Jack Monroe #114 i, slopbot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We need to make a Jack Monroe iceberg. The persona she presents to the public verses all the tit you find when you scratch the surface.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Ugh!!! The charm offensive before the rattle of the jar and the accusations of bullying. Daylight Nobbery!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Re ADHD "I am not a spokesperson, I just talk about it sometimes."

Sometimes? Every day. Also every time she cocks something up, everytime she is called out, everytime she misses a deadline, everytime she wants money, everytime she is challenged, everytime she wants attention, every damned day. Tedious, lying grifter.

No wonder she can't sustain a relationship, she is a gaslighting emotional sponge, needing constant attention, compliments and affirmation.

She is getting to me again. Why do I let her?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Is all this her "explanation" about the streaking last night? Delete the tweets and blame a medical condition.
As has been said, many of us here have invisible ailments but don't need to use them as excuses for everything. She's 32 going on 14. Step away from Twitter, Jack.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Ickle smol Jack to her followers, shameless grifter at best (or evil animal abusing thief at worst) to us. She isn't even convincing in her attempts at cosplaying being an ADHD or autism sufferer. It's just a game to her. I wonder what BB Louisa thinks of the article. Remember she tweeted about Jack inventing healthy start vouchers? I am constantly torn between thinking she is complicit in some of Jack's nonsense or she is a victim.
Complicit. Definitely complicit.

I think she enables Jack.

Reactions: 38
Whatever ailment or condition she has, she says "this is what it is like to have X, this is what it is like to have Y". She never acknowledges that people experience these things differently.
And she does this while also saying, almost invariably in a separate tweet, that she isn't a spokesperson. It's the very definition of how to have it both ways - styling her experience as representative while giving herself a disclaimer to point to. She knows what she's doing.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Re ADHD "I am not a spokesperson, I just talk about it sometimes."

Sometimes? Every day. Also every time she cocks something up, everytime she is called out, everytime she misses a deadline, everytime she wants money, everytime she is challenged, everytime she wants attention, every damned day. Tedious, lying grifter.

No wonder she can't sustain a relationship, she is a gaslighting emotional sponge, needing constant attention, compliments and affirmation.

She is getting to me again. Why do I let her?
Please don't let her get to you xx She really rattled me last night, it was genuinely upsetting.
The thing about blaming adhd for lateness is particularly jarring. Adults with adhd tend to be the other way round. So paranoid about being late they are often early. A girl I work with has it and always hands in projects really early because shes so frightened of missing the deadline.

This is only my experience, not claiming to be an expert! But it just reeks of more bullshit from JM

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Instead of tweeting BB and the writer, I wish the squiggles would tweet the article to the Daily Mail. And the Guardian- they turn on their own.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Those two photographs are a few days apart. Look at the hair on the facetuned one, and then look at the hair of the Marcus video. I know I go on about her hair, my friend's teenager child has alopecia totalis, no hair whatsoever. No eyebrows, no eyelashes, no hair anywhere. Think of what they go through and then think of her self pitying woe is me my hair is coming out in clumps attention seeking Jack.

There's a children's alopecia self help group, and once a year they have a weekend away where all the kids ditch their wigs. It is so humbling to see girls and boys just being themselves away from taunting and teasing. The support and encouragement these children show each other is amazing. Children from as young as 5 up to teenagers, they are full of joy and happiness, no self pity about their situation at all. Jack has no idea, she makes me so angry.
Not to defend Jack but in the interest of accuracy, there are more than a few days apart between those photos as she filmed with Marcus before Manchester went into lockdown.

Reactions: 17
Instead of tweeting BB and the writer, I wish the squiggles would tweet the article to the Daily Mail. And the Guardian- they turn on their own.
Agree. It needs blown up a bit. Pitiful amount of likes and retweets for an important article, especially when you compare it to the drivel that the likes of Jack gets thousands of people retweeting

Reactions: 23
Please don't let her get to you xx She really rattled me last night, it was genuinely upsetting.
The thing about blaming adhd for lateness is particularly jarring. Adults with adhd tend to be the other way round. So paranoid about being late they are often early. A girl I work with has it and always hands in projects really early because shes so frightened of missing the deadline.

This is only my experience, not claiming to be an expert! But it just reeks of more bullshit from JM
I must admit, I have no experience of ADHD, no one I know has been diagnosed to my knowledge. I say this, because not everyone shouts it from the rooftops, every hour of every single day. I don't doubt that I have met people with ADHD, at my age it would be a miracle if I hadn't. People get on with their lives and tell people when it is appropriate for them to know. They do not let it define them.

This is why it is so annoying, if I didn't know better I could believe her and think that everyone with ADHD acts that way. If it weren't for these threads, and the honesty shown by you amazing Fraus, I would still have little to no understanding. I thank you all for allowing me to gain knowledge and some understanding of the condition. 🤗🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 46
That ADHD graphic she put on twitter is really irritating.

I don't suffer from it personally, but I have a really good friend who has been diagnosed for >20 years now. He's a smart, successful social butterfly - always lights up a room, never has anything bad to say to anyone. If he thinks he's upset you he'll apologise immediately. More than a few times I've seen him ask someone to go for a coffee or for a walk if he sees they're upset. In other words, he's a lovely, perfectly normal human being. He's the polar opposite to so many of the things listed there, and it upsets me that because he has a diagnosis someone only seeing that graphic would label him as this unemployable, anxious, mood swinging person who'll always be late and forgetful. People are way more than a diagnosis.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Not to defend Jack but in the interest of accuracy, there are more than a few days apart between those photos as she filmed with Marcus before Manchester went into lockdown.
Yes, I was pointing out the way in which it had grown back thick and strong. I wanted to compare it with the example of my friends teenage child that has no hair whatsoever. Yet Jack complains that she has thinning hair, which she hasn't. It wasn't about the rate of growth just the sheer thickness of her hair.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.