Jack Monroe #121 Fahrenheit 106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
JM is in a paid partnership with del monte. She's pushing the brand in her Xmas recipes without declaring the advertising element. Del monte have donated £10k to magic breakfast and possibly another £10k plus donation of tinned goods. Jack is getting hailed as the saviour of the poor for getting del monte to put their hands in their pockets, where in reality, for £20k and some cost price stock, they are getting their brand shoehorned into recipes by someone with 290k followers on twitter. JM is also getting paid by del monte as brand ambassador.
Squiggles think she's doing it out of the goodness of her heart, and jm often omits to correct their assumptions, but it's a paid partnership and both Monroe and del monte are doing it to further their own agendas.
And Del Monte are effectively paying peanuts, given their resources. Jack could’ve got a lot more out of them for “her” causes.

Reactions: 31
I think Hellmann’s made a donation to Trussell Trust (but they have supported them for a few years so I don’t know if this was really down to Jack).

Reactions: 26
I think Hellmann’s made a donation to Trussell Trust (but they have supported them for a few years so I don’t know if this was really down to Jack).
What about those vests she was promoting? See - it didnt work I dont even remember the name of the company. But then I dont clock vest companies cos I wear old t shirts instead

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Del Monte Europe is not following Jack on Instagram or Twitter. They expect to be promoted on her social media. Don't you think they would monitor it?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I always found tinned fruit to be very high in sugar, more so than its natural counterparts. I would have personally liked it more if she had tried to promote children recieving fresh fruit and veg at a cheaper price then it's sugary over processed counterparts, especially now as due to Corona Tesco's and the like have done away with the free fruit part of their campaign to prevent spread. Understandable but it's shame as for some children it might be one of the few times they get a fresh orange etc.

I know tinned food is her niche but I wish she would fight harder to make actual nice fresh foods more affordable to the very poor.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Seeing as the main cause she supports is her own bank balance, I have no doubt that her corporate overlords are helping...

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
To be honest on this count I won't slate her. Kids are getting free breakfasts. I dislike her with my heart and soul and she is no way as selfless as she pretends to be BUT kids are getting fed because of a condition of her brand partnership, so that's a good thing. I know she's making a buck too and acting like Mother Teresa but just focusing on the kids 😂

I am laughing at the idea that Jack thinks there are so many out there wondering how she is. Her followers had probably been enjoying a blissful silence up until now then Benjamin Button pops up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
‘Mum’ cooked spaghetti in beetroot juice with fat cloves of garlic yesterday evening... . She used the cooking liquid only once though.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
‘Mum’ cooked spaghetti in beetroot juice with fat cloves of garlic yesterday evening... . She used the cooking liquid only once though.
I was watching it with Mr WT last night. I said “look at Mom there, getting all up Jack’s niche” and he just looked at me like ‘WTF’ and said “What are you on about - are you tripping balls?”

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
"Mate all I care about is that kids get fed"

Where was this energy when she was attempting to instigate a pile on on Krish mate after he suggested people donate to food banks?

• Heart
Reactions: 63
This squiggle seems legit, no horrible content on their profile altho some of it is in another language so touch wood they’re not bizarre 😫 another overly familiar “mate”

F523280D-6705-4C6C-A853-D0F34995BA5D.jpeg

& cross posted the edited selfie. The comments from men are like cringe okcupid messages from men you’d cross the street to avoid IRL that make you question your very existence 🥴

B8B8E692-2EB6-4B26-943B-924876191754.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Why do I live for these sorts of tweets? I think this was in reference to her Yorkshire puds. Basically, yeah I don’t think that temp will work and I’m going to use oil instead of lard but other than that, yay! “Overall idea” sudden flashbacks to red pen on schoolwork 😂
2F7F18FA-A4E8-4CEA-BDB1-827C5E199F20.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Why do I live for these sorts of tweets? I think this was in reference to her Yorkshire puds. Basically, yeah I don’t think that temp will work and I’m going to use oil instead of lard but other than that, yay! “Overall idea” sudden flashbacks to red pen on schoolwork 😂
View attachment 357382
It’s like she’s a charity case, this is how I’d phrase feedback to an intern or literal child on that apprenticeship scheme the gov started for them, not a 30 something who is meant to be an expert in this field?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Yeah and some of them 290k aren't even following just for the train crash...
Pretty sure I'm still following, but I don't use Twitter anymore and can't remember my details to delete it 😂

I come here for the wreckage, so much more entertaining!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
View attachment 357382
I remember having a really strict lecturer at uni and he wrote on my classmates work in red pen, block capitals WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. Makes me think if what these squiggles are really thinking.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
It sounds like you have been spending time there in the eu country and have travelled back to england to tie up loose ends? If so, do you not have some residential rights in the eu country from having been there previously?
@FlashBoof ive just seen that borders are opening!!! I’m crossing absolutely everything for you.

apologies if it’s already been said - got too excited seeing the news and thought of you immediately and I’m on a grunk!
🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.