Jack Monroe #114 i, slopbot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmmmm interesting. Any idea what she means by deactivate? Her twitter account? The story? Anyway, being this cryptic must be driving Jack up the wall... 👀

View attachment 334540
She’s said she deactivates her SM every weekend to give herself a break from it, then reactivates on Monday. Not a bad idea! Jack should definitely try it.

Reactions: 23
A couple of quid 😐 it all adds up doesn’t it?
Also really enjoying a clothes warehouse in Bangladesh tweeting Jack pairs of really boring trousers to Jack with no context 😂

View attachment 334617View attachment 334618View attachment 334619
How can that sausage abomination make 10 portions? There's only 8 sausages (cheap tit ones too) so that is four fifths of a tiny sausage, a tenth of a tin of beans and a tenth of a jar of sauce, per portion.

14p a miniscule portion with nothing to serve it with, no pasta, no garlic bread, no side salad, nothing. He was 8 at the time, that portion size wouldn't fill a two year old.

What is really laughable is she uses a jar of ready made bolognese sauce to make, wait for it, bolognese! 😂 I have a recipie for chicken curry, it involves buying chicken and a jar of ASDA curry cooking sauce. Would you like to put a couple of quid in my tip jar?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 60
That ADHD graphic she put on twitter is really irritating.

I don't suffer from it personally, but I have a really good friend who has been diagnosed for >20 years now. He's a smart, successful social butterfly - always lights up a room, never has anything bad to say to anyone. If he thinks he's upset you he'll apologise immediately. More than a few times I've seen him ask someone to go for a coffee or for a walk if he sees they're upset. In other words, he's a lovely, perfectly normal human being. He's the polar opposite to so many of the things listed there, and it upsets me that because he has a diagnosis someone only seeing that graphic would label him as this unemployable, anxious, mood swinging person who'll always be late and forgetful. People are way more than a diagnosis.
I’m always, always, lady last minute. Nearly always late. Disorganised mess etc. You won’t find anything meticulous about me lol

• Heart
Reactions: 19
This is just from my own experience but my nephew as ADHD and he's been taught to budget his money so that it will last him until his next pay day. ( Like we all were growing up, of course occasionally we all duck up and skint ourselves for a few days,) he manages to stick to his budget. I don't get how/ why she finds it so hard. You have X amount, most bills are pretty stagnant so work out outgoings and divide by how long it is till next pay. It's not always easy but it's not rocket science either.
Yes this is a key skill. my son is approaching 18 and I am just beginning to trust him with some money. Like me he can be impulsive but in his case it’s gaming. So we have an agreement that I will buy any in game purchases (within reason) and the money in his account pays for lunches and social stuff. He’s autistic so he needs some supervision with it all still.

When I pay bills I include him in how I make decisions....so rent and council tax (pay the roof over your head first) and then the other bills.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
How can that sausage abomination make 10 portions? There's only 8 sausages (cheap tit ones too) so that is four fifths of a tiny sausage, a tenth of a tin of beans and a tenth of a jar of sauce, per portion.

14p a miniscule portion with nothing to serve it with, no pasta, no garlic bread, no side salad, nothing. He was 8 at the time, that portion size wouldn't fill a two year old.

What is really laughable is she uses a jar of ready made bolognese sauce to make, wait for it, bolognese! 😂 I have a recipie for chicken curry, it involves buying chicken and a jar of ASDA curry cooking sauce. Would you like to put a couple of quid in my tip jar?
I just costed it on the Asda website and it was £2.33 for the ingredients and a total of 1582 calories.
23p per portion which gives 158 calories. I didn’t factor in puree/ketchup.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
There is a stand up comedian called Bethany Black who talks about her diagnosies on stage, she’s is also on the National Autistic Soc website being interviewed. I would advise any frau or Herr who might want an irreverent laugh to check her out. I won’t give away her lines but she has one SO appropriate!!!!!
she is very good on Twitter too, very self aware and interesting. Steps away from the keyboard for her own sanity sometimes too.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.