Jack Monroe #120 Jack and trace

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you! I have been looking fruitlessly for a delivery slot from anywhere and I already have Prime, I'd just forgotten they do food. I hate shopping at the best of times and I feel like it's going to be horrible next week.
Happy to be of service! I've got a 'Morrison's via Amazon' coming tomorrow because they have a better cheese selection.

Reactions: 16
Why make people more miserable. Yes you cant have your family for Christmas lunch so just get your sad little one man baking tray out of the cupboard and I will continue to ruin your day with something that can only be identified by a skilled mortician

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
NOBODY WANTS A ONE-TRAY CHRISTMAS MENU FOR ONE OR TWO PEOPLE JACK. I've spent Christmases alone and what you actually want is non-stop snacks, not some bullshit roast dinner for one which will only make you feel more alooooone.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
I can see Jack doing turkey curry recipes or left over recipes now that a lot of people have a lot of food but have to change their plans :(
she wouldn't even think of that and if it comes up it's because she's read it here.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Also she clearly knows NOTHING about the zero waste movement. It’s above all about packaging. Food waste is a part of it, sure. But mostly keeping things out of the trash (meaning they can always go in the compost and still be considered zero waste). Using peels and fiber from veg/fruit is common, but more importantly in the movement is how the food was sourced/the packaging etc.
I was thinking that while cooking (and throwing away plastic wrappers) tonight how promoting her menu as zero waste is complete BS. Zero Waste, as in: trying to avoid packaging, is so challenging and can be expensive and/or time consuming (and therefore a middle class hobby for some). I once did a plastic-free July, my god was it hard, nothing compared with a vegan challenge.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
NOBODY WANTS A ONE-TRAY CHRISTMAS MENU FOR ONE OR TWO PEOPLE JACK. I've spent Christmases alone and what you actually want is non-stop snacks, not some bullshit roast dinner for one which will only make you feel more alooooone.
You've spelt "wine" wrong 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
One tray dinner for one you say ? Completed it mate ! Should look familiar it's where your yorkies came from...
150719_Roast Dinners_Beef_AB_XSell_470x300.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
I can see Jack doing turkey curry recipes or left over recipes now that a lot of people have a lot of food but have to change their plans :(
Well, what I learned from the Hellman's videos is that you just bang mayo on any leftover and you have a meal.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.