Jack Monroe #110 Hands up, who likes me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why have nearly 9,000 people voted? Her engagement is quite low usually. I don’t get people. Or Twitter.
My experience of social media marketing is that people are much more likely to follow through with passive engagement. In a poll they aren't writing something out or even putting a name to a like or RT. They are just anonymously clicking a poll option.

Reactions: 32
Does anyone remember in February when Jack made her own sanitiser and was going to "share the recipe soon?" 😂

This was when Italy was going into lockdown and you couldn't get the stuff for love nor money... Of course all deleted now.
we have receipts Is it on THE list?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I don’t know if this is against the “rules” but I voted politics. Just doing my part to save the world from Jack’s recipes.
I voted food because I can ignore her food but her politics persona makes me want to go and live on the moon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I'm behind but I HAVE THOUGHTS!

Mulled wine does NOT contain butter. No, no, no. I come from the land of mulled wine and no one, and I mean NO ONE puts butter in it. However, there is a lovely alcohol free version called 'Kinderpunsch'. It's apple or cherry juice (of half and half) heated up in a big saucepan with mulling spices (clove, cinnamon, maybe ginger, star anise or vanilla, too) and orange slices. Served with a ladle into mugs, it's the loveliest drink for daytime Christmas market visits.

Now, with regards to creating the flavour profile of brandy through the medium of sorrel, here's a snippet from www.spiceography.com

Flavor profile of sorrel
Given the origin of its name, it should not be surprising that sorrel is most notable for being sour. It has a strong acidic note that is the result of its oxalic acid content. Its intense acidity allows it to be used in salads in lieu of vinegar and is thought to make it ideal for pairing with eggs.

And the blurb from a bottle of Hennessy (other brands are available)

Candied orange, cherry and dark chocolate notes mingle with the vanilla and peppery spice of the casks, which are present in the long, warm finish.

Saved for years and years to buy my first house at the age of 40. Didn’t once go without butter during that time.

Was I doing it wrong?
You could have had your own house aged 15, had you only stuck to lard and squirty cream.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Mulled wine, alcohol free wine my sister makes that every year for her friends who visit and are driving, has been for years now. Sorry it's not anything new for me I am afraid.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Early thread contender
Jack Monroe #111 I can’t believe she got butter

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
Christ I love quiche. I don’t want to see Jack’s maverick take on quiche. If she were to make a really nice one, that would be fine. I’m assuming it will brown & full of weird odds and ends.
Just catching up...
I’m having (shop bought) quiche for dinner, she’s completely put me off now!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.