Jack Monroe #121 Fahrenheit 106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Before I forget, in one of the articles shared, Jack mentions not being able to afford where they live as it is 37 x their income. So I divided 600,000 (I remember someone mentioned this as the market value of the bungalow) by 37 and got £16000 as her annual income. When the rent is £2000 (therefore more than their claimed income), someone needs.to do their figures better.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
Unfortunately this is so very true. Many clinic al medication trials dont take women into account. It took me 20 years.to get a diagnosis and I have friends struggling and fighting for a diagnosis still, with GPs dismissing their pain as stress.
I think I vaguely recall after the tap/fake black eye that We did discuss Jack possibly being drunk. She certainly tweeted about a brief relapse not too long after the fuss died down. She claimed at the time that she felt extra sleepy after the 'fall' and her poor son had to watch her while she slept in case she stopped breathing. We speculated that nap was actually her sleeping it off.

Also really good point regarding women's pain being misdiagnosed or not taken seriously. There is growing evidence to show that women experience pain differently, are more prone to certain types of pain and conditions. And doctors of both genders are guilty of not taking them seriously. We really have to fight to get anywhere. Not to make it all about me but I have been suffering from an undiagnosed neural condition that brings daily pain since early 2019. It took a year and three Gp changes to access pain relief and due to Covid there has been a delay in further investigation (scans/x rays). There were times when I thought I must be imagining it as there is no visible injury or misalignment. At times it is limiting, debilitating and has affected my mental health. The reality for many women like me is constant anxiety, repeated GP visits and living with pain without diagnosis or support. Even a diagnosis would be amazing. If I knew what it was I could access accurate treatment. Anyway enough about me. Jack choosing conditions that are difficult to prove makes it harder for other people to be taken seriously. She also presents an unrealistic, unrelatable of her so called conditions because she can shop around for private healthcare whereas the rest of us plebs are limited by whatever the NHS can offer and of course the health postcode lottery. She is so harmful to so many causes.
True.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
I wonder if Jack has ever made a personal donation to charity out of her own funds? It’s a fair question. She likes to give the impression that she does lots for charity, but it’s all a bit “smoke and mirrors”.
For example, all those cookbooks which she “donated” to food banks were paid for in full by members of the public (and that money went into Jack’s pocket).
This latest £10,000 donation by Del Monte again she appears to be taking credit for. But she’s not donating herself - and incidentally couldn’t a major multi-national like Del Monte find a bit more than £10,000? It’s small change to them (especially given that it’ll probably be tax deductible so will in reality cost them even less).

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I wonder if Jack has ever made a personal donation to charity out of her own funds? It’s a fair question. She likes to give the impression that she does lots for charity, but it’s all a bit “smoke and mirrors”.
For example, all those cookbooks which she “donated” to food banks were paid for in full by members of the public (and that money went into Jack’s pocket).
This latest £10,000 donation by Del Monte again she appears to be taking credit for. But she’s not donating herself - and incidentally couldn’t a major multi-national like Del Monte find a bit more than £10,000? It’s small change to them (especially given that it’ll probably be tax deductible so will in reality cost them even less).
Smoke and mirrors indeed, she never corrects people when they get the wrong impression and give her the praise and thanks that are deserved elsewhere. She's so bloody sly.

Reactions: 40
Someone a bit further back was asking about Jack’s infamous trip to Tanzania. Here’s the article she wrote about it.

It starts: “She is 24 years old, a single mother to a two-year-old girl. She lost her job in 2012 and has moved house at least four times since. Unable to find work, she is living in a friend’s bedroom in a shared house, borrowing food from neighbours. Her name is Irene and she lives in Tanzania but her story feels immediately familiar to me.”

And the rest of it is pretty much all about Jack. 🙄

And she even cropped the mother of the Tanzanian child out of the photo for Instagram (she just had to get that obligatory “white saviour with black child” pic!). 🙄

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
What point was that Tanzania article trying to make? South end is as bad as Tanzania? Single mothers in Tanzania are ok coz its only like Southend? Oxfam need to have a word with themselves.

Reactions: 33
The covid selfie. Calling it ‘The rona’. Claiming to have a 100000000 degree temperature. Claiming to have been neurotic about catching it /basically shielding when skipping up and down the full length of the United Kingdom and popping out every day for ‘essential paint’ from wilkos.

edit to add: wish we could nominate the fraus as the true hero’s of the year.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Before I forget, in one of the articles shared, Jack mentions not being able to afford where they live as it is 37 x their income. So I divided 600,000 (I remember someone mentioned this as the market value of the bungalow) by 37 and got £16000 as her annual income. When the rent is £2000 (therefore more than their claimed income), someone needs.to do their figures better.
Yeah. Pretty sure by "income" she just means the living wage that she chooses to pay herself, as opposed to her earnings that she splashes out on luxuries, hoards in the bank or spends on rent. She is a greedy sheister.

• Angry
Reactions: 45
So in this article she says she has moved five times since she became unemployed and her son has moved eight times. But I thought the Poverty happened as soon as he was born? Or did he move three times without her?

Someone a bit further back was asking about Jack’s infamous trip to Tanzania. Here’s the article she wrote about it.

It starts: “She is 24 years old, a single mother to a two-year-old girl. She lost her job in 2012 and has moved house at least four times since. Unable to find work, she is living in a friend’s bedroom in a shared house, borrowing food from neighbours. Her name is Irene and she lives in Tanzania but her story feels immediately familiar to me.”

And the rest of it is pretty much all about Jack. 🙄

And she even cropped the mother of the Tanzanian child out of the photo for Instagram (she just had to get that obligatory “white saviour with black child” pic!). 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.