Jack Monroe #110 Hands up, who likes me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has form in putting butter (and plenty of black pepper!) in hot drinks. Behold her virgin hot toddy recipe from way back in May when she camped on her own under the stars with a she-wee.View attachment 323703
In my very limited experience of adding water to butter or vice versa the water gets greasy. Kind of like when you drain off fat from mince.🤢

I mean oh yummy! (🤢)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Wtf is hot toddy? It sounds like something a pervy top gear dad would call you at the student night they’d chosen to attend (after SHE LEFT)
😂😂 Do you mean hot totty?

I think a hot toddy is a drink for when you have a cold, and is usually made with whisky. (So before she cracked the kombuchsky market and that swept the nation.)

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Wtf is hot toddy? It sounds like something a pervy top gear dad would call you at the student night they’d chosen to attend (after SHE LEFT)
Honey, lemon, hot water and whisky. Sometimes ginger.
And apparently, butter, according to Jack (although no other fucker has ever included it)
Good for a cold

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Ah the whole alcohol thing reminds me of another reason why I thought she was full of tit. It was when she said she was drinking 200 units of alcohol a week. So as not to 🔺 myself, I'm being vague but one of my relatives died a few years ago from organ failure because of alcoholism. They were drinking close to 300 units a week. They really wanted to stop (for obvious reasons) and so visited the GP who said they would have to drink about a third of what they were managing to drink a day, so as not to die (not sure of the exact science, but I know that when you're putting away that much booze on a daily basis, you have to be so careful when transitioning to being sober and, basically, you don't just stop). I'm really happy for her living a life as a sober person because that's the one thing I wish I could have changed about my relative's life - to be able to have given them another shot at the healthy, peaceful life they deserved. Lots of adults can have problems with using and abusing alcohol and drugs but I think people have a responsibility to be truthful about how deep that problem is/was.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I think a hot toddy is a drink for when you have a cold, and is usually made with whisky. (So before she cracked the kombuchsky market and that swept the nation.)
This brings me back to Jack's version of Hot Nurse* :oops:

*sounds like an outdated joke that Jim Davidson would make

• Haha
Reactions: 18
😂😂 Do you mean hot totty?

Wonder how the Spencer Matthews backing is going 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 23
So...how did she miss a beat by not putting good ole Hellman’s on the outside of her mince pie toastie?
If she’s so worried about privacy, was has she just taken a photo of the ca with loads of family photos in the background? Oh for fucks sake Jack, just buy the damn butter which you already have in the fridge anyway!

Back to dealing with my Braxton Hicks.

Sending love to those who shared their Narc stories. I learned a lot and can’t quite put into words how strongly I feel that this is an underrepresented thing that we don’t learn about growing up. I had a manager at my last work who was gaslighting me and others, she made me feel sorry for her, she called me on my time off (I worked 6 days a week), she would come in early and inspect my work and then when I was moved sideways she did the exact same thing to her new deputy. Luckily she was investigated for bullying and was asked to leave her job.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
In my very limited experience of adding water to butter or vice versa the water gets greasy. Kind of like when you drain off fat from mince.🤢

I mean oh yummy! (🤢)
But why does some mince have more fat than others? 🤔 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 33
There is buttered Rum Punch. Quite popular. Came across it when I first read 'The L-shaped Room'.
Have never tried it though.

Reactions: 12
She’s covered the back to try and slow our triangulation down, fear not Jackie that’s a brown leather bankers chair that goes for £1.3k new, starts from £300 secondhand. I’m sure hers is from a skip tho.
Lollll I was going to ask why she had an outdoor coat over a chair in an upstairs bedroom.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.