Jack Monroe #110 Hands up, who likes me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm absolutely skint as always but looky here, this expensive second hand or not, pristine, middle class as duck looking random chair would look amaze in my crappy, freezing cold RENTED flat. Tally ho, onward, just 2.9 more miles to push the old fucker

• Haha
Reactions: 55
So she wheeled this chair for an hour but can’t do daily small shopping trips?

Mother of god.
Back to professional Masterchef (old series) I go......

• Haha
Reactions: 31
What do we all think is in the colouring book of pointlessness this week? Wake up? Think about having an idea? Breathe?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Why would you say "About 3 miles if I recall correctly". No one cares how far away the shop is, why one earth would that be something she'd have to recall?

ETA oh I've just realised it's that extra detail which marks it out as a lie! She just can't help herself!
Right so nearest vintage stores seem to be about 10 miles away, unless she got it for 50p at Age Concern. C’est possible?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
My dad was the same. His doctors decided he'd do less damage to himself by drinking a moderate amount instead of swinging between cold turkey and insane amounts. When he died a couple of years ago, he was already missing one leg and they were considering amputating the other one. Diabetes, liver failure, heart problems, none of it stopped him from going back to the booze. His body basically gave up.
Big hugs to you @Pixieboots - it's absolutely awful to watch family go through addiction.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
She's so full of tit it's unreal. Why show the thing and then have to quickly get the shovel out to downplay the duck out of it. She MUST enjoy it, it's the only explanation

• Heart
Actually Jack, if you read your beloved Guardian as closely as you claim, you would realise it was Wells.

Stop being a smug twit. Salisbury is just the one people say when they don’t know any others.
Think she's attempting to make a 2 year old joke about the Russian spies cos she's not only dead funny but also has her finger on the pulse.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Just a few hours until she goes viral. Not the first virus this year, I bet hers will be just as unpleasant.

I can hardly contain my indifference.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I was just thinking - as I was boiling my potatoes, steaming my kale and carrots, and grilling my sausages for dinner - whether Jack has ever shown a meal/recipe where all the ingredients are whole on the plate, as in, not slop? Does Jack ever eat carrots as carrots, and greens as greens?

• Haha
She's going to boil those poor mussels to death isn't she? What's the point of putting a nice ingredient into yet another of her signature boring sloppy sauces? The mussels should SING Jack! Also I thought you were allergic to tomatoes?
I thought she was deadly allergic to shellfish.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.