Jack Monroe #115 I can’t work out the timeline

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wasn’t here when she went to Edinburgh, so I didn’t pay as much attention but from memory it was when her relationship was ending. It felt like she stropped off to me.

Reactions: 13
In my noting of those who love food I am watching Jamie Oliver as he “Cooks Christmas.” He’s another one who adores food and his son Buddy is a lovely boy who seems a chip off the old block as it were.

I am now itching to get a salted gammon and prepare it just as he did ....people who love food make you want to prepare and eat the meals they do. I don't’ get that with Jack, she almost seems to be angry with food and it’s got to be the cheapest and nastiest stuff thrown together. There’s no love there for the food, the flavours of the final result apart from when she’s “devouring it like a hyena from the pan” which seems to suggest someone starving and desperate rather than someone enjoying the textures and flavours.

Maybe I am overthinking it though.
“She always seems to be angry with food” has to got to be a thread title contender, surely?

Or thread title “jack Monroe: obsessed with deconstructing sausages”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Babe, same! 😂 I thought @SoulRebel was about to treat us to a "traazers" type tale!

That article is just peak Jack Cringe isn't it?! 😬

Don't see anything remarkable about that espresso maker either, I've camped a lot and you see people with an array of different equipment 🤷. I've seen people whipping out paella pans and all sorts, noone stops to stare in amazement, or points and laughs. She's such a fairytale teller.
David Jason as one of the Fire Brigade Union boys looks on in horror from his tent and says....

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Mumsnet mods delete any threads critical of basically anyone in the public eye, mainly because so many Mumsnetters are prissy Head Girl types who hit the Report button at the merest hint of bitching. Especially considering how a lot of them just think of Jack as being a poor vulnerable single mother who isn’t deserving of being called out for anything. If you even accuse her of having mental health issues you’ll get deleted.
this
other forums have untouchables, where if you start a thread about them it gets deleted. That’s how I ended up here, during the schof stuff.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
She always does self catering apartments when she travels too. Wasn't she bragging about cooking for guests in her and a Mrs J's hotel room once using just a kettle or something? Or did I dream that given the number of us who have now experienced JM in dream form?
Hey, so here is a FUN thing - at the foodbank we've recently started putting aside certain things that only require a kettle/don't use any utensils/can last for ages for people who are in hotels/temp accom where they don't have a tin opener, a consistent supply of mugs or anything more than a spoon etc etc blah blah.
If by any chance Jack was a campaigner or activist maybe they could use some of their Edinburgh pop up kettle restaurant expertise to help others.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
I don't believe we ever found out the real reason for the Edinburgh trip. It was odd as tuppence. She wanted everyone to think it was a total spur of the moment trip on a whim and she was never going home because she's *craAaAzZy* and just a little pixie going where the wind blows her but in reality she probably had a reason to be there and always planned to go home a couple of days later. Sigh
I am of the opinion it was supposed to be her honeymoon.
Makes sense. Would have already been booked. At the time it was the height of the LOOK AT ME LOUISA era and nothing is more Jack like than doing something to spite someone.
If she had gone on a whim to escape everything she would've gone for a bit of a mooch and done a bit of tourist stuff. If I remember correctly she went to Sainsbury's and a burger bar (chain or otherwise)
Then she took photos of slop with her tongue.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Well, I suppose I'm trying to go with the mantra of 'would I say this to the person's face' and, no, I wouldn't take the piss out of someone's clothing.
Grunka-ing so sorry if this is inserted at an innapropes time (ooh-er etc), but if one of my mates showed up dressed like Del Boy I absolutely would take the piss out of them to their face. Same as I would tell someone they are an absolute catfish for facetuning all their pics beyond recognition. If she wants to be an influencer (which she clearly does) then she’ll know that not everyone will enjoy her ‘fashion’ choices. Also she’s a knob and her outfits are horrendous I mean really.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I was just idling about YouTube there, my appetite whetted by Glasto Jack when I chanced upon Jack delivering a speech to the South London Peoples Assembly. I was hoping to HOOT but actually find myself unexpectedly furious.

During the now familiar litany of no lightbulbs, cereal and water and no heating we get Jack telling the assembled crowd:

"...we're doing OK so no one is going to take my son away now but if anyone knew how we were really living...my son would have been taken into care. And that's one of the things this authoritarian government wields over us, you can't complain too loudly about how bad things really are because you will lose your children."

I can't imagine what would possess anyone to spread such a damaging and dangerous lie. As it's Jack I'll just assume it's to draw attention to herself. There is not a cat in hells chance of social work taking a child away solely because of a benefits issue. The family would be directed to welfare rights, food banks and other charitable support. The idea that a Tory government won't pay decent benefits but will splash out the thousands of pounds it take to keep a child in care in nonsensical. She does this all the time, what is her problem with highlighting the help that is available to people and encouraging people to access it, rather than telling people that if anyone finds out they're poor snatch squads will come and take their children. She really is evil.

