Jack Monroe #114 i, slopbot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was bulimic. I don't know anyone with bulimia or BED that would celebrate a binge like that. I think it's just her absurd use of language TBH.
I too find this odd to read, thought of three options:
a)this simply translates into 'my food is soooo good'
b)some friends who had an ED, in their case eating too little, always bragged how much they ate, stuffed their faces really...this reminds me of that when I read it
c) could be her imitating Nigella again who 'greedily' eats her own food (which I enjoy reading about)

Edit: For years I had an ED, too, so I have got some insight but of course could be completely off with my interpretation and don't want to be unsensitive to others.

• Sad
Reactions: 37
Hi all! I’ve had a mini Jack break, usually I’d skim through properly to catch up but I’m just going to jump back in. I was hoping she’d have had a miraculous change of personality but nah seems she’s still a twit.

I’ve gone back to thread 1 and I am HOOTING! This Bobby dazzler really got me - maybe THEN you didn’t read them and wade in for an argument but we all know that changed...
I remember when she tweeted that 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Just read the article! Wow! Finally... Has she read it yet I wonder?!
She’s definitely seen it.

Odds on that her contact at C4 news would have heard about it before it was published. Possibly why there was the 150+ tweetfest as a diversion the day before.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Hi all! I’ve had a mini Jack break, usually I’d skim through properly to catch up but I’m just going to jump back in. I was hoping she’d have had a miraculous change of personality but nah seems she’s still a twit.

I remember when she tweeted that 😂😂😂
Don’t tell me you’ve missed
the sloppies
slopbot
and the exposure article?

Reactions: 26
Off-topic: Yesterday's broken crockery parcel event made me cross again. She so harshly and in a heartless way calls people out, it is unreal. The cameras, the 'forensic skill' that she heard a noise of crockery breaking...the public rage...In a way I don't care about her personally, because I don't know her but I witness this kind of behaviour more often in others and the psychological make-up seems to be the same-someone who portrays herself as so weak and vulnerable but who jumps at people in an absolute harsh way and in return does not want to be criticised. Those delivery people do a really hard job. And they get so much tit from people. It is in their interest to NOT break goods, because....erm...they want to keep their jobs!!! So those accusations are vile.
Again, if you have worked in similar jobs, you should have an eye for that. It did not help that she declared she doesn't want to get the person fired- her behaviour still might contribute to it.

I find this style unacceptable and I had a friend (not my friend anymore) who is tit with service people, even wrote a review on a pub's website after staff got their order wrong once. This was a new pub and they had teething problems. Not for a moment did she consider what was at stake for the other person or the business. So this is a huge 'trigger' for me, although I am not fond of the term. To summarise: I can't stand our protagonist's double standards.

Off-topic 2:
How ridiculous that she even tried to declare us as a group of ableist people! It would be a bit difficult to find an entire group with people who are all NOT disabled or who don't have serious ailments that alter the quality of their lives. I have not witnessed any discriminating behaviour against any group and individuals here. And if that had been the case, I would not have spent one minute here. The more I have read about Frauen and Herren's lives, I have realised how compassionate, considerate, informed and kind everyone is.
What unites us is that we don't take crap and that we probably all have chosen to get on with life and its difficulties without being attention seeking, whiney and exploitative.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.