Jack Monroe #115 I can’t work out the timeline

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I need to stop reading about Jack before bed...had a nightmare that Jack volunteered to administer the COVID vaccine!
I’m still giggling about the disappearing burger photo. The onions rings looked like they were suffering from anaemia. Poor kid.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Thread title Jack Monroe 116 Liar! Liar! Shapewear on fire!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Re Glastonbury (love it - last went in 2013, the year before Jack's opus in The Guardian)...yes there are amazing food stalls all over the site so you can get anything you want. It's one of the best things about it that you can pick up anything you fancy (as long as you can manage to locate the stall again) :).

What struck me is that having had presumably a free entry to the festival, she was packing up and leaving on Saturday in the day. What a bloody waste - she says she had SB with her, it could have made an amazing experience for him. Why didn't they stay until the end and go back on Monday after it finished.

I don't have children but there are always loads there and it's v family oriented (there's a family camping field etc) as well as for adult fun.

What a wasted opportunity...although that seems to be a general trend doesn't it in the life of Jack Monroe.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I think it's kind of odd to take food and drink to Glastonbury, personally. They've got so many really good food stalls it's just pointless unless you're planning on spending absolutely nothing when you're on site which knowing Jack was probably the reason, the absolute tightwad.
or she was trying to seek attention through bringing ‘wacky’ equipment she didn’t need. She’s all about being seen.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I am absolutely dying at this - I thought that quote was you taking the piss - then I read the article 😂😂😂😂😂
I also like the part where she calls herself a camping expert, then go goes on to say that they needed a volunteer to help them put their tent up but still managed to not erect it properly so it was pooled with water after 2 nights

• Haha
Reactions: 45
That article was so funny just for the sheer cringe of it all 😂 I know she did her little backyard glamping thing this year, but she really does not strike me as someone who goes camping. She's far too dramatic!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Re Glastonbury (love it - last went in 2013, the year before Jack's opus in The Guardian)...yes there are amazing food stalls all over the site so you can get anything you want. It's one of the best things about it that you can pick up anything you fancy (as long as you can manage to locate the stall again) :).

What struck me is that having had presumably a free entry to the festival, she was packing up and leaving on Saturday in the day. What a bloody waste - she says she had SB with her, it could have made an amazing experience for him. Why didn't they stay until the end and go back on Monday after it finished.

I don't have children but there are always loads there and it's v family oriented (there's a family camping field etc) as well as for adult fun.

What a wasted opportunity...although that seems to be a general trend doesn't it in the life of Jack Monroe.
It's a little odd how she doesn't explain leaving so early - especially as she was commissioned to do a diary of attending the festival?!

Reactions: 29
Lol it's a tit paper I agree I only read it for the comments. The comments are something else. Ps I do not comment just lurk.
It’s not that, every click is giving them revenue, their coverage of the Hillsborough disaster was repulsive. Give it a google, people boycott the paper because of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Agreed, I’d always encourage anyone to Google “influencer name + companies house beta”. You don’t need to be an accountant to see if someone’s raking it in or not & it puts their content into an entirely different context. A lot (too many!) young girls think influencers are just cooler versions of them making earnest recommendations, but they’re extended sales departments for brands. Would you get into debt over a PLT ad? Probably not, so why are you getting into debt over Molly Mae’s vlogs she is not ur mate she has a direct interest in you spending money!

The absurd thing is people make out like you’re bleeping fred west for doing this - referencing public info to make an informed decision about how you spend your money! I’m a company secretary (my other job is being my husband’s Lynn) and I declare it to my employers & would expect to be asked questions about my interests, but I’m not a shady bleep like Jack who’d probably allege that we’d gone through her garage to find those micro accounts 😂 You can do it for small businesses too as sometimes they’re not actually small (see: FOD promoting an indie curtain company that had offices in St James’ Sq and an AR app funded by a parent company).

Sorry for the tenuously linked rant but the above is why I’ll never feel bad for being on here, influencers have stitched the game up. On topic: Jack’ll probably give us a chaos today to skim over the PURE CRINGE of her cockney accent 🤮🤮🤮 Goes some way to showing the sheer lack of diversity at the Guardian that no one challenged why she was doing that?
Inspired by the post above I decided to 'ave a butchers at JM's micro accounts and I'm a bit puzzled by them not being an accounts type. They're for last year but to my untrained eye she seems to owe more than she makes. Is this right or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

• Wow
Reactions: 12
It's a little odd how she doesn't explain leaving so early - especially as she was commissioned to do a diary of attending the festival?!
Ahh but if it doesn't involve *her* and *her appearances* then it's not worth documenting.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Mmm, squished sausages leftover from a shoot.

Does she ever let him eat meat that isn’t bacon and sausage?
Bit behind but just wanted to jump in...
Exactly as said above. This could have been a brilliant opportunity to buy organic/better quality meat. Mince is the cheaper end of pricing and she would only need a diddy bit. A burger for a small child wouldn't take much as she is 100% pescatarian/vegan and BB is veggie (🤣🤣🤣🤣)
Also, why does she need a bleeping round of applause for...a burger? If tge kid had made it himself (you missed a trick there Jack) then yay! Well done kid! But no. This is supposedly the creation of an 'acclaimed food writer' etc etc.
God it's too early to be this angry, I'm going for a cupp...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
or she was trying to seek attention through bringing ‘wacky’ equipment she didn’t need. She’s all about being seen.
Or it could be her unwavering arrogance, along the lines of “why waste money on that gourmet tit when we could all be eating my works of maverick genius..”

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Or it could be her unwavering arrogance, along the lines of “why waste money on that gourmet tit when we could all be eating my works of maverick genius..”
She always does self catering apartments when she travels too. Wasn't she bragging about cooking for guests in her and a Mrs J's hotel room once using just a kettle or something? Or did I dream that given the number of us who have now experienced JM in dream form?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
She always does self catering apartments when she travels too. Wasn't she bragging about cooking for guests in her and a Mrs J's hotel room once using just a kettle or something? Or did I dream that given the number of us who have now experienced JM in dream form?
Rings no bells to me but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s true. On a related note, saw a video just the other day on Facebook, with a guy doing exactly this with an array of food in a hotel room.. he used the flat surface of an iron for a lot of the cooking..

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
It's so strange because for anyone who actually has any interest in food whatsoever, at least 50% of the joy of travelling is checking out the food scene of wherever you are. But then this is Jack, who only went to 5 Guys and Dishoom (NOT A CHAIN) when she was in Edinburgh, like, 1 day after Scotland's lockdown was lifted.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
It's so strange because for anyone who actually has any interest in food whatsoever, at least 50% of the joy of travelling is checking out the food scene of wherever you are. But then this is Jack, who only went to 5 Guys and Dishoom (NOT A CHAIN) when she was in Edinburgh, like, 1 day after Scotland's lockdown was lifted.
I still can't get over how little she did on that break or her general lack of interest in actually seeing any of Edinburgh. Half the fun of a city break is just wandering around and seeing what you can find. It's her holiday but eating from chains, taking pictures of soon to be binned slop and making up stories about feeding rough sleepers strikes me as a terrible waste.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.