ETA: Link
For the sake if my blood pressure I am not even going to watch that.

Everytime someone on here says that Jack is at risk of losing her son I pop up to say what rubbish that is. And now I find Jack is chatting tit about social workers snatching your children.

Everything you said above and a child of foster carers she should know out of everyone there are not exactly people queing up to foster and there isn't the money to pay for them.
L

I think it must be another sly dig at her parents..

• Sad
Reactions: 46
He was previously at The Guardian and then Newsnight Editor, but he is now at Channel 4 as Director of Programmes. LC has only so much social capital to use up before having to ask herself some very serious questions, and maybe make some choices between her personal and professional life.
Thanks, I hadn't realised he had moved on to C4. Should have googled before posting false info. Sorry Vlad!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I am of the opinion it was supposed to be her honeymoon.
Makes sense. Would have already been booked. At the time it was the height of the LOOK AT ME LOUISA era and nothing is more Jack like than doing something to spite someone.
If she had gone on a whim to escape everything she would've gone for a bit of a mooch and done a bit of tourist stuff. If I remember correctly she went to Sainsbury's and a burger bar (chain or otherwise)
Then she took photos of slop with her tongue.

I concur. It seemed like it was already booked somehow. It was just days after the kitten. All very odd

Reactions: 19
I see ickle smol cockney urchin Jack scurrying through that article. Lots of reinforcement of the smol pixie throughout but no mention of poverty!

Re SB's handwriting I'm sure that many tweets ago, possibly the one about whether to send him to grammar school, mentioned that he is dyslexic. Also the impact of lockdown on both a child's social and academic skills has been tremendous. Historically boys struggle more with literacy at that age too. The handwriting is nice and if it's SB's then I hope he has all the support he needs. I hope he gets to try his dream burger one day. As a vegan I would reccomend the oomph burger but realistically grass fed high welfare beef would probably be what he wants and needs compared the cheap low welfare grease laden sausages.
So she said her son is dyslexic, but then starts a kicking contest over hhim reading David Wailliams.

If he is dyslexic, shouldn't she be crying with joy because he is reading anything?

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Can't watch it right now but I honestly feel like she says all this melodramatic crap to hurt her parents. Just my idle speculation of course. She wants to torment them with the thought that while they were fostering other children, their own grandson was on the brink of going into care. Again, just my idle speculation based on what I have read.
I know I’m rewinding a few pages here but this is SO TRUE! Just think - her entire career from 2013 (?) to the present is based upon starving Jack, more jam please Mummy, sold all my belongings, no lightbulbs... all while her mum and dad were living around the corner.

Everyone who knows Jack’s parents will know this. Jack really wants her parents to come out of this badly. It’s impossible for them to be covered in glory. There must have been whispers about how did they not know, how did they not help.

She must have SO much resentment about being the bio child of professional foster parents. I reckon she probably did struggle to get her parents’ attention when she was a child/teen. Now she’s going to spend the rest of her life punishing them for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Babe, same! 😂 I thought @SoulRebel was about to treat us to a "traazers" type tale!

That article is just peak Jack Cringe isn't it?! 😬

Don't see anything remarkable about that espresso maker either, I've camped a lot and you see people with an array of different equipment 🤷. I've seen people whipping out paella pans and all sorts, noone stops to stare in amazement, or points and laughs. She's such a fairytale teller.
On the subject of camping equipment we go to a motorbike rally every year and one of our friends bikes almost 200 mile each way, sets up his tent and camping stove then brings out a China cup and saucer which has been carefully packed in his panniers, nothing comes as a surprise

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I think it's kind of odd to take food and drink to Glastonbury, personally. They've got so many really good food stalls it's just pointless unless you're planning on spending absolutely nothing when you're on site which knowing Jack was probably the reason, the absolute tightwad.
I agree, think we were lucky if we took some crisps for munchie moments if you catch my drift?

The fact SB reads for joy makes me doubt he’s dyslexic. My dyslexic child will do anything to not read and it’s certainly not for joy!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I agree, think we were lucky if we took some crisps for munchie moments if you catch my drift?

The fact SB reads for joy makes me doubt he’s dyslexic. My dyslexic child will do anything to not read and it’s certainly not for joy!
Most of my past festival experiences have involved activities that negate the desire for food except for choking down the odd cereal bar or banana in order to not starve to death :LOL:. When I was 18 I went to a 10 day festival in Italy and for some reason decided to only pack dried apricots...on the second day my friend told me she never liked dried apricots because they reminded her of old man earlobes and just like that I had no food supplies for the rest of the trip.

And I didn't really get into the SB spelling/handwriting thing because tbh it's not something i care about (but people can discuss whatever they want as long as they're not directly hassling her imo...i'll just scroll past when i'm not interested) but I didn't think his handwriting was that bad...some kids just don't give a tit about neat handwriting (my daughter included).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.