Jack Monroe #115 I can’t work out the timeline

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It isn't so much her tragic dress sense, it is the way she is so smug about the jacket that even I can see is horrible.

And I have no dress sense However hard I try I end up looking like a locum social worker.

I am not a social worker locum or otherwise.
It's okay @FrumpyCat - I'm reliably informed that I look like a substitute art teacher 😂
I am not.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Surely she's not going to skin those floppy old Asda bangers and make a burger with them? Hope for SB she's picked up something better 😕
You know she hasn't though 🙁

We do sausage meat patties sometimes, but I do only buy decent sausages. I've no idea what she's got against actual mince though. It's so often found in her beloved y/s section - especially the organic stuff as it's normally a bit pricey for a lot of people so ends up short dated.

I'll not take the piss out of his writing/spelling. My daughter's ranges from lovely and neat to deranged maniac on the same page. And if it's a quick little drawing she's writing on, it's always messy too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
For someone so timid and squeaky, she's so massively full of herself. Every word is designed to say...."aren't I brilliant?"... without actually saying it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Have we got her as band member on the list of jobs? Warning she’s attempting to sing, but just before this gig...she lost her voice! Shocker, Jack gets ailment before work 🙄
This was her pre-glasto set, she was just a humble busker. Her voice over is posh jack, meets Billy and it’s awwwright geeeza!
Ah, Christ. I’ve not watched that before 😂

Love it when she tosses the lyrics printout aside with a casual, ‘New England? Cool. Don’t even need the words for that.’
And then proceeds to ask, while shiftily looking at the crowd, ‘On my own? On my own?’
3FD3D26F-05C9-4B4A-B764-A52AD03E0640.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 35
What do people think will actually happen with our Jackie? I feel like any time there’s a chaos lull with her, chaos on the thread happens. Will she:
A: eventually get sprung by something bigger than the article and just disappear... maybe get a job and delete all Bootstrap related media
B: continue with her many, MANY ‘jobs’ but either gets someone to manage her SM/stops being so cringe and this thread fades into obscurity
C: she continues like this for ever and we have to weather the cycle of thread/Jack chaos for all eternity

• Haha
Reactions: 34
What do people think will actually happen with our Jackie? I feel like any time there’s a chaos lull with her, chaos on the thread happens. Will she:
A: eventually get sprung by something bigger than the article and just disappear... maybe get a job and delete all Bootstrap related media
B: continue with her many, MANY ‘jobs’ but either gets someone to manage her SM/stops being so cringe and this thread fades into obscurity
C: she continues like this for ever and we have to weather the cycle of thread/Jack chaos for all eternity
I think we'll remain in this quite boring phase for a while because she's had a fright with The Scotsman article. It was easy to dismiss us as vile trolls but when actual journalists start sniffing around it's another story. She won't be able to keep it up forever so I suspect we'll get a big attention seeking chaos at some point. I am actually expecting another Twitter flounce (and clean up job) but essentially until she gets a wealthy sugar mummy or very lucrative, life changing gig I think we're stuck with her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
I think and hope that she’ll get married and just settle down. Then she’d be looked after and not have to shake her jar at people, maybe have a few pet projects that would be mildly irritating but not harmful. Just bob along quietly like she was a few years ago.

ETA - I got chastised for this before, i’m not saying people can’t be happy alone and look after themselves, but Jack obv. can’t and that’s ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Wait wait wait!!! In Bonny Scotland, square sausage is a thing! The question, when ordering a roll n sausage, is often "link or square". There's Lorne Sausage too, which is a more ....porky.... square sausage. 😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Wait wait wait!!! In Bonny Scotland, square sausage is a thing! The question, when ordering a roll n sausage, is often "link or square". There's Lorne Sausage too, which is a more ....porky.... square sausage. 😂😂
Please, don’t bring up lornsagne.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Yeah but this one is called squig

• Haha
Reactions: 28
She had a great chance to get some high quality protein in the boy in the form of lean beef mince, and instead she chose salty, processed meat as well as the bacon on the burger. There’s just no excuse for it. She already said that she’s not poor. Stop being a tight bleep, freeze the sausages for another time to put in a ragu or something, and get him a proper bleeping burger, Jack.

Poor little sod.
She took an espresso machine to Glastonbury?
Bit strange considering she doesn’t drink coffee 🤷‍♀️

Actually I could have just stopped that sentence at “bit strange” couldn’t I? 😂
Where the fook are the plugs? Any festival I went to had no ducking plugs?! 😳

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
This is one of my favourite Jack articles! 'morning boys' makes me die. Also this bit where she gets angry and defensive at the thought of people possibly thinking she's fancy for taking a proper espresso maker to a festival.
I thought she wasn't a chef so who did she take with her then?

ETA beaten to it, and again, and again....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
It was the second part of her insta story accidentally put on twitter. It never actually got put on instagram so that’s now disjointed. Maybe she meant to cross post? Radio silence on twitter. Very odd.
I cannot wait until she gets fleeting. I am LITERALLY on the edge on my seat waiting for her first fleet.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.