Jack Monroe #110 Hands up, who likes me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A piece of furniture not from the Cotswold co? Has there been some sort of mistake? A glitch in the jatrix?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
That chair. She prob swings herself round on it shouting "you're bleeping fired!!!!!!" and imagining JO down on his knees pleading for another shot

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Ah the whole alcohol thing reminds me of another reason why I thought she was full of tit. It was when she said she was drinking 200 units of alcohol a week. So as not to 🔺 myself, I'm being vague but one of my relatives died a few years ago from organ failure because of alcoholism. They were drinking close to 300 units a week. They really wanted to stop (for obvious reasons) and so visited the GP who said they would have to drink about a third of what they were managing to drink a day, so as not to die (not sure of the exact science, but I know that when you're putting away that much booze on a daily basis, you have to be so careful when transitioning to being sober and, basically, you don't just stop). I'm really happy for her living a life as a sober person because that's the one thing I wish I could have changed about my relative's life - to be able to have given them another shot at the healthy, peaceful life they deserved. Lots of adults can have problems with using and abusing alcohol and drugs but I think people have a responsibility to be truthful about how deep that problem is/was.
My dad was the same. His doctors decided he'd do less damage to himself by drinking a moderate amount instead of swinging between cold turkey and insane amounts. When he died a couple of years ago, he was already missing one leg and they were considering amputating the other one. Diabetes, liver failure, heart problems, none of it stopped him from going back to the booze. His body basically gave up.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
second one from bottom? With the moustache?

wow. Not a great photo tbf...
Ah ok, apologies to all.
I genuinely thought that pic with the blurriness was a man holding SB.
I've put my glasses on and can agree it is a pic of Jack at her brother's wedding that she has very publicly shared with the entire world in the past.
I offer a new counterpoint to the cabal....
The pics show EVERYONE bar her foster siblings.

Oh and her brother and SBs father are not there either in the 'casually' plaved photos.
So not deliberately placed there for the cabal or anything ....

• Haha
Reactions: 17
We all have at least one in our lives don't we!

Mine is a girl I work with. She always bangs on about how she is such an empath and *feels* more than an average person. Just before she joined our company a very beloved workmate of ours passed away from cancer and this 'empath' would start crying when we talked about it even though she never knew her and it was so weird.

She is also one of those people who on a Monday will happily spend half an hour telling you about her weekend and not even once think about asking you anything back. Insufferable.
I too know someone like this - calls herself an empath but just wants to talk about herself for hours.

I told her a personal story that honestly it still hurts to talk about once (in the context of it was a similar situation to what she was saying she'd been through with a guy so i knew how she was feeling and was trying to explain what helped me) and she just made a kind of offensive comment towards me but in a jokey tone, before immediately segueing back to her sob story. After that I had her number.
The vonny-a-like colleague i mentioned in another thread also calls herself an empath all the time...
In before jack adds empath to her bio

I've met so many wonderful empathetic people, and they have a habit of focusing on others' good qualities and being far too humble downplaying their own, rather than drawing attention to themselves with a title like empath.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Cooper looks pissed, and who can blame him? His nose looks brambly again too.
No more squares on the wallpaper coloured in?

Of course it was 3 miles. 3 is the magic number.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
ickle cooper whooper has to keep ickle jack company cos she has the bluesies cos the meanie ninnies won't let her have buttery wuttery and she's all chilly willy in the draughty waughty roof 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Why would you say "About 3 miles if I recall correctly". No one cares how far away the shop is, why one earth would that be something she'd have to recall?
There is a thing about giving too much/precise info when people ...

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.