Jack Monroe #119 She says lots of things, many of which are false

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

The gravy is like a jug of farts, ready to be reborn as more farts.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
I haven't posted for a while (are you not aware of my work? I'M BUSY) but these threads are priceless.

The food looks completely revolting. While I can (and do) laugh at just how awful it is, I feel genuinely sad that this is what Jack thinks of people who are struggling.

Yet again, it isn't about trying to come up with recipes which embrace the joy of food, instead, it's all about creating inedible slop - the message being, if you're not well off, it's the best you can possibly hope for. Honestly, making a vegan 'meal' from vegetable peelings?

There are loads of ways to have nice food that doesn't cost a lot. It doesn't mean being miserable. She actually reinforces poverty with the kind of 'recipes' she advocates.

She just makes me angry and sad.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
I love to mop gravy up with bread, it's my guilty pleasure. When I visit my partner's (upper) middle class parents, it's all I can do to stop myself nipping to the kitchen mid meal for a slice. I could just imagine their faces. :eek:
When clearing away after dinner, I can frequently be found drinking the gravy out of the jug* (if any remains after dinner) like complete greedy goblin.

god I love gravy.
* actual gravy boat only used on Xmas and if we have guests. Otherwise it’s a Pyrex jug.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I’ve wanted to laugh, love and agree with every post for about 20 pages

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Cabal, what does lard actually taste like? I have never consumed it, and only heard of it used in reference to bad things. I didn't know anyone seriously ate it this century.

Reactions: 12
Slopbot Mel Donte has told me “try my citrus it’s really delitchious” and I can’t breathe for fizzing and laughing

Edit 🥕the little shite

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I'm still amazed that blending raw onions then boiling them was the result of two full weeks of work.

Imagine what her first drafts were like... 🤢
I’ve a sneaking suspicion that this was one of Jack’s famous “one and done” recipes - like her lasagne white sauce. Which we all know to be a complete waste of time, effort, food and money - and the people who are cooking Jack’s recipes cannot afford that kind of food waste, nor do they have the well stocked fridges, freezers and store cupboards to rustle up an alternative meal when the family are complaining of hunger later in the day. I can barely imagine a more depressing Christmas.

The thought of people actually using their limited budget to follow this “meal plan” for it to go uneaten, or else reluctantly swallowed down... brought to you by a poverty cosplayer, dining out on a few months on benefits from almost 10 years ago... honestly Fraus, I cannot find the words.

I never understood why people take a break from the threads until now, she can really get to you, can’t she?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I still don’t understand why it would be a veryyyyy long post? Blog? She has a blog, yes? Start with meat bla bla, then do this, bla bla. Divide things up into ingredients at the bottom of recipe. Surely nobody actually needs this recipe of how to make an insipid tasteless roast. Jack, you are NOT doing anyone a favour with that ugly pile of tit. Send the picture to your fifty shades of beige mugs patreons instead, love. Now duck off!
Under each individual recipe she’ll need to force in her “origin story”, relive the moment she thought up the idea for beige Marie Rose sauce while under a train, and how she kicked a man in the shins while wrestling for the wrinkly yellow-sticker chicken. Jack isn’t capable of typing up a simple list of ingredients plus method.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I'm very happy I ate my breakfast before my Grunka, because that would've totally put me off my toast!

Honestly, no words for that Christmas dinner, except it will forever haunt my soul.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I have a friend who doesn't 'do' Christmas. No particular reason, she just never has.
Her kids all go to their inlaws and she sits and watches telly with a pizza delivery. She loves it.
My youngest mini moo was jealous when i said this is what my friend did for Christmas and asked if we could get pizza too.
I'm thinking that if anyone got served the above for Christmas, they too would be dialling up for a Domino's....
We have been doing this for the last three christmases.
It is awesome. No cooking, minimal washing up , tastes delicious. And breakfast for boxing day.

Reactions: 18
Just caught up and wtaf was that 'meal'?
Why were the sausages nearly as long as the poor wizened elderly jaundiced chicken? Why were the accompanying vegetables so sad and flaccid and greasy? What the duck was that thing in a glass? It appeared to be lumpy sick nestled against greasy fish fingers.
Literally nothing celebratory or joyous about that whole miserable affair. Is that the point though? Is poor people's food meant to look vile and unappetising?

(I laughed and laughed at @zeedoubleu finding here through searching 'Jack Monroe attention seeker'. Reminds me of a newby to Sali Hughes threads saying they found it by googling 'is Sali Hughes a wanker?' 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I love to mop gravy up with bread, it's my guilty pleasure. When I visit my partner's (upper) middle class parents, it's all I can do to stop myself nipping to the kitchen mid meal for a slice. I could just imagine their faces. :eek:
It's the bread or licking the plate!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
That bird looks like it’s gone through a disastrous turmeric treatment at a spa.
This made me laugh out loud!!

OMG, she's lost a bit of eye too :oops:
View attachment 349551
And this made me run for the bathroom 😂😂😂

Does anyone else think the way Louisa worded her tweet was strange? She didn't say she tested positive or that she had corona. She simply said "a positive corona test result".

Maybe Louisa isn't positive. Jack may or may not be. Maybe it's SB since the story started with him/his teacher. So Louisa is just saying "oh great, sharing a house with corona. Happy Birthday to me", kinda..

• Wow
Reactions: 28
does anyone know how much the thirfty shades postcard victims have paid yet?

Reactions: 14
Does anyone else think the way Louisa worded her tweet was strange? She didn't say she tested positive or that she had corona. She simply said "a positive corona test result".

Maybe Louisa isn't positive. Jack may or may not be. Maybe it's SB since the story started with him/his teacher. So Louisa is just saying "oh great, sharing a house with corona. Happy Birthday to me", kinda..
Has she deleted that tweet or am I just inept and can't see it?
Edit: am just inept

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I'm still amazed that blending raw onions then boiling them was the result of two full weeks of work.

Imagine what her first drafts were like... 🤢
ThiS is now I think it went. Day one
Get onion

Day 2 start peeling onion
Day 3 look at onion
Start chopping onion ( get distracted by floofs)

Start again

Day 1 get onion......

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I never understood why people take a break from the threads until now, she can really get to you, can’t she?
Yes. Luckily the razor sharp wit of these threads has me hooting up lungs right left and centre - keeps the despair at bay.

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.