpg

Also minor mention on Del Monte EU Insta.
Screenshot_20201222-224022_Instagram.jpg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Christ, that article. Leaving aside the fact that she's comparing her temporary break from a comfortable middle class background to sell lightbulbs in Southend for a few months to the lifelong inescapable poverty and precarious living situations of many women in Tanzania, tell me, dear heart - how can something be both ripped and immaculate? She loves to shoehorn in a furniture description. It also wouldn't be a Jack article without someone responding to her quietly. Maybe her hearing's just ruined.

I like to imagine all she hears in her head is that episode of The Simpsons where Bart is going around banging saucepans and shouting 'I AM SO GREAT, I AM SO GREAT, EVERYBODY LOVES ME, I AM SO GREAT'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
New to this thread, have been Grunking (did I use that right?) all day. Love the mince pie toastie experiment posted earlier, truly a hero of our times and your sacrifice has not gone unnoticed. Please can someone make her Xmas dinner (all of the trimmings) and report back to us? I would do it but thankfully I'm veggie so that's my excuse.

PS have made her beetroot burgers before and I do like them 🤫

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Mr D's gigged with him a lot.
Been a long time lurker on this thread (absolutely love it, you’re all so thoughtful and un-trolly, and Jack reminds me of my sister and is a car crash I can’t look away from.) But I can’t believe it’s references to Kunt and the Gang which are making me poke my head above the parapet, wondering whether we might all be able to 🔺 each other...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
View attachment 356784
Just use this thread Jack :rolleyes: no need to reinvent the wheel in a sad effort to up your engagement.
Please correct me if I am wrong.. but she didn't know this person before, did she? I thought somebody tagged her into his campaign and then suddenly her books were being given away too. So again, probably trying to stay "in" with him because it makes her look good. (It doesn't).

Reactions: 20
Please could someone explain this interaction to me? What has Jack done/claimed, and what is Squiggle confronting her about?
JM is in a paid partnership with del monte. She's pushing the brand in her Xmas recipes without declaring the advertising element. Del monte have donated £10k to magic breakfast and possibly another £10k plus donation of tinned goods. Jack is getting hailed as the saviour of the poor for getting del monte to put their hands in their pockets, where in reality, for £20k and some cost price stock, they are getting their brand shoehorned into recipes by someone with 290k followers on twitter. JM is also getting paid by del monte as brand ambassador.
Squiggles think she's doing it out of the goodness of her heart, and jm often omits to correct their assumptions, but it's a paid partnership and both Monroe and del monte are doing it to further their own agendas.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
Oh, Jack’s Scottish cousin. Of course 😂
So far we've got Jackie, Vinny, Hattie (the breakdown magazine)...we just need one more and they can start up a barbershop quartet singing about cattos
Jack will also play the piano accompaniment, naturally.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.