Jack Monroe #115 I can’t work out the timeline

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
why even bother buying another blazer when she has a perfectly good one in her wardrobe
Pie Jesus!!
What a corker of a picture. I wonder how many times she wore those jeans to the weekly pilgrimage to Asda.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Slopbot is giving Stirling service

My latest creation is edamame, kosher salt and nutmeg bannock. I absorbed it randily at a flummox and THAT MAN declared it the best ever.

😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

My latest creation is edamame, kosher salt and nutmeg bannock. I absorbed it randily at a flummox and THAT MAN declared it the best ever.

😂
Hahaha!
'At a Flummox..' That's done me!
Sounds like a meeting Scandinavian people attend to make sure they're not too closely related before marrying.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
why even bother buying another blazer when she has a perfectly good one in her wardrobe
this era 😂 remember when she told us she uses fashion as a means of investment, something that usually requires a thorough understanding of fashion history and uno, taste...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
That 50p jacket is horrible. She's short so it will be too long on her. I agree with sustainable fashion, annd wearing well made things from charity shops.... but this looks ugly and I reckon smells musty, of fags or mothballs.
I feel like she is going to wear it with the sleeves rolled up like Don Johnson, also! 😂

ETA: I promise I hadn't seen this pic before my Don Johnson sleeves comment 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 28

😂
Please tell me that bannock was a random inclusion and she's never actually offered a bannock recipe. That would be new levels of cultural appropriation.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
i thought you'd love this outfit when i posted it, dear heart
If I didn’t love this worm so much that dining room chair upholstery fabric trouser would be a new DP 😂

It’s so mad that she’s pulled in £100k+ annually for however many years now and yet all of this has occurred.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
OK guys you were right, she has confirmed that it was 99p original price!

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 13.10.23.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
i don't care what anyone else says i'm a charity shop price tag truther - i simply don't believe it!
I know we should probably stop talking about this however I will say that if I had found that for 99p I'd be keeping it well quiet, not @/ing in the charity shop she got it from, as I'd assume it was some kind of labelling mistake.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
i don't care what anyone else says i'm a charity shop price tag truther - i simply don't believe it!
Me neither, a Nicole Fahri blazer would cost about 4 or 5 hundred pounds new and charity shop workers aren't stupid.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Hello national charity! I’m tagging you in so that’s me promoting you!
I donated less than a quid in one of your shops, yes they had undervalued their stock!
FFS

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
I couldn’t really give a duck how much it cost but it does show why she so often looks like she fell into a fancy dress box, or like a stay at home mum re-entering the workforce after 15 years - she’s snared in by labels over aesthetics.

99p or not, that is a demonstrably fugly jacket, and Jack simply does not have a wardrobe which matches that boxy, minimalist Nicole Farhi look.

Same with her house: sometimes the cost of high end items pays off and looks classy (see: entire Cotswold catalogue a la Rachel Green at Pottery Barn) and sometimes it looks like a homeware bargain bin at TK Maxx (all that pastel pink cooking tit 🤢).

Grifted money can’t buy you taste.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.