Jack Monroe #108 You’re really good on camera mate, honestly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t believe any of those television gigs until I see it with my own eyes. No one is going to give her a full series either. That’s bollocks.

Reactions: 41
It’s just like ‘razor wars’ isn’t it? What next? Rice & Quadruple Bean Soup? FFS.
Today's recipe has a classic Jack intro which I'm SURE has been discussed on these threads really recently? I'm getting all Groundhog Day with her but I recall the intro and not the recipe? Anyway other than that it's great how much care she puts into these things, apparently "you can replace the bag with a bag" 🤷‍♀️

Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 13.07.56.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
I love trying-to-keep-a-secret Jack because it’s always such a puttering anti-climax after she’s spent weeks palpably fizzing with hints of How Great and Career Changing it’ll be, and it turns out to be 4 minutes of her making an absolute penis of herself in one form or another.
Never did get the big reveal after this build up did we? 🤔

921B95CC-5A7D-4834-A3F7-FAA579C7A445.jpeg

Credit - @NorthernSoul

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 85
The thing is though, those messages saying 'yeah let's discuss something in the future' aren't an actual project. It's what you say to people to get them to leave you alone. Because at the end of the day, it isn't up to you. You're going from one contract to the next.

I've worked with so many people who say 'can I send you my idea for a show?' after I've worked with them and I say yes of course. But the reality is, the commissions and the development comes from the TV company......that they then pitch to a channel. And going by her recent performances I seriously doubt TV companies are beating down the door of her crappy bungalow to work with her....

But what do I know, look at the list 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Today's recipe has a classic Jack intro which I'm SURE has been discussed on these threads really recently? I'm getting all Groundhog Day with her but I recall the intro and not the recipe? Anyway other than that it's great how much care she puts into these things, apparently "you can replace the bag with a bag" 🤷‍♀️

View attachment 318824
That is like trying to read a Wordsearch puzzle thing..

• Haha
Reactions: 24
The thing is though, those messages saying 'yeah let's discuss something in the future' aren't an actual project. It's what you say to people to get them to leave you alone. Because at the end of the day, it isn't up to you. You're going from one contract to the next.

I've worked with so many people who say 'can I send you my idea for a show?' after I've worked with them and I say yes of course. But the reality is, the commissions and the development comes from the TV company......that they then pitch to a channel. And going by her recent performances I seriously doubt TV companies are beating down the door of her crappy bungalow to work with her....

But what do I know, look at the list 😂
I think what she's referring to is this single text message 😅

Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 13.22.01.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
......And I accept a new columnist job where I tell the world I'm doing it for free before I've even started and my stated aim is to 'bang out' what they need in half hour - so committed, soooo professional. Definitely not hard work.
To be fair to Jack, and I do try to be fair at least once a thread, I think I get what she is trying to say. Ie, what she is doing is a small thing, that she is happy to do as a contribution to something she supports. She just worded it badly.

I think if she said she was spending hours on it she would get a kicking for virtue signalling and taking on more work when she hadn't met her other commitments, and if she didn't say she was doing it for free she would be challenged for taking work from people who were better qualified to do it.

I don't like to look at everything Jack does on a negative light. True, a lot of the time she behaves like a bleep and is a fantasist and spends far too much time showing off, but when she appears to be making an effort I want to give her some credit.

Hoping she can deliver what she promised.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Yes, she said "that's my bedroom+office at the moment" to a squiggle.
I mean, if there ever was a court case (which we all know will, sadly, never happen) it will just be Jack reeling off loads of accusations and then the wonderful @Marmalade Atkins standing up and calmly and quietly showing the receipts that disprove. Every. Single. One.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I would like to second this. Thank god for you guys as where I am just now, I need to see the positive, rational, realistic, non-judgmental, non-controversial honesty that you mothering bunch of ninnies give so freely.

I think Jack is dangerous with her “tweet first, think later” and the fact she blames a lot of her defects of character on medical conditions is sickening.

I have had the longest visit from the black dog in a long time, and it’s still bounding about looking a bit like that drawing I’ve shared. It’s funny, when I’m in here cracking crappy jokes and overusing the gifs, I start to doubt that I’m depressed because I wouldn’t be able to do that surely? But this is my escape and I love the wit, the honesty, the sheep...all of it. Well, not her pictures of food because, 🤮.
Just wanted to send a virtual fist-bump and wish you well. It’s a horrible thing, the black dog.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Anyone who works in or who has ever worked in a school knows a 'Jack'.
They are that Supply Teacher you walk into the office of the person who arranges supply and say,
"NEVER get them again. Never."
Only to be told they are there again tomorrow because there is LITERALLY no one else. No one.
So you beg for the person who cleans the Science corridor with the big polishy thing, the caretaker, the lollypop lady anyone but them!

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Can we just take a moment to consider how bloody wonderful animals are. All the chaos and that cat still loves her.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.