Jack Monroe #11 Look for the bare depressipes, the simple bare depressipes, forget about the tattlers and your wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok so I just worked up the courage to have a look on Twitter and I know I've posted about this on a previous thread but I'm shocked at the number of replies referring to us as some variant of pathetic women. "Sad little housefraus" was a standout favourite. It's bizarre to me that someone so supposedly interested in social justice and also a lesbian could both display and encourage such flagrant misogyny. It leaves a bitter (jif lemon) taste in the mouth.

Even if every single person on this forum was a stay at home mother, would it make our opinions somehow less valid? And in the course of my engagement here I've seen posts by doctors, nurses, lawyers, academics and many other high flying types. But having an opinion outside of an arselicking somehow negates all of that.

TW [suicide]: was also interested to note that she uses the phrase "on the brink of suicidal" which, to me, comes across as somewhat hyperbolic.

‘Look for the...depress pipes?’

‘errr, it’s pronounced depress-ipees your honour. the Jungle Book...’

‘ah yes’
I am literally crying with laughter.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
I know this isn’t the time and forgive me courts but I bought some wildflower seeds for the garden, have either of you grown them before? Have you got any tips - we have nice new earth to mix in with the existing “bed” should I just mix it up and chuck the seeds in and pray? How often do you water?
“Apologies, m’lord, we rather went off track at times”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I know this isn’t the time and forgive me courts but I bought some wildflower seeds for the garden, have either of you grown them before? Have you got any tips - we have nice new earth to mix in with the existing “bed” should I just mix it up and chuck the seeds in and pray? How often do you water?
Do a Jack and sling em in a curry.
Seriously though, just sprinkle them in the dirt, or if you have some sand, mix the seed with a little sand as it helps them stop blowing away. They also look lovely in drifts.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Ok so I just worked up the courage to have a look on Twitter and I know I've posted about this on a previous thread but I'm shocked at the number of replies referring to us as some variant of pathetic women. "Sad little housefraus" was a standout favourite. It's bizarre to me that someone so supposedly interested in social justice and also a lesbian could both display and encourage such flagrant misogyny. It leaves a bitter (jif lemon) taste in the mouth.

Even if every single person on this forum was a stay at home mother, would it make our opinions somehow less valid? And in the course of my engagement here I've seen posts by doctors, nurses, lawyers, academics and many other high flying types. But having an opinion outside of an arselicking somehow negates all of that.
I’m going to wear a tshirt in court that says Sad Little Hausfrau ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

TW [suicide]: was also interested to note that she uses the phrase "on the brink of suicidal" which, to me, comes across as somewhat hyperbolic.
Really valid point & I’m not surprised, middle class white Lib Dem voters often miss the mark.

“Apologies, m’lord, we rather went off track at times”
In court I’m gonna be fewmin if we’re paying by the hour to go through the extensive horny for Matt era, £2k an hour to have an ex Etonian read about his chunky forearms? I’ll be suing you lot for it back!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
In one of her recent peculiar hotel room videos - January, I think it was - she said she was close to a mental breakdown because of her financial straits. She frequently describes emotional states with such dramatic language that it would be hard to gauge the authenticity.

Reactions: 20
Hah! I am so easily led that I instantly went to seedaholic (not even reading to end of thread) to see if it was back open. Did I miss the window or are you utilising another dealer?
I haven't been able to get on there either, sadly. But hang in there, she will open back up.

Reactions: 2
I feel like jack probably needs to add an extra 500 crunches every time she threatens to sue someone via Twitter

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Me’Lud, the sauce had to be discussed, to ignore it would be ......criminal .

I’ll get me coat .

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
‘Look for the...depress pipes?’

‘errr, it’s pronounced depress-ipees your honour. the Jungle Book...’

‘ah yes’
:LOL:

This court case is going to cost billions if the legal fees for two tweets from Hopkins were 300k

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
In court I’m gonna be fewmin if we’re paying by the hour to go through the extensive horny for Matt era, £2k an hour to have an ex Etonian read about his chunky forearms? I’ll be suing you lot for it back!
“And on to exhibit 243... *sigh*... And I quote: ‘Phwoar, look at his arms. His lucky wife!’ Please see accompanying images A, B and C.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I have a ‘bank’ of soil leading to some trees. Last week I just flung a box of wildflower seeds all over it, as it was sunny I tried to water it each but sometimes forgot, it has rained this week so have left them. Their green leaves are just poking through now.
I love wildflowers.

Just to add that as a sad little housefruas, i have to take glimmers of joy where ever I can.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Seriously though, just sprinkle them in the dirt, or if you have some sand, mix the seed with a little sand as it helps them stop blowing away. They also look lovely in drifts.
Friend bought me some and I planted them 2 weeks ago, apparently they grow well in 'poor soil' and it's best not to over water them. I'm not a skilled gardener though but my friend has a beautiful wildflower meadow in her garden from last year so hoping mine will flower soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m no lawyer, but if this did go to court, does she have to prove that every single thing mentioned is not true? Or does she just have to prove that the comments and opinions expressed have affected her ability to work/affected her financially? Surely there would definitely need to be proof that whoever is contacting her colleagues and “CPS” is a member here. And those actions aren’t Tattle’s fault are they? Someone ELI5 (Explain Like I’m 5)

Reactions: 17
Back on task please ladies! If you want to talk seeds then I'm sure we can create an Alan Titchmarsh thread....

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Friend bought me some and I planted them 2 weeks ago, apparently they grow well in 'poor soil' and it's best not to over water them. I'm not a skilled gardener though but my friend has a beautiful wildflower meadow in her garden from last year so hoping mine will flower soon.
They do well with just normal rain so they don't need to be watered like other flowers. Yes, they do grow in poor soil and very reliable.I'm sure yours will be beautiful. Butterfly mixtures are also very pretty.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.