Jack Monroe #115 I can’t work out the timeline

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do people think will actually happen with our Jackie? I feel like any time there’s a chaos lull with her, chaos on the thread happens. Will she:
A: eventually get sprung by something bigger than the article and just disappear... maybe get a job and delete all Bootstrap related media
B: continue with her many, MANY ‘jobs’ but either gets someone to manage her SM/stops being so cringe and this thread fades into obscurity
C: she continues like this for ever and we have to weather the cycle of thread/Jack chaos for all eternity
I think C.

As talk about her is so closely moderated, such as on Mumsnet where any thread about her is swiftly Zapped - or on her own SM where anybody daring to be even slightly critical, is almost instantly blocked, there’s never any opportunity for the dear Squiggles to join up the dots, because she ensures that the dots are always too far from one another.

I’m hoping as time goes on, transparency rules are introduced regarding influencers and their income, but in a world evolving faster than the rules and laws to govern it - I think we’d need for there to be some very high profile cases to highlight the need for such transparency and the damage this sort of poverty cosplay and narcissist worship causes.

Perhaps, in time, JM will be that high profile case - but if she is exposed, I predict that she’ll disappear into obscurity, probably stacking shelves on the nightshift in Asda.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I used to love Mom, until I realised that when she talked about "Nursery food", she wasn't talking about the Little Cherubs Kindergarten, she meant the room at the top of the house, with Nanny.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
it's lovely, is what it is! had it for my breakfast this morning! think of it as a gentrified lorne. 🙂
Lorne is the tits! It's reminds me of breakfast at my Scottish Nanas & makes me smile🙂
It was more the brand name that had me confused.

Glasto Jack? I hadn't met her & bitterly regret wasting 2mins reading that shite. I had a full body shudder with the "Mornin' Boys" & then it got steadily worse...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I agree with those who draw the line at talking about the kid’s writing/spelling. I don’t like when big accounts put that stuff out there about their kids, and I think it shouldn’t really be up for public commentary. And practically speaking it could play into the “bullying” narrative JM likes to spout.

So much legitimate things to discuss like the INSANE face tuning, lying, grifting, her bullying, her victim complex etc etc.

I’m a sensitive (not morally superior) ninny so things about kids or bordering on mean girl stuff reminds me too much of high school witches lol. We all have our ideas about these things and I can appreciate we think about things differently—practically speaking I’m not sure it serves the coven. 🤷‍♀️

Oh also meant to say this earlier! bleep in America is a very bad word used only to describe women. It’s basically the vilest thing you can call a woman in the states. I use the word duck all the time, but it took me like 100 threads to get used to “the c word” here. 🤣I think I’ve since dropped the word a couple times in convos. Lol

Anyway hope I didn’t piss anyone off. I like that people chime in when something irks them here. Going back under the rock from which I came. 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 52
The thing is - every thing she posts: from her kid’s writing, to her food, to her bedroom, to her underwear - it’s her choice and she is posting it because she wants attention. She invites the commentary. There wouldn’t be comments on SB’s handwriting if she didn’t post a big picture of it. I don’t want to pick on someone’s child’s spelling as much as the next person - but she should stop posting it to her thousands of followers.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
I see both sides, poor kid might struggle with spelling or be dyslexic and that’s completely understandable. Trouble is she’s putting him in a position of that being put on a huge platform. It’s cute and posting it to a private account for family and friends; not a problem. She feeds us this tit too so we snap at it. Same with all influencers using their kids isn’t it, they’re the parent and are responsible for protecting their kid.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
The thing is - every thing she posts: from her kid’s writing, to her food, to her bedroom, to her underwear - it’s her choice and she is posting it because she wants attention. She invites the commentary. There wouldn’t be comments on SB’s handwriting if she didn’t post a big picture of it. I don’t want to pick on someone’s child’s spelling as much as the next person - but she should stop posting it to her thousands of followers.
I do wonder if she posted it in order to attract negative comment. I just think she's utterly cynical and might find it convenient to give the impression that people are being abusive towards her child at the moment. After all if you have doubts about someone, is bringing them up when vile internet bullies are harassing their child really the best time?

