Jack Monroe #120 Jack and trace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dear UK Frauen, I feel [assume] there's a lot of you here, ahm so sorry about these new necessary regulations. I know ye will have a better Christmas, in whatever form ye prefer, than the poor bastards who try to cook Jack's dinner.

I think I joined around thread 80+, but I am so grateful for the craic, and @Switchstreetz, I NEVER would have thought The Sloppies would be amazing. Genuinely just thought it'd be a few posts of us getting pished and ripping the pish. Amazing work pal. Ultra Frau/Herr.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
Oi, don’t start! 😅 I’ve been extremely careful, way more careful than Jack (not difficult, admittedly), and so have all my people. Whenever I’ve been out and about in central London, I mean I live here, it’s locals that are being covidiots. I haven’t noticed minibuses full of northerners rocking up to buy illicit pints - why would they?? Such a stupid thing for that squiggle to say, did Jack like that comment or was it aimed at her or something?
Yep, I live in London too (but I’m a northerner! imagine the internal conflict) and there have been a LOT of people here ignoring social distancing and other rules from the start of lockdown and throughout the year (and the mass exodus today of people leaving the capital can hardly be helping). It causes a lot of stress to those of us who choose to be more careful. Because of that I’d always expected an upswing in cases and so the new stricter rules don’t surprise me at all.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
I'm glad she stuck to her promise and hasn't shared every grim detail of her illness because that would be unbearably tiresome. Her constant stream of tweets is like Chinese water torture, I've not been the same since I sat through List Jack's reminiscences of everything she consumed from the time she achieved conscious thought until present day.

No I don't want a single tray Christmas dinner. Just eat a block of lard and be done with it, you horrid slop gremlin.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Has she been watching telly today? John Torode and Lisa Faulkner cooked a tray-baked Christmas dinner on their show this morning...
As so many learned Fraus and Herrs have observed... Jack doesn't seem to have a single maverick thought in that lil ol head of hers.

Reactions: 28
I know this is the wrong thread, but I don’t want to jump on the F&D one to ask a question; only to disappear again, as I can’t keep track of both...

Can someone who makes fantastic Yorkies PLEASE give me their recipe? Everything I’ve tried turns out really really stodgy. Last attempt, weighing eggs and using same of flour and milk were like muffins (our foxes ate them, after a quick game of kicky-pudding). Mary Berry has so many eggs I know it will be a disaster. Jamie’s didn’t work either. Yes, I AM the common denominator.
Thankspaceyou.
If you happen to own a breville smoothie maker, I find it perfect for making the right amount of batter for 12 hole tin. Milk in first to the 200ml level, then 3 eggs, then fill to the top with plain flour no need to weigh it. Whizz to a batter and then do as the other fraus have said about hot fat, hot oven, don't open the oven door to peek for at least first 5 mins.

Edited to say that the smoothie cup holds 600ml total.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Because lets face it, long covid is inevitable here.
Surely only a matter of time before she starts subtly putting the feelers out in true Jack style. There's a tiny sliver of me that still wants to give her the benefit of the doubt, but the massive cynic in me thinks it'll be a handy way for her to both shirk her obligations for the next 6+ months (while the Patreon and Del Monte money keeps rolling in, topped up with donations to The World's Saintliest Invalid from naive but well-meaning squiggles) AND deflect any criticism/scrutiny that might come her way after the Scotsman article or similar. After all, what kind of monster would pick on someone who's very publicly battling long Covid?

Edited to add - it would also potentially line up nicely with the already-seeded Big Move to the possibly penultimate forever home early next year (wasn't the crappy bungalow being advertised as available from January?). I can already visualise the wailing tweets over the upheaval and expense while she's still so SEVERELY ILL. *rattle rattle*

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
If you happen to own a breville smoothie maker, I find it perfect for making the right amount of batter for 12 hole tin. Milk in first to the 200ml level, then 3 eggs, then fill to the top with plain flour no need to weigh it. Whizz to a batter and then do as the other fraus have said about hot fat, hot oven, don't open the oven door to peek for at least first 5 mins.

Edited to say that the smoothie cup holds 600ml total.
I have had one of these for years (not trying to show off JM style 😂) and I have gotten so much use out of it. I use it to make banana pancake batter sometimes. 100% recommend

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
When do we think Jack's long covid will end (any year will do)?

I'll go for 2026.
As Jack moves between timezones at will I'll go for 1897 but the one that happens twenty years from now after the next 1973 but before 1962.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
‘Joints on fire, silently screaming inside?’ Does she have locked in syndrome now?
Sounds to me like she’s turning into a vampire.
Vampire Jack would be amazing. A lady doctor sympathetically but firmly breaking the news that she's SEVERELY ALLERGIC to garlic. ("But I'm a food writer!" "Sorry, no more fat cloves for you. Now get to duck.") Jack parting her £250 curtains then immediately howling and clawing at the floor when hit by a beam of sunlight. Her not showing up in selfies, a la reflections (would save some Facetuning time at least).

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Jack’s showing off her forensic knowledge of how newspaper publishing works - completely oblivious to the fact Mel Donte paid a small fortune to have their tinned grapefruit advertised amongst all the crap and she’s just a bi product of that.

51448373-3091-4265-9FFE-99692A5FCE2B.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.