Jack Monroe #115 I can’t work out the timeline

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello national charity! I’m tagging you in so that’s me promoting you!
I donated less than a quid in one of your shops, yes they had undervalued their stock!
FFS
She really got one over on the *checks notes* British Heart Foundation, didn't she? Well done, Jack!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
h
I couldn’t really give a duck how much it cost but it does show why she so often looks like she fell into a fancy dress box, or like a stay at home mum re-entering the workforce after 15 years - she’s snared in by labels over aesthetics.

99p or not, that is a demonstrably fugly jacket, and Jack simply does not have a wardrobe which matches that boxy, minimalist Nicole Farhi look.

Same with her house: sometimes the cost of high end items pays off and looks classy (see: entire Cotswold catalogue a la Rachel Green at Pottery Barn) and sometimes it looks like a homeware bargain bin at TK Maxx (all that pastel pink cooking tit 🤢).

Grifted money can’t buy you taste.
i have to disagree - Jack Monroe is a style icon

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
h

i have to disagree - Jack Monroe is a style icon
Credit where it's due. It's great she managed to make use of the old curtains she took down to make way for the William Morris jobs that she was getting paid in for a while. OK the outfit is not to my taste but much better than sending them to landfill. Little Greta would be very impressed.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I'll never shop at BHF after I tried to donate my sofa to them. They turned up, up-ended the sofa, saw a pen mark on the base (not the covers) and refused to take it and left it in the middle of my living room!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I have 3kg of frozen toast in my freezer, does anyone have any ideas on what I could do with it?
Bung it in a curry.
Piss and a sandwich Quiche
Achioade Egg and mincemeat toastie
Sew it up and make it into a massive oven glove so you can hold on to cold griddle pans full of pineapple

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I know we should probably stop talking about this however I will say that if I had found that for 99p I'd be keeping it well quiet, not @/ing in the charity shop she got it from, as I'd assume it was some kind of labelling mistake.
If I saw that jacket, regardless of the price I’d leave it there.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
View attachment 337954

Nice day at school, Jack? Did you get any homework? Now tidy your room.
“Mom I’m back from work experience, what’s for dinner?”
“Oh jack, you know you’re the cook around here. Why don’t you rustle up some of that lentil, peach and undercooked sausage slop we all love? How was your day?”
“A really, really long day. I was there 33 minutes. And they were mean to me. But I got to wear my 49p blaaaazar at last!”
“Oh honey that’s great. You must have bought that 25 years ago.”

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.