Jack Monroe #120 Jack and trace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We had decided to spend Christmas by ourselves anyway (because, common sense. Corona wasn't going to take a 5 day break so why should we. Just because it was allowed doesn't mean you should do it etc etc). So instead of a tiny roast that isn't worth cooking for so few (imo) we opted for a party style buffet. And I am sooooo excited. And guess what.. there won't be any waste. There won't be the stress of having to get everything ready for the same time. We can just lay it out and help ourselves in between playing games or watching films etc. Very relaxed. Very enjoyable. 🤤😲

• Heart
Reactions: 51
One tray roasts are easy. Buy meat (I'm a carnivore, assume logic works with other mains), buy what you want to accompany. Work out meat time, then chop up other stuff to a size they cook evenly. Put in yorkies after you bring the main tray out - while it rests. Scales up if you want to eat over multi day holiday.

Reactions: 18
“Desperately ill” but still trying to get all up in Rukmini Iyer’s niche.

duck off, Jack, nobody needs a sprout, mandarin and lard traybake, you demon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
We were just staying with the two of us anyway, so the new rules have little impact on me, but I feel so sorry for friends who had planned to (finally) see family again.

We have ordered a 5 course (fancy!) meal from a restuarant nearby* that we can put in the oven and I am so excited for it! It's a complete indulgence, but duck it.

*by JM logic that would make me the saviour of the local economy.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
We were just staying with the two of us anyway, so the new rules have little impact on me, but I feel so sorry for friends who had planned to (finally) see family again.

We have ordered a 5 course (fancy!) meal from a restuarant nearby* that we can put in the oven and I am so excited for it! It's a complete indulgence, but duck it.

*by JM logic that would make me the saviour of the local economy.
Wow that sounds perfect!

Reactions: 18
As for that mousaka, so many recipes I tried form the Veganish book were dissapointing/did not work that today I put it in my charity shop donation bag (felt like a rite-of-passage :LOL:). After a few fails you just don't want to try the other recipes either.

ETA: On second thought, perhaps I should not have donated it, haha! It's better out of rotation. Ah well, hope the shop gets a few quid out of it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Jack's got the corona virus, did you know?

View attachment 353519
Get a chicken or small piece of pork. Put it in the oven. Roast some potatoes and parsnips. Serve with steamed carrots, red cabbage with caraway and some frozen peas. Serve with Bisto and some Sage & Onion stuffing. Pop a couple of eating apples into the meat tray for the last fifteen minutes if you're having pork.

If you're vegetarian, swap out the bit of a dead animal for a cook-chill alternative and possibly give the gravy a miss.

Have ice cream (standard or vegan as you prefer) for dessert. Sorted.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Lol. Why are her fawning squiggles making it sound like Aldi and Lidl is this exclusive, really rare shop that isn’t within a short bus journey for Jack? The lengths they go to to get a like from the moron is ridiculous.

Ps. She doesn’t have Covid. Still don’t believe her, she gave herself away by constantly changing her lie about when she started isolating.

View attachment 353098
And In real life there are probably more local Aldi’s and Lidl’s around the place z

Reactions: 11
how's she going to shop for / test this Christmas traybake though 🤔
She's probably got two home economists to check it for her. You know, on speed dial since she did her very important EXPRESS SHOOT. Because as we know she is better than us mere mortals and the Express is well known for its forensic accuracy.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Screenshot 2020-12-19 at 22.02.37.png

Oh dear God! This is superb "people always want what you write" well yes but half the people are just pretending to care because they vaguely associate her with poor people and they want to be kind, the other half are just ending themselves laughing. "You need rest", well yes she must be exhausted, 24/7 lying is stressful.

If this increasingly bizarre slop is the product of trying to be helpful then it might be better all round if a new more selfish Jack took the wheel for a bit. Who the duck does she imagine relies upon her for meal ideas, let alone celebration meal ideas?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.