Jack Monroe #110 Hands up, who likes me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honey, lemon, hot water and whisky. Sometimes ginger.
And apparently, butter, according to Jack (although no other fucker has ever included it)
Good for a cold
Also use a cheap whiskey. It really spoils an expensive one. Only Did it once never again and it was when we were out.

Ps my son saw the picture of the spaghetti hoops and asked me slightly concerned face why I was looking at pictures of mushed up brains. Jeez sorry petal. He does not know of your work.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Lollll I was going to ask why she had an outdoor coat over a chair in an upstairs bedroom.
lolll well spotted! It’s cos the back is studded like a Chesterfield so really recognisable. I only knew it cos my grandad had one.

Glad the coven are kind enough to give SB the privacy she won’t, can’t understand why she wouldn’t have put those pics in a nice multi frame or a cheap cork board? They clearly mean a lot to him & she’s got the cash to spare. She’s vile

It's like Changing Rooms in that crappy bungalow.
Publisher: Hi Jack, can we have a chat? Your scathing polemic on poverty/latest slop collection is now two months overdue......

We've been very patient but we're going to need some pages....

Jack: I moved my bedroom onto the roof!

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Lollll I was going to ask why she had an outdoor coat over a chair in an upstairs bedroom.
Pahahaha I was also trying to triangulate the expensive looking chair but didn’t know what they were called (mainly because they look like something Ron Burgundy would have in his house so why would an early-thirties RENTER have one?!) - thanks @heretoreaditall2019! That’s an obscene amount to spend on a chair. But tallies with Jack’s general haemorrhaging of cash.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
I'm behind but I HAVE THOUGHTS!

Mulled wine does NOT contain butter. No, no, no. I come from the land of mulled wine and no one, and I mean NO ONE puts butter in it. However, there is a lovely alcohol free version called 'Kinderpunsch'. It's apple or cherry juice (of half and half) heated up in a big saucepan with mulling spices (clove, cinnamon, maybe ginger, star anise or vanilla, too) and orange slices. Served with a ladle into mugs, it's the loveliest drink for daytime Christmas market visits.

Now, with regards to creating the flavour profile of brandy through the medium of sorrel, here's a snippet from www.spiceography.com

Flavor profile of sorrel
Given the origin of its name, it should not be surprising that sorrel is most notable for being sour. It has a strong acidic note that is the result of its oxalic acid content. Its intense acidity allows it to be used in salads in lieu of vinegar and is thought to make it ideal for pairing with eggs.

And the blurb from a bottle of Hennessy (other brands are available)

Candied orange, cherry and dark chocolate notes mingle with the vanilla and peppery spice of the casks, which are present in the long, warm finish.

You could have had your own house aged 15, had you only stuck to lard and squirty cream.
Hot mulled apple juice is lovely, makes a really good AF alternative. I have heard of butter being used to make buttered rum, which is a hot winter toddy type drink. Not in mulled wine though 😬.

Reactions: 21
It’s Jack, iirc a pic of them taken at her brothers wedding.
Sorry to be a huge bleeping weirdo but it was mentioned in one of the many articles her dad has been in that he and her mum renewed their vows a few years back. She clearly wore a white poofy dress for the occasion and had Jack as a bridesmaid.

I find it weird that she doesn’t have any photos with friends up 💁🏼‍♀️ she’s only 32. I get that my family aren’t close but she was wanking on when she invaded Tattle about what good people she has around her so like, why wouldn’t you have them in your sentimental montage?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Pahahaha I was also trying to triangulate the expensive looking chair but didn’t know what they were called (mainly because they look like something Ron Burgundy would have in his house so why would an early-thirties RENTER have one?!) - thanks @heretoreaditall2019! That’s an obscene amount to spend on a chair. But tallies with Jack’s general haemorrhaging of cash.
They are bleeping huge chairs too & super heavy, 4 kids used to be able to play on it. It’s funny she is like a kid playing dress up, I’d feel bizarre doing my day job sat in something from a bygone era 🥴

Reactions: 21
Hot mulled apple juice is lovely, makes a really good AF alternative. I have heard of butter being used to make buttered rum, which is a hot winter toddy type drink. Not in mulled wine though 😬.
Can confirm mulled apple juice is delicious. I want some now.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Not completely OT, but something just struck me..
I'm binge watching Nigella's Christmas specials at the mo (can thoroughly approve of this to take away boredom whilst wfh)
The one I'm watching now is , I think, the first one she did. Her kids are primary age.
I just realised that this must have been the first Christmas after her husband died. She's smiling and jolly. She must have been aching inside, but she's being a proffessional.
She's actually had some awful stuff happen in her life and still we've never had a public temper tantrum/meltdown on Twitter.
She had a cruel (and possibly narc) mother. Her husband and her sister both died of cancer. She was the (allegedly) victim of domestic abuse and (allegedly) coercive control. Nasty, public divorce. Dragged through court. Bankruptcy (or close to it)
Yet she comes across as warm and friendly.
Never complain, never explain kind of attitude.
OH AND I JUST GOOGLED HER AND SHE IS 61!!!!
Nigella is the best. Yes, she lived a privileged life but she had real tragedies too, and she always behaved herself with such dignity.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Sorry to be a huge bleeping weirdo but it was mentioned in one of the many articles her dad has been in that he and her mum renewed their vows a few years back. She clearly wore a white poofy dress for the occasion and had Jack as a bridesmaid.

I find it weird that she doesn’t have any photos with friends up 💁🏼‍♀️ she’s only 32. I get that my family aren’t close but she was wanking on when she invaded Tattle about what good people she has around her so like, why wouldn’t you have them in your sentimental montage?
I'd wager that, like the glow in the dark stars, they're photos her son had up that she's not taken down yet.

Reactions: 20
Chair 🔺

From £535 new. Also, very ugly.

A quick Google produces this for Hot Buttered Rum. (Note the author!!)

Turns out buttered wine is a thing. Unsurprisingly, not the thing JM thinks it is. https://mrbostondrinks.com/recipes/hot-buttered-wine

• Haha
  • Heart
Chair 🔺

From £535 new. Also, very ugly.
omg sorry for my false info on £1.3k! Hers is a legit Chesterfield, the base of the seat is identical. Well found frau.

Cue outrage that Miguel is allowed nice chairs and solids without interfering ninnies 😡

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.