Jack Monroe #119 She says lots of things, many of which are false

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean, I don’t call engineering several unnecessary bubbles, travelling to Edinburgh, Manchester, and London (at least twice), or having people in your home for a day-long photoshoot neurotic, tbh. I call it blasé. But Jack can do Jack.

The illest I’ve been was when I had flu at uni in 2008 and I couldn’t even look at my (non-smart, unlike today’s glaring screens) phone without feeling like my eyes would fall out. I lay sweating in the dark for a week and my housemates would periodically put glasses of water inside my door and take away the old one. Then I had to go back to my mum’s for another week to recover. Everyone I know who has had corona says it’s much worse then flu, so given that she’s ferociously tweeting we can only assume that Jack is well enough to look at a bright phone screen and make coherent (and even passive-aggressive) statements.

If she was seriously ill there is no way she’d be sulking about how “careful” she’s been or sniping at SB/BB for exposing neurotic wee her. She’d be asleep, or lying inert and wishing she was.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Surely there is every point in working out where it came from?

Anyway, I too wish her well, it seems like a pretty miserable virus. Thankful that I live somewhere where the prevalence is low 🤞
I’m guessing she doesn’t want to work where it came from because she’d rather blame her son or her bubble buddy despite mixing with loads of folk for ‘work’ over the past week or so.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
“No point trying to work out who gave it to me” while giving positive case Louisa side eye 👀

She is SUCH a passive aggressive biatch!
Maybe, SHE gave it to Louisa, she has been galavanting and fraternising a lot of late 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 28
@MancBee
The house smells like the funeral home where I saw my Dad before we screwed the lid on the box.
He WAS dead, we didn't just bury him for shits and giggles.
The dog left the kitchen and he sticks to me like a conjoined twin when I'm cooking
It tastes very salty, slightly sweet but surprisingly un-oniony.
Like herbs in hot water with half a tsp of sugar.
It leaves a greasy residue on your lips, like being kissed by someone wearing chapstick.
It needs some cornflour to thicken it but that will do nothing to improve the flavour.
Ten out of Ten will never do it again.
Christ on a bendy bus, that’s over and above. I salute you. I can smell it from here.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Should have left SB with his Dad. That way, we'll be spared the soon to come tale of the kid having to monitor her breathing. Did she go out last Wednesday/Thursday/Friday, by any chance?

Needs to take some paracetamol and ibuprofen to get the temperature down, have something like full sugar lemonade, sleep on your front/side facing down a bit & hugging a pillow (as the middle of the night sinus emptying that drops what feels like a cup of water down your throat is horrible).

Still, isolation ends Wednesday next.
Flat 7up. Cures everything according to my Nan!

Reactions: 19
If nobody’s bagsied it, I’d like to come to the Sloppies dressed as Terry the Sparrow in his Egyptian mummy phase from Jack’s table. It’s what he would have wanted. To be there in spirit.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
@MancBee
The house smells like the funeral home where I saw my Dad before we screwed the lid on the box.
He WAS dead, we didn't just bury him for shits and giggles.
The dog left the kitchen and he sticks to me like a conjoined twin when I'm cooking
It tastes very salty, slightly sweet but surprisingly un-oniony.
Like herbs in hot water with half a tsp of sugar.
It leaves a greasy residue on your lips, like being kissed by someone wearing chapstick.
It needs some cornflour to thicken it but that will do nothing to improve the flavour.
Ten out of Ten will never do it again.
Bloody brilliant, you not the gravy. It looks so greasy, I can almost smell it from the screen. I see you used one of those gel stock pots, get you, how fancy are you! You deserve an honorary mention in The Sloppies, going above and beyond. Though I do remember being sort of proud that I had at least tried one of her recipes and could legitimately call her out.

Hope that you manage to get rid of the smell from the kitchen, that sort of smell lingers.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
28F54D8E-8F50-4323-A600-2E78B33ADFA8.jpeg

“Practically ~neurotic~ about staying safe”?! Practically neurotic! Are you shitting me?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
Has anyone ever been really really unwell with a virus, but had the energy and wherewithal to chat tit on Twitter with people you don’t know, as well as whatsapp family? I wasn’t well a couple of months ago, not Covid but was really rough. I literally replied to my mum’s phonecalls with “not well will ring later” and then didn’t cos I was just melted. She’s lying on some level. Either it’s not Covid, or it is Covid but she’s exaggerating symptoms. She hasn’t got SEVERE Covid or she’d be asleep in bed minding her business.

Reactions: 48
Oh those bloody Jackolytes! I just imagine them clasping their pearls to their chest. She’s not been careful!

“My god Rose, are you alright? I heard you gasping from the conservatory!”
“Oh Rupert! That lesbian tattooed non binary ex vegan cat owning single Mum chef has Covid. I’m so worried about her. She does...so much good, you understand? So much for The People.”

• Haha
Reactions: 49
View attachment 350624
“Practically ~neurotic~ about staying safe?! Practically neurotic! Are you shitting me?
Apart from all the documented trips, extended bubbles, and photographers trooping through the crappy bungalow, she’s been fecking licking her phone to take photos. So, so very neurotic about germs and health 😭

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.