Jack Monroe #114 i, slopbot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn’t she once talk about a psychiatrist making a home visit for diagnosis when she was a child?

I’m sure I read that here, with receipts.

It’s all either BS or private £££££££ practice.
Yes, all swept under the carpet by her parents and never talked of again from what I remember. Seems an odd situation. Who sent the doc to the house without parental involvement? Odd tale as ever

• Heart
Reactions: 37
@Walkdengirl slopbot.com for all your maverick cookery needs.

Unfortunately, Slopbot has turned into Stropbot tonight. I was trying to fix something (it's only displaying about half of all the words I've put into it) but instead I've broken it, accidentally saved over the previous file and also uploaded the broken version to the site so if it's not working, that's why. I'm trying to fix it (properly this time) but with 'neurodiverse' Jack being the only incarnation that rapidly approaches terminal insufferability for me, I don't think I have enough cigarillos on hand to deal with this tonight.

There is however some good news: the winner of the Mission Inn Star Award from The Sloppies receives a golden Slopbot!

golden slopbot.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
£3,000 😱!!! That’s a lot of cash...

I promise I’m not going to be a threads gone by bore but I’m sure it was you @heretoreaditall2019 who said on thread 1 that JM was possibly covered for private healthcare by “Mrs J” (shudders). If that was the case, I’m not sure it would cover an ADHD diagnosis but it could explain the speed of it - or maybe JM had/has enough money to splurge on sideboards, enough denim shirts to clothe her county and hammocks *and* pay for something like that.

Pure speculation M’Lord
She's loaded! Too short. But really, she's bleeping loaded and it's testament to her manipulation skills that she's even made us doubt the fact. But anyone who can live the life that she does, the long list of purchases and luxuries, the cosmetic treatments, the sheer comfort of being able to all put her feet up for the whole bleeping summer without a care in the world and in an apparent hard, covid-hit year, man she's loaded. She can't be anything else. One imagines that even the cabal would be blown away should they ever happen to discover how much money she is actually sitting on.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I'm already feeling fragile this week and this is starting to tip me over the edge again.

I score very highly on all publicly available tests for Inattentive ADHD and borderline autism. According to the NHS psychiatrist I saw I can't have ADHD because I'm not hyperactive... I have been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder due to - according to the answer to my complaint which I had to send via the Medical Director - my 'suicidal ideation' despite my having stated clearly to them that I have never been suicidal despite self-harming as a coping mechanism. My application for access to the autism diagnosis pathway was refused on the grounds that this had never been brought up during all the years I had attended various counselling etc despite the psychiatrist originally bringing it up and counselling never having helped a thing. I asked to see someone as antidepressants and counselling hadn't worked after 30 odd years! Compliance previously was also brought up as a black mark against me despite lateness and confusing dates, forgetting appointments etc being part of my problems.

I have been signed off work since February after an almost complete breakdown and Occupational Health insisting that my doctor signed me off. They then recommended that I be assessed for medical retirement. Another OH doctor did this as a paper exercise without talking to me and concluded that I wasn't fit for work but wasn't permanently unfit as with mental health assistance I could improve. That would be the mental health assistance that I have been fighting for years to access (I was given my diagnosis and discharged without even an explanatory leaflet or any contact information) and even got to the stage of seriously considering faking a high profile suicide attempt at the Road Bridge or wherever to get some help. If I go back to work, it will happen again and again and again if I cannot access the help that my local MH team are dead set against giving.

Yet twit can swan in to see her private doctor thanks to her money and buy herself a diagnosis and drugs to suit her pleas of she can't help it, despite the drugs which should supposedly control her behaviour.

I'm broken
I'm so sorry, this must be absolutely horrendous for you. Have a very distanced hug off me
The state of our mental health services are shocking at the mo.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
FRUGAL

bleeping
Ridiculous
Ungrateful
Greedy
hole
Liar

PS she's mentioning being "scarred" by poverty (it was a short time waiting for your benefits to come through, wise up Jack ffs) as she will use that as an excuse for the incessant tip jar rattling.
Also, as others have mentioned, when you are really affected by poverty, or even financially necessary very lean years, you typically don’t buy lots and lots of luxury goods (or find them in puddles). And certainly not to resell (lol) if times get tough again.

Now sometimes there is what could be considered “wasteful” spending when coming into money after poverty—handling finances can be a steep learning curve when you have more money than you ever had. However, that does not at all seem to be what’s happening here.

My parents were never extravagant, and very modest spenders. They never made a lot of money but were really wise with it—and that in itself is a privilege in a lot of ways- they weren’t trying to make up for anything. That definitely rubbed off on their kids and helped me a lot as a low income single mom.

Also when low income people spend extra money on what can seem frivolous to others, it’s often because the bigger things (a deposit for a home for instance) is so unattainable (and possibly not modeled by previous generations because poverty and “class” are generational as upward financial mobility in western capitalized society is practically impossible) that you want to treat yourself to small luxuries. That does not seem to be the case at all with Monroe. She feels she deserves wealth.

Sorry for the long rant! I don’t know how to do a spoiler!! 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 20.36.57.png

I mean, it's claims like this among her, "I'm so transparent, I'm Just Jack, that lovable scrap," that make her so flipping disingenuous

• Sad
Reactions: 35
Terminator squig if you're reading this I admire your body of work. Don't come after me!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Just pop to the shops on a different day then you loon!!! It'll be quieter on a Monday, after you've walked your son to school.

Everything has to be such a drama! Ffs

I'm genuinely thinking that her social media is written by a variety of different people, of varying ages. All the 70s references and dodgy timelines.
If she actually walks her son to school

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Giddy Jack yesterday, very very nice (but ADHD!) Jack today, what we saying for tomorrow? I'm gonna go with very down Jack. Very blue. The return of the husk x

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.