Jack Monroe #114 i, slopbot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Before I go on cabal members, I have to ask you to dig deep and help me out with....prayers for my ouchy mouth šŸ˜©. I had roots extracted a couple of hours ago and the anaesthetic is wearing off. A proper, legit ouchy mouth. I have my red lipstick on standby in case my lady doctor prescribes it.

I was thinking earlier when I was going through thread one, I bet you that when she announced the DKL gig she thought that come December 2020, she would be preparing for the showing of her own Christmas cookery special. A media darling, loved by blue tickers and plebs alike. Front cover of the Radio Times. Sheā€™d have seen all us trolls, conspiracy wankers and ninnies off with fleas in our ears. Pahahahaha šŸ˜‚

This ā€œIā€™ve done a crazy because Iā€™m autistic and have ADHDā€ bullshit gets to me the most I think. Because people are on that pathway or are waiting to be assessed or have just been diagnosed along with the millions of people who have these conditions and live their lives with it being the best people they can be (not all of them Iā€™m sure) and she pretty much pisses all over them by trying to use these conditions as an excuse for her shitey behaviour.

Sorry for #swearylenny

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 83
The ADHD stuff irritates me too...I concur with whatā€™s already been said and I canā€™t improve upon it.
i have ADHD but being in my 50s i approach the idea of medication with extreme caution . Iā€™ve tried the medication and itā€™s amazing, my brain becomes so focused and alert ....itā€™s like the medication ā€œtunes the fuzzy TVā€ if that makes sense.
However I am aware these drugs are stimulants and so I tend not to use them..in fact havenā€™t taken any for the past year.
I am aware of the drawbacks of ADHD but I also have amazing abilities which o wouldnā€™t have without it. Iā€™m a very creative thinker for example and good at thinking sideways and seeing stuff others donā€™t.
I have an irrational fear of being late so am always stupidly early....I also found myself nodding in understanding about the person described who always gave in course work early. Thatā€™s me too.

Tbh I am not sure if Jack has ADHD (I can see traits in her) or some kind of personality disorder. Thereā€™s definitely something there though which makes her pretty much unemployable.

oh and GQ magazine...Jack is NOT and never has been ā€œa chefā€. You insult every single trained chef out there by describing her as such. Also the only actisim she indulges in is feathering her rented nest by outright lies designed to manipulate people into giving her money,

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Hmmmm interesting. Any idea what she means by deactivate? Her twitter account? The story? Anyway, being this cryptic must be driving Jack up the wall... šŸ‘€

View attachment 334540
Unlike 24 hour 7 days a week Jack, Laura frees herself of SM each weekend. So she closes down twitter and spends time with her family x

ETA - soz I see others have already said this

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Sorry, off topic, but thank you to those of you who have spoke about your ADHD so frankly. Iā€™ve long suspected it in myself and am considering seeing someone about it in the new year. Youā€™re all ace. ā¤

On topic - I still love Slopbot. Hoots and fizzes aplenty.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
A couple of quid šŸ˜ it all adds up doesnā€™t it?
Also really enjoying a clothes warehouse in Bangladesh tweeting Jack pairs of really boring trousers to Jack with no context šŸ˜‚

B7A5CF15-F1A5-4FF5-87FE-49839CAA8FBD.jpeg
C17A6088-720D-4B6B-AC77-7A1B484B7DE9.jpeg
A5AC5EA8-CECC-47C4-8A13-8928EF7D9B98.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
A couple of quid šŸ˜ it all adds up doesnā€™t it?
Also really enjoying a clothes warehouse in Bangladesh tweeting Jack pairs of really boring trousers to Jack with no context šŸ˜‚

View attachment 334617View attachment 334618View attachment 334619
But why, just WHY would someone pay 2 quid for being told to mix a pack of sausages, a tin of baked beans and some ketchup? How bleeping stupid are they, and why not just save the 2 quid and put it towards a proper bolognese?? Simpletons.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
But why, just WHY would someone pay 2 quid for being told to mix a pack of sausages, a tin of baked beans and some ketchup? How bleeping stupid are they, and why not just save the 2 quid and put it towards a proper bolognese?? Simpletons.
Please tell me that isnā€™t the actual recipe :sick:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
"Fund the research and creation of new recipes" I THOUGHT EVERYTHING SHE COOKED WAS PERFECT FIRST TIME AND NEEDED NO TWEAKS? Therefore she doesn't need to be funded for it. No further questions, m'lud. *shuffles papers*
Her research is expensive because she has to buy an M&S version of something first to poke her fingers into it see how to make it because she is TOO MAVERICK to google recipes.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
This is just from my own experience but my nephew as ADHD and he's been taught to budget his money so that it will last him until his next pay day. ( Like we all were growing up, of course occasionally we all duck up and skint ourselves for a few days,) he manages to stick to his budget. I don't get how/ why she finds it so hard. You have X amount, most bills are pretty stagnant so work out outgoings and divide by how long it is till next pay. It's not always easy but it's not rocket science either.

Reactions: 20
Please tell me that isnā€™t the actual recipe :sick:
Give or take tomatoes and a bit of sauce which, surely, must go without saying when making a bolognese...

8 sausages, 40p (Asda Smart Price 20 sausages, 99p)

410g baked beans, 23p (23p/410g, Smart Price at Asda)

400g chopped tomatoes, 29p (29p/400g, Smart Price at Asda)

440g Bolognese sauce, 42p (42p/440g, Smart Price at Asda)

2 tbsp tomato puree or ketchup, 2p (38p/500g, Asda)

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.