Reactions: 45
Having a go at Mom when he knew he was safe from a shin kicking because Jack is keeping her head down. The man's a coward!
Yeah, sorry mate - you can't have a pop at anyone if you're getting paid writing articles for the Sun...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
It definitely hits a nerve for me because I have SBs around her SB's age and I know how they would feel in her SB's position. Mine don't allow any photos posted online without prior approval, and I encourage that in them, because they have the right to privacy, and the right not to have every childhood moment splashed all over SM. They say and do lovely / funny / wtf things but I share those with family in private whatsapp groups, and even then I ask permission.

The internet can be a very dehumanising place.

Fair enough if she got his consent, but I doubt it.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I was just idling about YouTube there, my appetite whetted by Glasto Jack when I chanced upon Jack delivering a speech to the South London Peoples Assembly. I was hoping to HOOT but actually find myself unexpectedly furious.

During the now familiar litany of no lightbulbs, cereal and water and no heating we get Jack telling the assembled crowd:

"...we're doing OK so no one is going to take my son away now but if anyone knew how we were really living...my son would have been taken into care. And that's one of the things this authoritarian government wields over us, you can't complain too loudly about how bad things really are because you will lose your children."

I can't imagine what would possess anyone to spread such a damaging and dangerous lie. As it's Jack I'll just assume it's to draw attention to herself. There is not a cat in hells chance of social work taking a child away solely because of a benefits issue. The family would be directed to welfare rights, food banks and other charitable support. The idea that a Tory government won't pay decent benefits but will splash out the thousands of pounds it take to keep a child in care in nonsensical. She does this all the time, what is her problem with highlighting the help that is available to people and encouraging people to access it, rather than telling people that if anyone finds out they're poor snatch squads will come and take their children. She really is evil.

ETA: Link

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 97
I see ickle smol cockney urchin Jack scurrying through that article. Lots of reinforcement of the smol pixie throughout but no mention of poverty!

Re SB's handwriting I'm sure that many tweets ago, possibly the one about whether to send him to grammar school, mentioned that he is dyslexic. Also the impact of lockdown on both a child's social and academic skills has been tremendous. Historically boys struggle more with literacy at that age too. The handwriting is nice and if it's SB's then I hope he has all the support he needs. I hope he gets to try his dream burger one day. As a vegan I would reccomend the oomph burger but realistically grass fed high welfare beef would probably be what he wants and needs compared the cheap low welfare grease laden sausages.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Ah, Christ. I’ve not watched that before 😂

Love it when she tosses the lyrics printout aside with a casual, ‘New England? Cool. Don’t even need the words for that.’
And then proceeds to ask, while shiftily looking at the crowd, ‘On my own? On my own?’View attachment 338824
And even a "white van man" stopped to listen....wow, the idea that a working class oik listened to the feisty tattooed tiny lesbian sing instead of stomping her like all right wing, bigoted working class men usually do....it brings tears to my eyes. Of rage. Like the other prize specimen being blown away that working class men could use "poetic language" to describe the colour of his dog. So bloody patronising just like she was to sweet bashful Marcus who kept staring at his feet. My husband used to be a white van man and listened to Bach and Byrd with a copy of the FT on the dashboard. Working class people are not all caricatures who have to speak cockerney.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
It definitely hits a nerve for me because I have SBs around her SB's age and I know how they would feel in her SB's position. Mine don't allow any photos posted online without prior approval, and I encourage that in them, because they have the right to privacy, and the right not to have every childhood moment splashed all over SM. They say and do lovely / funny / wtf things but I share those with family in private whatsapp groups, and even then I ask permission.

The internet can be a very dehumanising place.

Fair enough if she got his consent, but I doubt it.
I totally agree with this. she makes him very vulnerable to bullies sharing so much. she is possibly the most embarrassing mother ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I hate this narrative. I’m not a SW but I know many. The threshold for removing a child is high. It is always preferred to work with the parent to improve the home life. They don’t just storm in and steal your child.
And yes they can signpost you for schemes, help and assistance if you are struggling.
And she grew up in a foster family, dear god.

Edit- incy is up to 111.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.