Jack Monroe #115 I can’t work out the timeline

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I volunteer at a charity shop 🔺that tries to price things on the cheap side and there is no way we’d sell a jacket for 99p starting price. Jackets and dresses are usually priced at £4.99 but high end stuff like this may get an extra quid or two slapped on. To be that cheap it must be in bloody poor condition - although I’m suspicious as if it was so bad as to be priced at 49p (it wasn’t snapped up at 99p??!) it would in all likelihood have gone in the recycling bin.
It was 9. 99

Reactions: 14
50p! it's been a long time since you could buy a jacket in a charity shop for 50p. I think Jack needs to go sit on that designated bench and have a long hard think about how she could improve her lies.
To be fair she didn’t say when she bought it. It could have been 1987

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I should imagine the price of the jacket is irrelevant. For what charity could in all conscience take a penny from ickle suffering Jack. I'm sure she's regularly approached in "thrift stores" by a tearful assistant who sidles up whispering "here little one, cancer can wait. You RENT so your need is much greater than ours. Keep your money for jam and political prisoners".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
How easy would it be to just use the price tag from another, cheaper piece of clothing, for the benefit of taking a picture.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
How easy would it be to just use the price tag from another, cheaper piece of clothing, for the benefit of taking a picture.
Or from something like a toast rack, bongo drum or saucepan recently pictured?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I should imagine the price of the jacket is irrelevant. For what charity could in all conscience take a penny from ickle suffering Jack. I'm sure she's regularly approached in "thrift stores" by a tearful assistant who sidles up whispering "here little one, cancer can wait. You RENT so your need is much greater than ours. Keep your money for jam and political prisoners".
Yup, it's not as important as yellow stickered food for the people who need it but boasting about charity shop bargains when you spunk £1000s on Cotswolds and £100s on Nike trainers, Westwood pieces, Burberry trench coats, etc ad infinitum isn't right.

Of course charity shops are for everyone but she has what seems like a ridiculous amount of clothes (and stuff) already. Did she really need that blazer? Could it have gone to someome who actually did? E.g. someone on a low income going for a job interview?

• Heart
Reactions: 38
why even bother buying another blazer when she has a perfectly good one in her wardrobe
😱 total dogs dinner! Mind you I guess it matches the food, you couldn’t pay me to wear that! Nor to eat her slop

Post 541 wonder where she got the label from? 🤔

blimey, she’s got some right shockers there

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
BHF is, in my experience, a pricier charity shop. the big charity shops also routinely sift out designer items for ebay.

now I'm not saying that tag has been pulled off another item and placed there... but I am suspicious 🧐
I concur 🧐 It does indeed appear that the price tag has been pulled off something else and placed there - if not the price tag goes straight through the back of the jacket (potentially leaving a hole), would usually be attached to a label or a seam

Reactions: 19
I still really want to think that she's pulled the tag off something like a vest BUT the code on a charity shop tag means the date it was put out, doesn't it?

so this fugly blazer has been knocking around the shop since February on the sale rail with the other tit no bugger wants, waiting for some sucker to buy it just cos of the label. enter jack. 🥴

20201207_115511.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Am I the only one who couldn't give a tit about the price of the jacket?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I couldn't give a flying duck about the jacket, but the tag does go through the label (just below the N).

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.