Jack Monroe #119 She says lots of things, many of which are false

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This made me laugh out loud!!

And this made me run for the bathroom šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Does anyone else think the way Louisa worded her tweet was strange? She didn't say she tested positive or that she had corona. She simply said "a positive corona test result".

Maybe Louisa isn't positive. Jack may or may not be. Maybe it's SB since the story started with him/his teacher. So Louisa is just saying "oh great, sharing a house with corona. Happy Birthday to me", kinda..
Yes, I get the impression that Louisa has had a positive test but does not have symptoms, at least not currently. Lots of people are asymptomatic. Also, some tests are false positives.

Reactions: 12
It's utterly tragic that she couldn't even let the Express menu rest for a week without "reworking" it. She is broadcasting the fact that she half-assed it for the Express. Bet they are delighted.

Problem is she's really fucked it up this time round. That abomination of a meal needs punted into the sun in its entirety. It needs nuked from orbit. It's beyond foul and it looks hideous.

I wonder if she tried to flog it anywhere and got told where to go? Really low engagement on the tweets too. Even the squiggles aren't going to swallow it.

ETA this guardian article from Monday mentions her Christmas cake https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...-on-a-christmas-feast-and-also-cut-food-waste which makes me ask - why does she never use any of her old recipes for things like this?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
veryfondoftea said:
I really want to know what this. I assume the yellow stuff is custard but it has a oily looking residue on it which isnā€™t typical of any custard Iā€™ve ever had
Maybe she's face-tuning the slop now? Next level.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It's all so awful. The gravy and the as yet unexplained pudding art-horror film being particularly disturbing. I start to wonder if Jack is some sort of anti-media art prank, does this end with Saatchi buying the crappy Bungalow and having it taken brick by brick to a gallery somewhere? Are the pay pigs in on it? Is everyone here in on it? What is reality?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I canā€™t get the flaccid ā€œroastā€ carrots out of my head. Somehow they disturb me more than scrapings and peelings bin pie.
Coated in tinned mandarin juice too. Were they marinaded in it do you think? And the acid started breaking the carrot down, so it went bendy. Or they were past their best before they were cooked. I suppose when we leave Europe we canā€™t even canvas the EU to stop the sale of bent carrots.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I canā€™t get the flaccid ā€œroastā€ carrots out of my head. Somehow they disturb me more than scrapings and peelings bin pie.
Coated in tinned mandarin juice too. Were they marinaded in it do you think? And the acid started breaking the carrot down, so it went bendy. Or they were past their best before they were cooked. I suppose when we leave Europe we canā€™t even canvas the EU to stop the sale of bent carrots.
This does make me feel a bit better about Brexit. The minute Europe saw that horror published in a mainstream paper and the UK population failing to rise up against it, they'd have thrown us out anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
is is just me, or is there still quite a bit of actual onion attached to those feelings?
This is a beautiful typo and I thank you for it.

ETA: Now caught up & I see you guys are all over this already. And indeed all over everything. I have nothing to add! And yet keep adding! Why must I be on the other side of the world? Why must I sleep? Why are you all so quick and forensic? Leave some slop for the rest of us!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Many pages behind, but surely this is rice pudding? After Southend constabulary have cracked our case of the century theyā€™re gonna have to look for the missing person in this dish - where the duck are the prawns?!

View attachment 349263

Looool someone beat me to it! X
That ā€œprawn cocktailā€ abomination - I canā€™t get over it. If you were shown that pic, and you werenā€™t told what it was, there is no way youā€™d come up with prawn cocktail. It just looks like a maggot infestation with the Queen Maggot on the side. That ā€œgrapefruitā€ is such a weird colour that I would not be surprised if itā€™s the same piece she used last week, and it has just been mouldering away on one of her sideboards ever since.
How can someone who supposedly does this stuff for a living be so clueless about food presentation?

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I think occasionally (and I am guilty of this as anyone) we do some performative heaving at her food pics, mainly because although she thinks sheā€™s such a talented food stylist, nobody in this world is making a chickpea soup look good, let alone Jack who, for all the glitzy paper backdrops in the world, cannot cook in the first place. We definitely project our knowledge of her ineptitude (and dislike of her) onto her photos.
I love this whole post but in particular the term 'performative heaving'. It may be us in this case but it's Jack all over, always.

We all saw a brain with sparklers floating in a bowl of puke and heard the Lost theme in the background, right? Right?
I donā€™t know what that was supposed to be. Dessert?!

This is clearly a desserted island. I'll show myself out.

Disclaimer: I, too, have an ongoing takeout container of peelings and vege bits in my freezer to be used for stock, so feel free to take whatever I say with a grain of slop. (I don't leave it open, though. I AM NOT AN ANIMAL.)

• Haha
Reactions: 31
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Why would you not even cut them up?! I doubt that she has actually peeled them as they're not even topped and tailed. Who the hell puts an entire šŸ„• carrot on their plate if their name's not Bugs Bunny?

The potatoes look yellow-green like an old bruise. Maybe she's studying them for her next make up masterclass.

And as for the maggot extraordinaire that is the starter.... isn't Marie Rose sauce supposed to be pink? It certainly doesn't look like it's sitting on a base of salad either unless it's leftover from the gifted veg box. That thing on the righthand side of the glass looks like it's well past the time for CPR. I suspect that Flopsy Bunny in the garage has already refused it.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
You posting what is honestly a hastily put together menu that does not constitute any items that could be considered either healthy or delicious ( in my opinion).
so true. Every single part of the meal is ruined.

ETA this guardian article from Monday mentions her Christmas cake https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...-on-a-christmas-feast-and-also-cut-food-waste which makes me ask - why does she never use any of her old recipes for things like this?
Her cake is missing so many things that would make it nice.
See also yucky fingers, and her boasting that she burned it and covered the burns in sugar. This is her job!

D42E681E-74DD-4FD8-86D3-71DB36312D65.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
so true. Every single part of the meal is ruined.

See also yucky fingers, and her boasting that she burned it and covered the burns in sugar. This is her job!

View attachment 350029
Does the full tattoo read "this burnt offering will kill you"? "Botulism from my filthy nails will kill you"? "Your soul evaporating when you read my tweets will kill you"? I can't quite make it out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I don't think Jack knows what the word dredged means.

Gifted my hole.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Christ alive. Her festive menu...it all looks a bit tit, really. Just cook a bleeping roast, and stop twatting about with adding citrus fruit to everything. Just...no! If you want to pad out a prawn cocktail, how about a couple of rounds of buttered bread on the side?

itā€™s a forensic fuckup.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
For someone who makes money form selling food photos in her lil webshop, she sure knows how to make that meal looks bad. (I mean, in 2020 all the food bloggers should by now know how to make things at least look tasty)

Reactions: 18
Iā€™m afraid I must tell you that it didnā€™t take her 2 weeks to work out blending raw onions since this is already the basis for her sauce in her ā€˜kindanaraā€™ in Veganish. I must also confess that I made this, pretattle, as I was curious to see whether it would work, a bit like putting your finger in a Bunsen burner to see if it is hot. It wasnā€™t anywhere near as bad as I expected and did produce a reasonably creamy sauce but gravy is not creamy. Plus it served half of what it claimed and I had to make a last minute load of garlic bread. Anyway, the boiling raw onions is not new for her.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.