Jack Monroe #115 I can’t work out the timeline

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Noooooooooooo parsnips and sprouts are the best bits of Christmas dinner (for me at least). Ditch the pigs in blankets (what are they for?) and add more veg, cauliflower with cheese sauce, butternut squash and leeks.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Blend it in its defrosted juices and serve up as a wheaty porridge. There's practically no difference between that and oats. I once served it to some top restaurant critics and they declared it the best breakfast ever 🥰
Perhaps with a raw egg on top? To make it extra unctuous

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
I could eat that whole bag of sprouts to myself, way too few. Do they do a vegetarian/vegan one? I know they do regular veggie food boxes because I’ve had one and it’s pretty good. I’d be interested to see what’s in a veggie Christmas dinner box.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
OH MY GOD - I can’t believe you replied!! Thankyou so much, I can’t wait to tell one of my therapists (I have three on speed dial), they’re always talking about you! I had a go at the recipe last night but must have been doing something wrong. The beans didn’t seem to work in my toaster? Maybe this recipe was a little advanced for me? Is there one more basic? Anyway I took a picture. Thanks again for all you do. I put all my savings in the tip jar, hope it will buy you some butter 💕
Ah I see the issue! It’s branded beans, the recipe was costed with smart price ones. The sauce composition must be different. Also your toaster looks too nice.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Ah I see the issue! It’s branded beans, the recipe was costed with smart price ones. The sauce composition must be different. Also your toaster looks too nice.
Ahhhh thanks, I didn’t realise they were supposed to be branded beans, no wonder they wouldn’t fit. Might be helpful to include that in the recipe next time @Boyo
As for the too nice toaster, I bought one as a friend’s wedding present and they sent two by mistake. They told me to keep the second one. Before that i was making toast on a log fire I built in the middle of my bathroom

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Untitled 7.png

Wonder what she's up to today. Not really showing the jacket very well in the photo. Just that it's a luxury brand.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Showed husband the griddle pan photo and he said “that‘s a cold pan” and reminded me of the time he dropped a blazing hot griddle pan into our (plastic) sink and melted it because the heat of the handle was burning him through the tea towel he was using.
Also I have bad tennis elbow at the moment and that photo is making my eyes water.

• Wow
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.