Jack Monroe #108 You’re really good on camera mate, honestly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm here from the past and completely agree with this, and the follow up comments. I can see how someone in a vulnerable state might feel social media peer pressured to join in, and boom, it's out there on the internet for ever.
Agreed. Also, there’s just something so off about this modern trend to define oneself to the decimal point and for every individual to be put in their own little box, it’s boring. There’s more fun to be had in finding our similarities, our common ground, rather than focusing on every possible thing that separates one from another.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Anyone who works in or who has ever worked in a school knows a 'Jack'.
They are that Supply Teacher you walk into the office of the person who arranges supply and say,
"NEVER get them again. Never."
Only to be told they are there again tomorrow because there is LITERALLY no one else. No one.
So you beg for the person who cleans the Science corridor with the big polishy thing, the caretaker, the lollypop lady anyone but them!
Oh god yes! We've had people that by lunchtime you have already emailed the person that arranges supply to say please don't send us them again. We had one that fell asleep at lunchtime, and another that told us exactly where we were going wrong, and then applied for a job with us!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Cooper’s nose looks a lot better. Do you think he won a final showdown against the Brambly Mice?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I agree, let's not knock her when she's being less of a bellend. Heaven knows it's rare enough. Fair on her for doing something for free (although fair on bleeping everybody she's swindled if they were to kick up a fuss about the fact she can actually afford to do something for free, mind)

Although yes, this too. The gesture is worth applauding, but not the way in which she's tweeted about it/centred herself and not the magazine in it.
I would prefer if she took the full pay for Hellmans and TV appearances and writing and didn't do the patreon and the tip jar.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
One of the difficulties I have is 'reading' people's faces.
Emojis are a complete mystery to me. I'd have more chance with Hieroglyphics.
What the duck is this? Has she given herself a crown of thorns?
It’s the mind blown emoji. I thought it was a shower cap for the longest time which made for some quite confusing text chats until I realized what it was.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Oh god yes! We've had people that by lunchtime you have already emailed the person that arranges supply to say please don't send us them again. We had one that fell asleep at lunchtime, and another that told us exactly where we were going wrong, and then applied for a job with us!
We had a sleeper, a weeper and a runner.
I only knew about the runner because the whole class next to mine were hanging out of the windows screaming, "Run Forrest, Run!"

• Haha
  • Wow
Why would Jack need to technical preperation? It's Zoom, click on the link, enter your password, check your microphone and camera are on.

What else is needed?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Why would Jack need to technical preperation? It's Zoom, click on the link, enter your password, check your microphone and camera are on.

What else is needed?
Are you familiar with her body of work?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
We had a sleeper, a weeper and a runner.
I only knew about the runner because the whole class next to mine were hanging out of the windows screaming, "Run Forrest, Run!"
That class sounds like a hoot! 😂 (And a fizz, and a lung removing laugh.)

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Found it. View attachment 318952

Wow, if you click into that you'll notice that they're *really* not impressed with this 'housing conference' and seem to think it's there to whitewash the housing failures. Rather optimistic of them to think Jack gives two hoots though, so long as she can add 'speaker at housing conference' to her CV / twitter boasts.

Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 15.05.43.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 15.06.18.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Doubt she'll give a shiny tit about the conditions of the tenants' kitchens, seeing as she doesn't have a council house. She'll just be jealous of the lower rents.

Interesting how she's taken the shilling from the organisation at least partly responsible for such things as Grenfell to provide a false air of legitimacy to her employers - they've presumably hired because a) they think that the residents will think 'Oh, she's one of us' when she's coming out with the official line b) they know she won't actually say anything to harm them, as all she'll do is witter on about how awful her life is in the private rental sector and they c) hope that never ending tale of woe will make the pesky locals who don't like tit accommodation or burning to death more grateful for how cheap and secure their homes are in comparison.

• Heart
Today's recipe has a classic Jack intro which I'm SURE has been discussed on these threads really recently? I'm getting all Groundhog Day with her but I recall the intro and not the recipe? Anyway other than that it's great how much care she puts into these things, apparently "you can replace the bag with a bag" 🤷‍♀️

View attachment 318824
On the seventh day.... like God created the world and all the life within it. Jack created the doublebean soup from the no life within her.

Not just a maverick. A god too.
And. A very very good story teller. Such imagination. Maybe she should write books
Just not cookery ones. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.