Jack Monroe #120 Jack and trace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's probably got two home economists to check it for her. You know, on speed dial since she did her very important EXPRESS SHOOT. Because as we know she is better than us mere mortals and the Express is well known for its forensic accuracy.
Where the home economists those lovely dinner ladies who's kitchen she defiled with Marcus and those meatballs. Perhaps Marcus sent them an autograph to all their grandsons/ son's if they told her she wasn't crap.

Reactions: 16
I've been grunking all day because BUSY! More twists and turns from Jack who is also busy dying from Covid. She reminds me of a black knight who suffers from 'a mere flesh wound'.
She is a real piece of work outing SB's dad as single. Clearly she wants to humiliate him, maybe he is having SB on the big day.
I realised today that I have not read a book since February this year. I like reading and usually have a book on the go but for most of this year it's been replaced by the Tattle tab 😂 I have to hand it to Jack, she is really dedicated to being an hole and if this were a novel, I'd not be able to put it down. What is genuinely sad though is the fact she has hurt other people by her Iago like behaviour.
I had to to back and enjoy the Sloppies all over again, Old Chief made me laugh out loud, I had fun trying to explain that to hubby, especially traazers which always makes me crack up. I was really tempted to name the Sloppies when I made my wee donation but wasn't sure if that would be breaking a rule. I wish we could tell them why there has been a glut of donations today. Thank you again Switchstreetz for all your hard work. Also thank you traumtised sideboard for Slopbot, what a pair of troopers, wonderful genuinely funny stuff from both of you <3
20201219_212136.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 46
The response is outrageous, isn't it? I thought she was doing all this out of the goodness of her heart and from her deathbed in order to HELP POOR PEOPLE but apparently that only goes so far.
Exactly. Her reaction is very revealing. It demonstrates that she is not, in fact, interested in doing something good and unselfish for a charity. She will only do something if - first and foremost - she benefits. And yet this whole Xmas dinner thing was supposed to be for charity in the first place.
She’s the most enormous hypocrite.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
Has she been watching telly today? John Torode and Lisa Faulkner cooked a tray-baked Christmas dinner on their show this morning...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Holy tit, that’s outrageous. So she’s actually used frozen Yorkshire puddings and repackaged them as her own?
It looks very much like it, doesn’t it. If that’s the case, I wonder if the Express people were aware of - complicit in, even - this little deception. 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Saint JM of the Poor is working hard from her bed..she would never sacrifice her wellbeing for her fanclub!

Guess what kind of people have a tendency to overshare and to give too much detail out......multiple (!) flavour squash indeed bc drinking soooo much.
Drinking enough? Completed it, mate!
I am also suspicious about the 'rona term. It does not fit to the way she normally uses language...hm..what does that tell me?

Hard at work.. writing down a few recipes? I always make up new recipes and even if I wrapped them into a whole bloody story about my heritage I could finish them in no time.
Career change for me, maybe?
Mind you, the squiggles would drive me insane.
Me: add strawberry jam ...
Squig: can I also use raspberry jam???
Me: Go away!!!

Why does she not rest and why do the squiggles do not leave her alone?
But they are as bad as each other.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Where the home economists those lovely dinner ladies who's kitchen she defiled with Marcus and those meatballs. Perhaps Marcus sent them an autograph to all their grandsons/ son's if they told her she wasn't crap.
You are spot on about their kitchen being defiled. She was so rude about the chopping boards too. I actually got the feeling that the school, children and dinner ladies were just used as props by GQ and it was awkward. Jack didn't seem to see the human beings, just tools to help set the scene. She is a disgusting snob except when it comes to her fingernails. I'm amazed a fingernail manufacturer has not gifted her with a hamper yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
And yes, agree, sensible down to earth Frauen, why do you need to re-invent the wheel??? Just cook something you like for Christmas!!! Chicken and veg, root veg only...you don't depend on sick JM chained to her bed making up recipes with food that nobody wants to eat.
And poor people know where to buy their ingredients!! And if someone FAILS at this, it is not their fault. It is because they do not have enough money.

Reactions: 29
I'm a few pages behind.

Here's an example of Jack's actual Yorkshire puddings.

View attachment 353003
“I do make a cracking yorkie”, indeed. Doesn’t she know yorkies are not supposed to crack??
These abominations look like pastry cases (not particularly appetising ones at that) - where’s the lightness and fluffiness that everyone wants from a yorkie? Honestly, does she know anything about food?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
“I do make a cracking yorkie”, indeed. Doesn’t she know yorkies are not supposed to crack??
These abominations look like pastry cases (not particularly appetising ones at that) - where’s the lightness and fluffiness that everyone wants from a yorkie? Honestly, does she know anything about food?
Nope. Sorry. Please hang up and redial. Cook. Thankyou, goodbye.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Michael Caine and David Walliams were on consecutive channels at the same time earlier tonight. Vlad sending us a Vladsignal?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I can see Jack doing turkey curry recipes or left over recipes now that a lot of people have a lot of food but have to change their plans :(
Onions (actually fried/sautéed!) garlic, passata, curry powder, turmeric, stock, tomato purée, leftover turkey. Easy basic curry. Don’t know why she makes such a big deal about it. Anyone can do it. She doesn’t need to rise from her sick bed to save all of tier 4.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
She doesn't highlight any good causes. Christ knows how she's still managing to keep attached to this campaigner/activist label, she does duck all for anyone but herself. It would take her less than a minute to promote charities and signpost her large audience to their websites but she doesn't even make that small effort.

The charity that got a mention as part of this god awful Daily Express dinner, I have no clue about after reading her article as she can't shut up about herself long enough to talk about anyone else.

It's astounding that someone so utterly selfish has carved themselves an image of a saint.
Luckily, that Express pullout had two other interviews - with an actress and an athlete, both of whom talked extensively about the work of the charity and how they had become involved with it. They both clearly understood that the article was primary about the charity, and that they were secondary players (despite both being famous in their own right).
It’s just as well, because if you only had Jack’s interview, you’d be none the wiser about the charity which presumably commissioned the pullout. Typical self-obsessed, self-centred, tone-deaf, me me me Jack.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
I know this is the wrong thread, but I don’t want to jump on the F&D one to ask a question; only to disappear again, as I can’t keep track of both...

Can someone who makes fantastic Yorkies PLEASE give me their recipe? Everything I’ve tried turns out really really stodgy. Last attempt, weighing eggs and using same of flour and milk were like muffins (our foxes ate them, after a quick game of kicky-pudding). Mary Berry has so many eggs I know it will be a disaster. Jamie’s didn’t work either. Yes, I AM the common denominator.
Thankspaceyou.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.